OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Ajaccio liked halloween but he was feeling a little nervous, this was his first accio event without any support from Vader. He had been preparing and fully knew that the accio team members would have this entirely in hand, but it was just a little nerve wracking. It was so much so that he didn’t have costume, but he had of course come to the celebration anyway. He had to. He had his camera out and was just wandering around taking pictures of other people’s costumes and every so often stopping for snacks. He liked halloween and he knew that everything would be fun, it was just easy to become caught up in the what ifs of this going wrong. He stopped for a moment, just looking at all the people dancing, staring at them somewhat fondly at them. Halloween was just good fun even when he was supposed to be working.

As much as Harper loved the Halloween feast, there was one part she could never quite figure out — the costumes. She'd gotten lucky last year after some of her friends had suggested they go together as a hot dog and condiments, effectively taking care of the whole costume situation, but this year she was on her own and had forgotten to plan ahead. So Harper had spent the last hour rifling through her very limited wardrobe before she'd pieced together something that could be passed off as a costume. It was the hat, which she'd borrowed, that she hoped would sell the look.

It seemed that just about everyone else had actually put effort into their costumes, however. As Harper wandered through the crowd, looking for her friends, she admired her classmates' creativity. Her own attempt at dressing up like an explorer was kind of pitiful by comparison, but at least she hadn't just borrowed another house's tie and called it a day. One person, however, seemed to have put even less effort into their look than she had on her own.

"Hey Ajax," she greeted, stopping next to the Ravenclaw. Harper didn't know him that well, but he had been good company the last time they had run into each other at one of these big school events. "I have to say, seeing you makes me feel a lot better about my last-minute costume," she joked. "Is the camera part of your costume or are you taking photos for Accio?" She remembered him telling her once that he was an intern for the yearbook, and she wondered if he'd stuck with it.

Ajax looked up from her camera lens and was greeted with someone he knew, Harper, he was sure. "hey good to see you!" he greeted warmly. He laughed warmly at her comment, "I thought being a photographer and pretending to be a photographer would be a bit confusing," he replied but really he just hadn't even thought about doing this his mind more pre-occupied with this going well. "Are you a safari expert, wildlife expert or someone specifically?" he asked.

Harper smiled. "Yeah, I guess that could get confusing. But maybe if people think you're just pretending to be a photographer, you'll get more candids." But as she stared out at the sea of people, it became clear that getting candids would not be an issue. Everyone was busy celebrating and far too absorbed in their own activities to pay much attention to others.

At Ajax's question, Harper glanced down at her outfit. "I was actually just thinking an ordinary explorer, but expert also works. Or maybe I'll tell people I'm Indiana Jones and make my costume seem more intentional." She was pretty sure her hat was not the right shape, and she didn't have a whip, but she doubted there were many people here who were that familiar with the old movie franchise. "He's a muggle movie character," she explained, in case Ajax was one of those people.

Ajaccio gave a little half shrug, "We'll see won't we," he thought it might be quite right, that she might have a point there but he wasn't yet able to see the pictures he'd taken. He nodded at her costume and made a noise of understanding. "It would make for a good Indiana Jones character," Ajaccio hadn't seen the films but he knew of them and he'd been on the old ride in the muggle theme park. "He does a good amount of exploring really," He said, "Have you found anything of note in this wild unchartered land of a school dance?"

Harper nodded, glad that Ajax was at least somewhat familiar with the franchise. At his question, she laughed before stroking her chin, pretending to be deep in thought. "I haven't found any treasures yet, but maybe the tent over there conceals something," she said, nodding at the spooky tent that seemed to be a staple at the Halloween Feast. "But I heard it's laced with traps, and there are skeletons guarding the inside. Might be safer out here by the snack table even with all the zombies running around." Living undead appeared to be a popular costume choice, and she'd seen some impressively realistic fake blood. Harper reached over to grab a cauldron cake for herself. "What about you? Photographed anything interesting?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back