Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 14" Flexible Larch Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Although Lennon hadn't technically done anything rather eventful throughout the semester, somehow this year felt so chaotic for him. Regardless of how much he had put himself out there or not, something weighed heavily on him. He had changed and although it wasn't quite obvious to everyone else, it was obvious within himself and it had caused him to look at things so much differently so far. Perhaps only those closest to him would recognize the subtle differences within the Ravenclaw boy but even then he hadn't been much of a social person all year either. Zara had a boyfriend, even though part of him still refused to accept that possibility simply because he knew his sister well enough, but even so he didn't even want to think of how she was keeping herself busy these days.

After turning in his article for the school paper, Lennon felt heavy and drained, so he just wanted to go somewhere he could feel lighter for a bit. He knew the cliffs were an isolated area, having researched the location once for a previous article, so he decided to head over and admire the view for a bit. He needed to clear his head and there was nothing like the wide open expanse to help him do that. As he arrived, Lennon carefully walked over to the edge of one cliff and decided to take a seat, letting his dull silver eyes slowly take in his surroundings.

Sianna had plenty to keep her busy during the term, finally able to come into her own at the yearbook, which had been keeping her pretty busy, just making sure she had the perfect shots, she knew that she definitely took a little longer than the last photographer of the yearbook, but that was obviously going to happen. The girl knew it probably annoyed the guy who ran the yearbook since she could be quicker at it, but she just wasn't, she wanted it to be perfect, there was little sense in rushing it. Sianna smiled slightly to herself as she walked away from the quidditch pitch, she had been getting better photos of the empty stadium, ones that would be better for the quidditch pages. She had thoroughly enjoyed the games that were played, well, she'd enjoyed them from a distance, she had no intention of ever playing, just not something she was interested in, but she had been curious about the protest, since she knew the two ringleaders of it. Sianna didn't think it was a good thing, or change anything about the school, it wasn't like the school had other sports that it could replace it with. She couldn't exactly see any of the Zhefarovichs playing football.

The young teen was walking through the grounds, she didn't often wander around not that curious about the place and not a huge fan of the muddy, wet outdoors, but since she was outside anyway, she continued to wonder around, eventually decided to check out the cliffs she had heard some loud first years talking about. It wasn't really a place she would even seek out, but since she was near it, she decided to see if at the very least she could get a good few pictures. Hogwarts was in a picturesque place, it would make sense that she could take a few good pictures. Sianna reached the cliffs, and glanced around in front of her, and looked around, noting that someone else was in this area. She didn't know whether or not to approach them considering that she technically wasn't supposed to be in this area in the first place, but if she wasn't nor were they. It was upon deciding to slightly approach that she realised who this guy was, "Lennon," she muttered to herself wondering why he was there. Sianna approached him clearing her throat slightly as she got closer so that he would hear someone approaching, "Hey Lennon," the serbian greeted softly before taking a seat next to the boy, "How was the protest at the quidditch game?"

Lennon hadn't been there long when he heard someone approaching. Just as he turned around, he recognized Sianna as she said hi. Immediately Lennon smiled warmly and said, "Hey!" He hadn't seen Sianna much lately, mostly due to his withdrawn nature lately, so he was happy to see her again. He chuckled a little as she brought up the twins' protest at the Quidditch match but appreciated that even if she didn't agree with their point of view, she didn't ever voice it to him. "It went pretty well actually, got some new attention, so I'd consider that a success," he said with a small nod. "I think I got in trouble with my editor at the Hogwarts Monthly though," he added, laughing. He always knew Quidditch was popular at Hogwarts but he hadn't realized just how prevalent it was in their culture until he started being vocal about his disapproval. It seemed even if he hated Quidditch it was everywhere; Zara was 'dating' a Quidditch player, and he was getting assigned Quidditch stories at the paper. It was unavoidable. "What have you been up to?" he asked instead, genuinely curious as to what she had been up to.

Sianna was pleased it had been a success, while she didn't entirely agree with what Lennon and his sister were doing, she liked Lennon and so she wished for it to be a success. The girl very much knew that quidditch would continue but she liked how vocal they were, unafraid of a fight, "That's good! I got some pictures of you guys, they might end up in the yearbook," The teen smiled at him, she doubted that the pictures really would end up in the yearbook but there was always a chance. Sianna nodded along with what he was saying, she couldn't imagine why he got into trouble with the monthly but he didn't seem too annoyed by it so she laughed a little with him, "Quidditch is part of this schools life blood," she conceded. It had been a boring term really for Sianna, she was mostly frustrated by a lack of things to do, "Aside from taking pictures for the yearbook, not much," she admitted, "That and attempting to study, I've been thinking about starting a photography group of some sort, just to have something to do," Sianna was frustrated in her boredom, desiring to do more and not being able to, "What about you? Aside from your adventures in attempting to strip this school of it's one sport?"

Lennon chuckled when Sianna said she had taken some pictures of their protest for the yearbook, conflicted whether or not he would want them to be printed or not. But that reminded him of Sianna's other work in the yearbook the year before. "That reminds me, I saw some of your photos in the yearbook last year, they were really good," he commented, looking over at her with a small, proud smile. Of course the circumstances under which she had finally gotten to step up and show her skills was not exactly pleasant, but at least some good had come from it. Still, Lennon felt proud of her. It seemed like such a long time ago that they had discussed what they wanted to do and their interests in their hobbies. Back then they had just been interns in their respective clubs but now they were both getting their things published. It felt surreal and even though it didn't seem like such a long time ago, a lot had changed within that year.

"A photography club would be awesome; I'd join!" he said, his voice also much deeper than it had been a year ago. His interest in photography had only grown stronger now that he had an idea for what he wanted to do after Hogwarts, so the sooner he could begin practicing on that the better it would be for him. Lennon laughed again at her last comment and ruffled his hair as he looked out at the cliffs, trying to figure out his answer. "I've been doing the same thing honestly," he shrugged. "Oh I'm taking Care of Magical Creatures after all," he added, referring to their previous conversation when they couldn't figure out what to take. "Haven't discovered any new allergies yet, so I think I'll be fine," he chuckled. "What classes did you decide on after all?" He hadn't seen her in any of his new classes so she obviously hadn't chosen those, which only made him more curious.

Sianna smiled shyly when he complimented her pictures, "Thanks," the Serbian girl said, nodding slightly she liked that he had enjoyed it, and she was glad that he seemed proud of it too. Sianna couldn't wait for the article that Lennon had written in the Hogwarts Monthly, she didn't mind that he might've gotten into trouble from the editor so it was surely interesting. The girl couldn't quite imagine what it would be like to get into trouble from the editor of the yearbook, he didn't seem that strict really if Sianna was honest but really she didn't know much about him, he was like her and Lennon a ravenclaw and he was older, that was all she knew, "What were you writing about for the monthly?" The girl asked curious about what he was writing about, curious about what he did.

The fact that he was interested in a photography club, made her think more about if it was something she could actually do, there were plenty of clubs in the school but none that really took her fancy, she just didn't care much for most of them, the yearbook and the sisterhood were the only things she really cared about, the only thing she could've thought, this is a good place for me. So, the girl wanted to start her own, but she didn't know where to begin or what it should be about, her interests were things like fashion, photography, practical magic, old muggle movies and out of all of those things the photography was the normal thing. She wasn't too surprised that he had taken Care of Magical creatures, "That's good!" she said happily and it was good, she was glad that he was able to take it and not be bothered by his allergies, "This semester I took Muggle Studies, much to annoyance of my family," Sianna told him, "I'll probably do Divination and Arithmancy, I couldn't pick between the two really," Sianna hadn't really been interested in picking between the two, she knew that if she tried both out and disliked one she could drop it and not take it in the next year.

Lennon laughed nervously when she asked him what he had written for the paper and ruffled his hair as a nervous tick. "Uh I did an interview piece on someone, on a Quidditch captain," he said, clearing his throat, "I tried to get out of it at first, but I kinda had to do it, I didn't want to be petty and turn down an assignment, you know? But then I kind of, sort of, made the interviewee cry?" he laughed, embarrassed. "Sooo I don't know if I'll be getting assigned any more stories for a while," he said, ducking his head to hide his embarrassed laugh. He didn't know if he really would be 'benched' for what he had done, because he had technically completed the assignment, the content was just not what they were expecting.

Lennon was glad to hear that Sianna was taking Arithmancy next semester because he had decided on that too. "Cool, I'll see you in Arithmancy class then," he said happily, glad to have a friend already in that class. He had a feeling it would not be easy, so having someone to study with who knew the material would be better. But he was curious about her taking Muggle Studies. "Why was your family annoyed by you taking Muggle Studies?" he wondered. "Wait you don't have to answer that if it's too personal," he added, shaking his head.

It wasn't often that Lennon said what he was thinking because he usually thought out everything he said carefully, but he had always felt comfortable enough with Sianna that he could talk freely without worry of being judged or anything. Since the two of them had not talked in so long, and Lennon had gotten caught up with Aminia, it was easy for him to forget how much he had liked Sianna since he met her. It was not something he had allowed himself to think or act on, and Mini had monopolized his feelings for the past year, but the Veela girl had been playing hot and cold with him the entire time so he never knew where he stood with her. He knew that if he expressed interest in Sianna at least she would be straight with him even if she rejected him, and not play around with him the way Mini did. Since he had been bolder this year anyway, Lennon decided to just go for what was on his mind. Lennon took a breath and looked over at Sianna. "This might be random, but would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

Sianna listened to Lennon explain what happened and she was slightly surprised by what he had done, but she had heard about the boy she had thought him odd, but she didn't think he should be punished for just making someone cry, "I don't think that's too bad, if anything you were just exposing how he really is, if he'll cry from a few questions is he fit to be captain?" she asked thinking about it logically, she had seen from practices that quidditch wasn't exactly the easiest, "It's up to the captain to take care of the team, it's a dangerous sport and even more so if the leader is not capable," Sianna was trying to make him feel better about what he had done while also acknowledging that it might not have been too bad a thing. Sianna couldn't imagine making someone cry but she didn't see Lennon as someone who would've done it with that intent on his mind, just trying to point something out. Sianna smiled a little at him, hoping to continueto make him feel less bad about what he did.

Sianna was thinking that arithmancy wouldn't be half as with lennon in the class and she was sure that it could mean they'd be able to study together, or if she had a a little trouble she had someone she could turn to. The next question wasn't too surprising, "They are big fans of muggles really," she admitted not minding the question or how personal it might be, she was not a pureblood, but her parents definitely had certain views, Sianna didn't much care, she knew her twin did, but she did not. Sianna just shook her head a little, "But, I think it's a rather interesting subject," she told him, hoping to try to show how she was different from her family's views. She hadn't experienced muggles really in person but she was trying her best to be open minded about it, and allow her curiosity be the strongest part. Sianna glanced out at the water and smiled a little hoping that Lennon wouldn't be too bothered by it. So lost in that thought she looked up at him a little startled when he started speaking and also proceeded to ask her to the yuleball. Sianna was a little startled but she smiled at him, "Yes, I'd like that, I'd like that a lot,"

Lennon was glad Sianna didn't seem to see anything wrong with what he had done. "Exactly!" he said, "Isn't journalism all about exposing the truth?" he reasoned. He liked the way Sianna thought, rationalizing everything and when she put it in those terms it all made sense, and didn't make him feel as bad. "I pointed that out to him too actually but he didn't seem to like that," Lennon confessed with a small chuckle. He smiled appreciatively at her and then listened as she explained about her family's views on muggles. Truthfully it wasn't something that was ever brought up in his family so he had no opinion on the matter. He nodded in understanding and said, "Yeah I can see that, the way they live is interesting." He just didn't know if he would want to take an entire subject on it though. Now he sort of understood Sianna's comments about her brother a long time ago. If anything it made him admire the Ravenclaw girl more because she stuck to her own decisions and didn't let her family's views stop her from doing what she liked.

As always Lennon was worried about being rejected as soon as he asked Sianna to the Yule Ball, but he was pleasantly surprised by her answer. It hadn't even occured to him that she could already be taken, or going with someone else so he was glad he had asked after all. He couldn't help but grin and ruffled his hair to try and hide it. "Okay cool, I can't wait," he said truthfully, smiling at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back