Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lars) (Gay
Wand
Laurel Wand 12 1/2" with Phoenix Tail Feather
Dances weren't really Blake's scene, but any opportunity to hang out with his best bros was a good one. They had gotten separated from Jasper somehow in the business of the corridors, but Blake had managed to make it to the ball with Tyler, and that still sounded like a pretty good time to him. They might be able to meet up with Jasper again later on, but for now Blake was contented, making his way over to the snack table with Tyler. "Man, this is stupid." He commented, laughing. "I can't believe everyone got so excited for this. It's just a bunch of teenagers dancing and being gross, boring." Blake pulled a face as he side stepped a dancing couple, making for the snacks quickly. Maybe he and Tyler could find some way to make the dance fun, but it would be a lot of work.

Tyler wasn't sure what to expect from the yule ball. It sounded fancier than a regular school dance, but that didn't mean it was any more fun. But Tyler wasn't going to judge something without seeing it, so it was easy to agree to go with Blake when he suggested.He stuffed his hands in his pockets as they walked around the edge of the dance floor, throwing a glance at the dancing people with a small snort. "What did you expect? It's what they do." He said to Blake as they stopped at the snack table. He nudged him with a grin. "In a few years, we'll be dancing with girls ourselves, you know." He joked. He sighed. "I just hope we won't look as boring or stupid." He added, grabbing some sweets.

Blake pulled a face at Tyler's comment, shaking his head. "Ew, no thanks." He rolled his eyes, picking up a cupcake. "Girls are gross and boring, the only thing worse than going to a dance would be having to hang out at a dance with a girl." He said, thinking of his little sister and mum. They seemed to only ever talk about dresses and makeup, and other boring things. It drove Blake crazy, and though he knew his thoughts about girls were likely to change once he got older, right now Blake didn't see much appeal at all. "Hey, if I was sneaky think I could hock this cupcake at a girl without anyone knowing it was me?" The thought of messing up someone's fancy dress was pretty funny, actually.

Sierra had been excited for the Yule Ball the whole year. She didn't know too much about it apart from what her brothers had told her, but she heard there was dancing, and that was always fun. The Gryffindor girl had help picking out her dress (as she definitely would have preferred something more twirly and fun), and had been convinced to let a girl in her dorm put it up, and Sierra felt like a princess. She heard that people always went to the Ball 'with' someone, but she didn't quite understand that. She just wanted to hang out with all of her friends, so, after dancing for a bit with a couple of the girls from the dorm, Sierra decided to dance her way around the room to find some other friends. She grinned upon seeing the two boys from her year, she hadn't spent too much time with either of them, but it was never too late to make friends! Hearing the one named Blake's last sentence, Sierra giggled. "Who are we throwing things at?" She asked excitedly.

Tyler laughed at Blake's face. The boy's insistence was pretty funny, though Tyler couldn't entirely share the disgust. While the idea of going with a girl as a date was pretty gross, it was also kind of interesting. He couldn't deny he was a little curious, though he definitely wasn't going to tell Blake that and get himself ridiculed. "Fine, but you'll probably eat your words in a few years, just saying." He said with a slight grin. He could tell from Blake's expression that he was about to suggest some sort of wild plan, and he did. Tyler glanced around, noticing that none of the teachers seemed to be nearby. "Maybe. Depends on how well you throw." He said with a grin, the challenge implied in his tone. He was about to add that he'd like to see Blake try, when he heard a giggle behind him. He turned his head and saw Sierra, the girl he had met outside. Tyler had been hoping to talk to the girl again, but somehow now didn't seem like a good time. He wasn't looking his best, not wearing a suit like most of the other boys, and that while Sierra was dressed beautifully in a pink dress. He stared at her for a moment. Then cleared his throat. "Hi Sierra." He said nervously.

Blake pulled a face, shaking his head. He knew he was probably going to change his mind about girls some day, but right now the prospect was a grim one. "Whatever. Still gross." He said dismissively, happy to let the subject of future dates die. Hefting the cupcake in his hand, Blake grinned back when Tyler challenged him. Throwing wasn't Blake's strongest physical suit, something he didn't really have to do a lot of playing hockey, but with no teachers around he was definitely willing to try. Before Blake could really biff it though, he heard a voice he recognised from classes, groaning. Girls always had to ruin the fun. Looking over, Blake was surprised to see how Tyler looked looking at Sierra. What was up with him? Pulling a face at Sierra, Blake laughed. "Girls in dumb dresses, do you wanna volunteer?"

Sierra grinned at Tyler as he greeted her. "Hi TyTy!" She looked back at Blake as he pulled a face at her, and she quickly stuck her tongue back at him as he offered for her to volunteer. "I look like a princess in this dress, you're just jealous because you have to wear a stuffy suit!" Sierra said back, lightly. She looked between the boys. "Awh but you two are matching! You should've told me, I could have worn that country style too! But still in a dress. And not a stupid one." Sierra teased. "Because I'm a princess." She added, for extra measure.

At the sight of Sierra, Tyler had easily gotten distracted from what they were talking about. So when Blake asked Sierra if she wanted to volunteer, it took him a few seconds to understand what he meant. "She's cool." He said hurriedly before Blake could do anything stupid, like throw a cupcake. Or before Tyler could do something even more stupid, like jump in front of said cupcake. That would definitely be dumb, but maybe Sierra would like it. Then he was distracted again when he realized what Sierra had called him. "Uh, you can call me Tyler." He said quickly, feeling his cheeks heat up as he knew Blake had heard that. Then he looked down at himself, and then at Blake. They did match. How had they not noticed? "That wasn't on purpose." He said with a slight frown. "Besides, it doesn't match that much." He said defensively. It wasn't like they were dressed exactly the same, at least.

Blake's evening was well and truly ruined now as Sierra had interrupted their guy time, but to his surprise he was at least getting teasing material out of it. "Yeah, Ty-ty." Blake snorted, laughing at Tyler. That was an exceptionally stupid nickname, and he was definitely going to get some mileage out of it. As Sierra went on though, Blake's face fell. "We're not matching!" He protested. "And it's not a country style, this is just the dumb suit my dad got me. Our suits are totally different!" He said, gesturing to Tyler. Sure, they were both blue, but that didn't mean matching! "Princesses are stupid anyway." He retorted, hefting the cupcake still in his hand. "Nobody looks cool dressed like a dumb princess." Princesses reminded Blake of his little sister's stupid barbies, and he didn't really want anything to do with that gross stuff.

Sierra beamed when TyTy said she was cool. She looked over at Blake with a smirk. "Yeah Blake, I'm cool." Upon hearing what to call TyTy, Sierra nodded her head. Maybe some people just didn't like nicknames? He'd always be TyTy to her in her head, but she didn't want him to be upset so she just gave him a smile, before listening to the outrage of their outfits 'not matching'. Sierra giggled. "Okay, if it makes you feel better, you definitely don't match." Sierra laughed again at Blake's comment about princesses. "Except for me! Remember? I'm cool." Sierra replied with a grin, before getting an idea and excitedly putting her hands on the shoulders of the two boys. "Guys! Let's go dance!"

The longer this went on, the less Tyler liked the situation. Blake and Sierra was not a combination he enjoyed, especially when Blake was mean to her. It felt like his loyalty was split, which was stupid because Blake was his best friend and Sierra just some girl he had talked to a few times. But thankfully, she didn't seem to be bothered by Blake. Tyler was, however, and he nudged his friend hard when he repeated the nickname mockingly. "Shut up." He said as he elbowed him. He nodded in agreement when Blake said they weren't matching. "I'm not even wearing a suit." He pointed out mildly. He usually agreed that princesses were stupid, but in Sierra's case she didn't look stupid at all. Tyler watched Blake with the cupcake carefully, a little worried about what might happen. "There's much dumber dresses you can aim at." He pointed out. "Unless you just want a target that's close enough so you know you'll hit?" He added with a smirk. He knew that a challenge was the easiest way to divert Blake's attention away from Sierra, and didn't doubt that it would be effective. He looked at Sierra as she laughed at Blake's comments, wondering if she really didn't mind what he said. Then she told them they should go dance, and Tyler blanched. "What? No way." He said, shaking his head. He wasn't here to dance, no matter how pretty Sierra looked in her dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back