Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira was a little nervous about one of her classes this year, and of course that meant she was in the library looking to study some more before classes started. When she had seen that Defense Against the Dark Arts was one of her classes this year she had felt a pit in her stomach. They would be more practical with this class this year, instead of just theory. And there was one person who she knew would suffer for it.

Protective and a bit determined, Kira had managed to find an armload of books on practical spells, dark magic, and DADA. Her mind was a bit preoccupied, and before she knew it, Kira had tripped. She hit the ground hard, books flying everywhere. "Ow," She groaned, pulling a book out from under her. This would hurt in the morning.

Patrick was quite nervous for the year ahead. Taking on new subjects was definitely going to be challenging and the boy just hoped that he would be able to get enough help to pass everything, especially considering some of the subjects he was taking were very content-based. The first place he thought to go to before even trying to understand some of the subjects was the library. The library had plenty of resources, sometimes even more information than what his textbooks had, and so it would not be a bad idea to go and visit it to prepare himself. He made his way up and down the aisles, taking out a couple of books from the shelves that he thought could help. When he heard a loud thud he turned around to find a girl who had fallen over with books all around her. It made Patrick's cheeks turn pink, remembering when he bought his textbooks in the holidays and he had completely embarrassed himself in the shop. Not really sure what to do, Patrick tentatively walked towards her. "Are you okay?" he asked, looking down at her. "There's, um, a spell that can make things seem lighter." Patrick tried his best not to seem rude, simply remembering what the lady at the shop had done for him in his own situation.

Kira lay there a minute in defeat when she heard a voice above her. She glanced up and smiled sheepishly. "Oh, hey Patrick." She greeted. She remembered speaking to him once last year when he had delivered a rose. She sat up, blushing a little bit. "That sounds like a really useful spell," She told him with a grin. "Could you tell me what it is?" She asked, looking up at him with big blue eyes.

Patrick smiled nervously at the girl as she smiled at him. When she asked what spell he was referring to, he panicked, figuring he should not have opened his mouth if he really couldn't help her. He hesitated before shrugging. "I-I don't know." he stammered, looking at the ground. "Sorry." He felt his cheeks turn pink and instantly regretted everything he just did. What use was he if he couldn't even tell her the spell? The both of them would soon know what spell it was over the years, but for now, Patrick had no idea and hated himself for it. "I just saw... someone do it." he mumbled to her, hoping he didn't hate her now for his foolish behaviour.

Kira smiled up at him as she stood, finding he was still quite a bit taller than she was. "Oh, that's okay." She told him cheerily. "You're still one step ahead of me, I didn't know there was a spell like that at all." She scanned the pile of books around her, before picking up one on advanced charms. "Maybe it would be in here?" She mused aloud, before turning back to Patrick. "How was your summer?" She asked conversationally, curious. They hadn't had much chance to talk last year, maybe that could change this year.

Patrick watched as Kira stood up, thankful that she didn't think he was silly for not knowing the spell. After all, they were only third years and didn't know many spells anyway. The Hufflepuff wanted to tell her that she probably wouldn't be able to cast the spell yet if she found it, but refrained from doing so as to not disappoint her. Instead, he answered her question, happy to start a conversation with her as it would give him a break from his studies. "Oh it was good, thank you." he replied with a friendly smile. "How was yours?"

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry this took me a while!

Kira smiled brightly at the boy. She waved her hand near a pair of open chairs, offering to sit and chat. "Oh, it was good. I went to a wedding, saw some family. I'm excited to be back though," She told him, taking a seat herself. "I'm trying to decide what classes I should take next year. What ones did you pick?" She asked, remembering he was a year older than her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back