Professor Kalif Styx

Slytherin HoH / Patriarch / Former Death Eater

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Relationship Status
Married
Trophy Showcase:
Greetings everyone!

As everyone may know, almost every month, we celebrate someone with their hard work on their biographies! The site staff look far and wide to find someone special to nominate for this month. And this month, we have discovered a truly amazing biography, belonging to Flynn North, the RPer being Charlie!

Flynn North is an adorable first year Gryffindor that I enjoyed reading the lessons of, while I was teaching DADA for the younger years that is. Here is the biography to go look at! (Also, you might remember seeing that Charlie said in the shoutbox that Flynn's biography is just information slapped onto a thread :r )

And, without further ado, here is the fated, worth waiting for questionnaire!
What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?
Well, first off I have popup notifications enabled on windows so I go a nice popup out of the blue titled 'your biogrpahy caught our attention' and I totally started to worry that I had written something wrong and was in trouble. So thanks, for that :doh: Secondly was just pure shock because wow I didn't expect this in the slightest.

What was the inspiration for your character?
I had zero planning. I happened to check the site to notice it was nearing the end of a sorting period so was simply 'wow gotta come up with something'. The process was going to a name generator and generated something I liked, registered the account, and then rushed to the sorting application and sort of just let him appear in my head as I wrote it. So I wouldn't really say I had any inspiration, he's just his own character and did his own thing. I'm just the poor sod having to write it.

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?
There are a lot of rp's that I have really enjoyed writing, so don't think I could just pick one that I like the best. I just love writing with all you guys and are blessed you can actually put up with this terror of mine :wub:

What is your favourite aspect of your character?
How he just speaks his own mind and doesn't let anyone tell him what to do. Not even me, and I'm the one writing him. Though it does mean he doesn't exactly get on well with other people and friends are hard to come by. But maybe that will change and he won't end up growing old as a crazy old man who yells at clouds because he has no one else to talk to.

Your least favourite aspect?
How much of an ass he can be. He has a great habit of being rude to literally everyone off the bat and not caring about it. I'm someone who loves my character having lots of friends, Flynn has a total of one person he actually calls a friend and then one he looks up to more as a mentor than a friend. Everyone else he's annoyed in some way and has decided he doesn't like them. So that's fun.

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?
No, absolutely not. Have you met Flynn on board? He's an annoying and rude little jerk and I think I would have to refrain myself from punching him.

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?
Coming up with really bad and evil ideas to ruin their lives literally out of nowhere. My brain is hardwired for angst and no one can stop it. I will come up with at least evil idea for all of my characters, but the question is if I actually end up going through with it or not.

Your weakness?
I really really cannot do headcanons or develop those little quirks different characters have. Generally, I feel like I don't need them to get a good grasp of the character in my head. And I know a lot of people love doing headcanons and always give me a '????' look when I tell them I hate doing it. :teehee:

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
Throw them into as many random roleplays and different situations as possible and see what happens. Sometimes, those random threads out of nowhere end up being big turning points or uncovering truths about the character. Those threads have the potential to be better development than planned threads.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?
For the first time, I have actually managed to not ghost on the whole site and have a character coming into their second year that I am present for. Woo go me. :party: But in all seriousness, I am really looking forward to all the new rp's to take part in and have some... 'fun' times planned in the coming weeks for Flynn.And of course, all the new opportunities that might pop up and the chance to get to know even more of your amazing characters

What is your favourite part of HNZ?
The people, by far. You are all such lovely people and I always enjoy chatting with you all. And you have some really amazing and interesting characters and great creativity to come up with it all. You guys really are the reason I can't ever stay away for long.

So, let's bombard Charlie with questions, comment, and love over Flynn North! Congratulations!

~ Kaitlyn
(On Behalf of HNZ Site Staff)

And yes, I did that on purpose. :r

Professor Landon Carter

herbology 1-4 | laid-back | friendly | father of 1

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
Yay, good job Charlie! He's such a good character. Congratulations! :wub::party:

Daisy Parker

Meow Meow Meow 🐶

OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Lizzie)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Trophy Showcase:
Coming up with really bad and evil ideas to ruin their lives literally out of nowhere. My brain is hardwired for angst and no one can stop it.
Omg Charlie, you're amazing :lol:

Congratulations!! I love Flynn :wub:

Elliot Briar

6th Year | King of Flowers | Ollivander's Asst |

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Alice
Wand
10 1/2 Inch Alder Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats, Charlie! Flynn's such a fun char I can't wait to see how he develops

Juniper Zumwalt

Always snacking | Impulsive

OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
11 in Knotted Silver Lime, Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congratulations, Charlie! Your response and bio are lovely to read! Does Flynn want to be adopted ever, and where does he go during the breaks from school?

Chloe Thompson

☆ ½ French ☆ Astrophile ☆ Chaser ☆ Bubbly

OOC First Name
Marijke
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Larch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
Yay congrats Charlie! Love reading Flynn’s threads! :party:

Thalia Pourroulis

older twin • shy • doormat • chaser • HM Intern

OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Too young to care
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Charlie! Flynn’s rps are a lot of fun to read :)

Flynn North

amputee + orphan + rebellious + angry

OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand With Augurey Tail Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
Wow, Kaitlyn really out here calling me out like this I'm hurt. But thanks so much guys, really wasn't expecting this

Congratulations, Charlie! Your response and bio are lovely to read! Does Flynn want to be adopted ever, and where does he go during the breaks from school?
While he won't openly admit it as such, yeah, he does want to be adopted. He misses having a family and hates the orphanage with a burning passion. The dude just wants to be loved again. And will never ever tell anyone that ever. As for the holidays, where he can, he stays at Hogwarts. Though for the winter break where he has to go somewhere else it's back to the orphanage or to a temporary foster home until he can come back to school.

Rosemarie Chatwin

Clueless l Baking l Professor Carter's Assistant

OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Ecosexual
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Trophy Showcase:
I love Flynn so much! He is so funny and the roleplays he is in are epic!

Tilly Drage

"Skyscraper" | Quidditch Hopeful | Always Hungry

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
12" Pear with Mermaid Scales
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats on being featured, Charlie ^_^

Harper Alston

nothing is too wonderful to be true

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 12.5'' Flexible Larch Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats!! Flynn's a great character, and I always enjoy reading his threads :D

Ruben Right

Triplet| Moody| Friendly| Stubborn

OOC First Name
Ruben
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Charlie! Looking forward to see what Flynn's gonna be up to next year😜

Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congratulations Charlie! 🎉🎉

Amber Chou Wilson

💗 Friendly | Gladrags Shopkeeper | 2048 Grad💗

OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay (Ainsley)
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Charlie! I love Flynn :D

Samuel Phillips

Part-Veela | Artist | Scrivenshafts Owner

OOC First Name
Anna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2" Flexible Cypress Wand with Veela Hair Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Charlie :D

Flynn North

amputee + orphan + rebellious + angry

OOC First Name
Charlie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand With Augurey Tail Feather Core
Trophy Showcase:
Question! What made you want Flynn to have his leg amputated?
An interesting question!

You know that brain of mine hardwired for evil and angst? Yeah, that happened. There I was, not that long after sorting Flynn. settling down to go to bed, all curled up under the duvet, eyes closed and ready to sleep and suddenly my brain just goes "hey what if you had a character who get's a limb amputated?" Then the idea just would not leave my head, I ended up thinking about it more, thinking about how it would affect things and how interesting it would be to write a situation like that. So, I just decided to go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)