Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Swishy Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
There was nothing like the Christmas holidays to make Tristan feel more fondness for Hogwarts. It was so nice to be back at school where he had magical powers and could do things he couldn't in the muggle world, and going to his parents no longer really felt like going home. Hogwarts was closer to a home to him, even though he wished his parents could be here too. He sometimes wished they were a part of the magical world too, because right now they just didn't really understand anything going on with him or what he was learning at school. For christmas they had given him clothes, and he couldn't blame them. They didn't really know what he liked anymore, or what he would need for school. Besides, getting new clothes was something he really enjoyed. It was always a treat when they weren't secondhand in some way.

Even though he felt at home at Hogwarts, he didn't really feel comfortable in his dormitory or even the common room right now. After the night of the yule ball, he would prefer not to see Vivian too much. The sad look on his face always made him feel guilty, even though he hadn't really done anything wrong. He had never said they were dating, so taking someone else to the yule ball was allowed. To avoid the common room he was now attempting to study in the student lounge. It was the start of a new semester, but it was never too soon to get started. Especially with a new subject like Arithmancy. But he couldn't really focus. He turned the pages of the book in front of him mindlessly as he leaned on the table, his thoughts wandering to the yule ball and how he would deal with everything.

Though she hated the thought, Xena had realized she had become even more of a nobody, even though she had fought in the Dueling Competitions. Sure, she hadn't won the final round, but at least she had made it there. The rest of her year had passed by uneventfully, and she was suddenly in her third year, had no date to the Yule Ball, and even though she made an appearance, she doubted anyone cared that she was there.
Xena figured enough was enough. No more sulking in her Room about how nobody liked her. She was sure she was going to be able to get friends without even trying, but it seemed as if she'd have to put in a little bit of an effort. Even though her hair was down and curly, it was manageable. She patted it to the side, making sure she looked presentable before leaving her Common Room. Xena wasn't entirely sure where to go next, but as she walked aimlessly up and out of the Dungeons, she thought of a place where there were bound to be students hanging out. Making her way up to the Fourth Floor, Xena poked her head into the Student Lounge, looking for any kind of familiar face. Her eyes locked on one boy, and she racked her brain for how she knew him. They were in the same year, and his name finally came to her. Putting a smile on her face, Xena walked to his table, taking a seat opposite him. "Collins, right? It's a pity you aren't showing off some of your fantastic dancing moves for us." Xena teased lightly, making note of their duel, and hoping he'd take it as a joke.

Tristan looked up from his Arithmancy book when he heard a voice, frowning slightly as it wasn't familiar enough for him to know who it was. It took him a few seconds to remember the girl, but when he did her comment made sense. An embarrassing amount of sense. This was the girl that had knocked him out during the dueling tournament last year, but not before she humiliated him with some silly, embarrassing, jinxes. Still, he didn't want to be rude to her. After all, she hadn't done anything that wasn't allowed, and he had no idea what her status was at the school. He remembered her name from the dueling list, partly because her last name was utterly ridiculous. Dragonslayer, please. Some of these wizarding families really had no subtlety. He smiled, pretending to be amused by her comment. "A pity indeed, but perhaps next time we're matched you can show a few yourself." He said, tilting his head and closing his book to show her he was interested in the conversation. "You're Xena, right?" He knew that if he tried to call her by her last name like she had, he wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. "I don't think I ever complimented your dueling technique last year, you did really well. Obviously, as you beat me." He said with a small smile

Xena smiled when Collins closed his book, maybe making friends was going to be easier than she thought. She laughed lightly when he said she should show her dance moves. "I highly doubt that, but if you saw me at the Yule Ball, you would know I am a very nice dancer." Xena replied, a smile on her face. Her obsession with herself was not something she was aware of, Xena just assumed that she was the best and when others realized that, they would be begging to be her friend. Surely that was the problem, they just didn't know how amazing she was yet. Xena nodded her head when Tristan offered her name, glad that he knew it; she wasn't too much of a nobody after all. Perhaps people were just intimidated by her. Xena grinned, and flicked her hair back over her shoulder at Tristan's compliment. "No you didn't." Xena said lightly. "But, thank you Tristan. I must say you dueled quite well also. What is that you're reading?" She asked, though she didn't really care. However, she kept a smile on her face. To have a friend, you at least had to pretend to like what they liked, right? At least to begin with.

Tristan wondered why the girl thought he would be looking out for her at the yule ball, but decided not to say that in so many words. "I'm afraid I was quite distracted by my date." He told her with a smile, making sure she knew he wasn't there on his own. "Did you go with a date?" He asked her casually with a slight tilt of his head. "Perhaps I'll keep an eye out during the next dance, just to see if you're telling the truth." He added jokingly. Xena wasn't someone he was interested in, but he couldn't help add a flirty tone to his joke to see what sort of reaction it would get. Anytime he noticed a girl (or boy) show any signs of interest in reaction to his flirting, he felt more confident. Though he had no idea if she would even notice the undertone. He smiled graciously when she said he was also a good dueler, and showed her the book he was reading when she asked. "I was trying to get a head-start on Arithmancy. Are you taking that too this semester?" He asked her, though he didn't really care. He only cared about his own lessons and grades. He doubted many others in his year worked as hard as he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back