Thackery Binns

Book Of Shadow Co-Owner 📚 Southerner In Salem

OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Thackery shuts the door behind Selene, the wintery air greeted them as soon as they were out in the open. It was cold but not too cold that they were able to enjoy a little tour around Salem before it grew dark and too cold for them to be outside. Thackery pulled on his pea coat, smiling over at Selene. "Is that so, what did they teach you about Salem? I'm always curious about what they say of my hometown," Thackery would ask while they trudge through the fresh snow that fell yesterday. It wasn't hard or soft, the snow felt like a good middle though it took him some time to get to Samuel Parris' old home. "This is where Samuel Parris used to live with his children and niece Abigail Williams," Thackery didn't want to mention the slave woman as he found it offensive to speak on her in modern-day. However, it wouldn't be right not mentioning Tituba as the witch trial all started with her. "Tituba, as well. It all started in that old house. I'm amazed it's survived this long." the town of Salem did all they can to preserve history. Even as history as devastating as the witch trials, he guessed they preserve history as a bleak reminder of what mass hysteria can lead up to.

sorry wrong account. it seems willow will do anything to get away from the apothecary. or maybe she just got lost trying to visit iris.

Selene grabbed her coat and followed Thackery out of the door. the weather was a stark contrast to the summer warmth that had been present in New Zealand and she hastened to fasten the buttons over her blue and bronze scarf to stop from getting cold. She loved the feeling of soft crisp snow under her shoes and cool air in her lungs. she did like winter. as they walked she took in the surrounding views. it was a quaint town from the looks of things though the fresh snow could make anywhere look like a Christmas card. "we weren't taught much about modern Salem. only the witch trials" she said. "we were told that the town was split into the town and the village. and there was something to do with a divide between farmers and those attending the port, you probably know more about the trials than I do" she said which had been the background to the town they had been given. "the minister's daughters and niece started acting strange. so they thought they had been cursed by a witch. to find out who it was they made a cake using if I remember their urine and fed it to a dog. they then named three ladies as the witches. their slave Tituba, and two Sarahs, good and I can't remember the other one's last name but one was a poor beggar and one was a rich widow and this started the witch hunt." she said. she was paying too much attention to where they were going beyond not slipping on the ice she was too busy trying to remember her history of magic classes. she decided not to mention that she had been reading up on the trials so much that she had had a few vivid dreams about them. by this time they had stopped outside a house. she looked at the boy beside her as he spoke. explaining the reason they had stopped. the house was not much different to the others they had walked past, maybe a little older looking and but not very remarkable considering its place in history. "that is not what I imagined it to look like" she said. trying to picture it back three hundred years ago where the chaos of the trials had begun.

There was a thick logging fence that went around the perimeter to keep away trespassers and tourists away. If one desired a tour inside of the house, like most no-majs businesses around here one would have to call in advance or see if their front entrance was open for business. Thackery leans against the fence, one leg hiked in between the logs. “Modern Salem is like any old town with a history, everything has calm down over the centuries. I’m grateful for that, or else your aunt or I wouldn’t be able to live under their noses,” Thackery gaze over at Selene, his eyes fell over her scarf. He has seen that scarf before, Maya happen to own one from her Hogwarts days. “No, you’ve summarized all there needs to be know about the Salem Witch Trials. There are tons more to know about Salem, however, anyone whoever visits here wants to know just about the trials. It makes it easier for me as I’m not all the well versed in the other stuff,” Thackery admitted. “Ever been to a wax museum? No-majs have these wax dolls on display dressed up as the townspeople during the witch trials. It’s not far from here or we can visit another site, it’s up to you,” Thackery offered to take this tour further. Maya may not agree with them going to the wax museum as they’re vulnerable hanging with no-majs. Thackery thought it wouldn’t take long to go through the wax museum. When they were done they could head back to Maya’s as it will be dark by then.

Selene smiled as Thackery commented that he and maya would not be able to live there if the witch hunts were still going on. "They said that often real witches managed to get away during the hunts, or they were able to protect themselves with magic" she said. there was one witch who had enjoyed being burned at the stake and intentionally got herself caught but she couldn't remember the name. she tittered a little as he said that there was more to Salem than the trials but he didnt know much about it. "I have not been to a wax museum. but i have seen models of people in museums" she said. "where in salem would you say needs to be visited. it doesn't have to be related to the witch trials or anywhere famous, you know the town better than me" she said. she struggled to talk to new people easily, she had gotten better but recently she had slipped back to how she had been which is why she liked having heli around to do the talking. but Thackery seemed genuine and she wasnt nervous around him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back