Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Open after Jess posts with Addison

Augustus was still baffled about being asked to the ball by Elizabeth. He didn't think she had known him that well, or that they were friends, but he had hoped that maybe the dance would make them be friends. So far, he was having a fun time with her. It was a little uncomfortable for him when he didn't know what to do, but so far, Elizabeth didn't seem to notice his awkwardness yet. She was nice, and Augustus had even danced a bit before excusing himself to go get drinks. Dancing was a bit much, especially with so many people around. He headed to the drinks table and grabbed some juice for himself and for Elizabeth. It was then that he noticed Addison nearby, and he headed over to her with a relieved smile on his face. She was still one of the people he felt safest with, and it would be nice to chat to her before returning to his date. "Uh, hi." He said, holding the two drinks.

Addison wasn't sure why she was even here. Augustus had come with someone else. She had no reason to be here. She was hurt, and angry, and she certainly didn't want to see him right now. She stood by the table, debating getting a drink. Her arms were crossed and she stared sullenly at the floor. She shut her eyes when she heard the familiar voice, turning her head away. "Don't you have somewhere better to be?" She spat, even though part of her knew she shouldn't be so mean to him.

Augustus wasn’t sure what he had expected, but it wasn’t this. He blinked at Addison as she turned her head away, then moved around her so he could look at her, uncertain. “I... don’t know what you mean?” He said quietly. ”I was just saying hello.” He stepped back a bit, biting his lip. “Are you angry?” He had no idea what to make of her reaction. But he could tell she was upset. Augustus hesitantly held up one of the drinks. “Do you want this?” It had been for himself, but he could give it to Addison if it would cheer her up.

Addison shook her head, ignoring him for a moment until he stepped around. She turned again. "Go away, Augustus," she snapped. "You have a date. That you decided to go on when you were with me. I already knew Im not pretty or smart or outgoing like my sister; I'm nothing but full of useless facts." She ranted, stepping away. "As soon as someone better came along you walked away just like everyone else. Leave me alone," she sniffled a little at the end and turned to stomp away. Allison had picked her person and they did everything together. Addy had one friend and he had no problem ignoring her even when they were already together.

Augustus' face fell as Addison turned away from him again, and he stepped back, feeling hurt. He felt even more hurt as she told him to go away, and frowned in confusion at her next words. He wasn't sure if he understood, but he did understand that Addison was upset he was on a date with Elizabeth. He didn't know why. She had asked him, and he knew other people had dates. Why was it bad that he had one? "I never said you're not pretty... or smart." He said hesitantly. "You are both those things." He added quietly. "It's not that Elizabeth is better, she just asked me." He added quietly. "And I thought it would be rude to say no. I hoped she could be our friend too." He admitted nervously. Though it seemed clear to him now he had completely misunderstood the situation. "Please, wait-" He added as she started to move away from him. He followed her, trying to catch up. But it wasn't easy while carrying two full cups. He spilled some, and quietly apologized to the house elves, hoping no one would slip on it later. But he wanted to catch up to Addison now first, before he lost his best friend.

Addison sighed, exasperated. "She doesn't want to be our friend, Augustus! She doesn't even know my name. She approached us and she didn't even see me." She stopped, shaking her head and hugging her arms tighter around herself. "It- I'm fine, I don't need your pity. Have fun with your new friends, you don't need me." She bit her lip, hating herself for being so weak. Augustus was her only friend; the only person that had ever seen her and not found her strange. She ignored her sister's eyes as she started to move again. She had been fine when Cara did this to her, she would be fine this time too.

Augustus frowned in confusion when Addison said she didn't want to be their friend. How did she know? "Maybe she does-" he tried to argue, but his voice was drowned out by Addison as she said Elizabeth hadn't even seen her. He wasn't sure if that had been true, he just knew Elizabeth already, a little. He was sure that was all. "I don't pity you." He said softly. "And I don't have any new friends. I just ...want to make new friends, like you. That's a good thing, right?" He asked her. But then she walked away again, and Augustus' shoulders slumped. He didn't think he could run after her with the two drinks he was carrying without spilling them on the floor or on himself, and he also didn't think Addison wanted him to follow her. He felt sad and confused as he watched her go.

Allison had been surprised to see her sister dressed up. It took her a minute to slip away but when she did she followed her sister down to the ball- where else would she be going dressed like that? She came in just in time to catch Addy running from her odd ravenclaw friend. Allison sighed. She had only heard a bit, but it was enough. "Hey." She stepped up next to the boy. "Augustus, right?"

Augustus was dismayed as he watched Addison leave, but resigned himself to staying here. He had agreed to go with Elizabeth, and now... he didn't feel like it would be polite to leave. He jumped a bit as someone else spoke to him, and he looked at Addison's sister nervously. "Yes." He said simply at her question.

Allison watched as her sister disappeared into the crowd. "She's just scared." She told him simply. "We moved once, when we were younger. For mom's work. She's always been... Well, herself. But when we moved, the other kids bullied her. She only ever made one friend. Cara or Cora or something. Addy adored her. They were inseparable. At least... Until Mason came along. Cara was smitten, and, well..."

Allison sighed and shook her head. "Addy thought they would be a trio, at first. Tried to be his friend. But Mason called her a freak and pushed her into the mud. And Cara just... Laughed. Followed him away. They never spoke again." Allison looked to Augustus. "We moved back home, but I don't think Addy ever forgot it. You're the only friend she's really had since then."

Augustus frowned when Allison said Addison was scared. He didn't understand. The story the Gryffindor told him was a sad one, and he felt bad for Addison as he listened to it. But he also felt vaguely uncomfortable, would his friend want him to know all this? He looked down for a moment, then frowned at her. "Why did you tell me all that?" He asked her quietly. " Addison is angry with me... what if she doesn't want me to know that?" He understood what the girl meant, how she was scared to lose him like this Cara person. "I'm not... Cara, or Mason." He added hesitantly. "Addison knows that. I... think." He said, his voice uncertain. Addison's twin intimidated him, and he worried that she would get angry with him now. He shuffled back a bit, still careful not to spill the drinks.

Allison rolled her eyes. "She's not angry with you, Gus. She's scared." She shook her head. Honestly, was he listening to her at all? "Addison doesn't have any faith in herself. She thinks she's just this... weird kid that no one really wants to be around." Allie shrugged. "Look, I just told you her issue. I would give her tonight to cool down, then find her tomorrow and try to talk it out. Showing up again at all will probably help a lot. I know my sister, and she's just worried you don't like her anymore. I know she didn't get the chance to say it, but when she was asking you to the halloween thing, I know she was going to suggest you two just go to all the dances together. It's probably what set her off in the first place- she was in the middle of asking you herself when some other girl pushed in and took you away, and you let her. I think it hurt her feelings pretty bad. She wanted to be the one dancing with you tonight." Allie grinned at him, ruffling his hair before turning to go.

Augustus listened as Allison explained more, a little taken aback by the sudden nickname. He still wasn't sure if he liked that she had told him something so personal, something hurtful for Addison. And he felt a little hurt himself too, deep down. Addison knew that he was also treated badly for being strange, and she knew he didn't have many friends. So surely she knew that running away at the ball would make him feel bad, too? He'd told her he didn't really know how to have friends, and she had always seemed so patients with him so far. "She... was asking me to the Halloween Feast." He said in response to Allison's words. "Not the yule ball. That was a different thing." He said, frowning. "I didn't let anyone take me away. That's not what happened." He said softly, flinching back whens he ruffled his hair. Even if Addison had wanted to ask him and dance with him, he couldn't know that, could he? And he didn't think there was a rule preventing him from dancing with someone else even if he had a date. He sighed, looking down. This was so complicated, and he barely felt equipped to deal with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back