Character Spotlight: September 2024

We are back with a new character to spotlight!

As a refresher, the character spotlight is our chance to highlight a character whose development catches our eye. It might be a particularly unique or detailed biography, some exceptional development in a roleplay, and usually a combination of the two. ^_^

This month, the character spotlight is on Lilith Ilves, roleplayed by Faye! :party:
We hope you'll join us in giving a congratulations to Faye and drop in with some questions about Lilith. :frantics:

Please take a moment to take a look at Lilith's bio, development, aesthetics, and questionnaire!

What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?
Well, opening my messages I was like, uh oh what have I done wrong what crimes have I committed to have an Admin reach out to me, as soon as I opened I started screaming and jumping, I got so excited I accidentally turned my pc off... :shy: Most of all I just felt incredibly lucky to get such opportunity especially as such a new member of this community, just blows my mind. No but seriously I was just overwhelmed with joy and very grateful. <3

What was the inspiration for your character?
My inspiration for Lilith was definitely me. I wanted to create a character that was a part of me but also her own. She has a lot of qualities shared with me, such as her Finnish nationality and love for books. There's also a lot of my own interests embedded in her, but in a new way. She is the elevated version of me and I wanted to make a character that would feel like I was going to Hogwarts. (Which is healing my inner child. I might have written a letter for dobby at 12-years-old that it's not too late to take me to Hogwarts...)

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?
Ah that's a hard one, all of them really have allowed me to take a look into her more, but if I had to pick I would probably say that these ones hold a special place in my heart. Enough Is Enough. In Enough is Enough, Lili talks with her best friend she had a slight disagreement with and I just the way she handled it made me feel like a proud mother. swimming in shallow waters in this one she has a chat with her roomies in the 1st years girls dormitory and something about how she treats them just makes me happy, you can really see how she cares for others. Honorable mentions are all her lessons but especially Transfiguration and Astronomy. I feel like she's really in her element on those two.

What is your favourite aspect of your character?
The way she looks out for others, always willing to help and so selfless. She would go to hell and beyond to help those she loves and believes in second chances, without being too gullible. I also LOVE her little habit of naming people after stars and or planets. Also I absolutely adore her drive to study and go after what she wants. I also love how shes proving to be a bit of a yapper when comfortable, though she still get very nervous around new people but is constantly trying to challenge that. This girl is not afraid of challenges and I love her for it. :teehee:

Your least favourite aspect?
Writing her I can often sense her self-worth lacking and I hope that when she ages she can learn to love herself and see herself through my eyes. I absolutely adore her and it hurts me when I write and somehow she still doubts herself in so many things.

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?
Oh yes absolutely. She remind me a lot of younger me and I would love to meet her and tell her she is worthy and to keep that kind heart and thrive, no matter what others say. I just even though she's quite new to me as a character I have grown to love her and I discover new things all the time, just would love to sit her down and have a lil chat.

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?
Definitely my imagination. I have had a very creative and huge imagination since I was a child and it has only grown through reading. Also my ability to take critique and work on those things. I am always open to hearing others opinions on how I can do better and get better.

Your weakness?
Definitely my nerves and doubts on my own abilities. I am very self-conscious and at first I had Zephie proof read most of my first posts because I thought they were terrible and that not up to others expectations. So I feel like sometimes I doubt my own abilities and capability and proceed to not do something for a character because of said doubts.

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
Trust your gut, if you feel like a character is missing something explore it. Take a pinterest deep dive? See what kind of aesthetic would fit them, if you notice they are going through things contact someone trusted co-writer and ask if they'd be up for some plot for lil chitchat or just to listen to you explain and possibly give you fresh set of eyes. Definitely helps me to just waffle out what's on my mind about the character, maybe get them into a plot where they can further explore something or just sit down and talk with someone about their feelings in the moment.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?
Yule ball!!! Exams!!! More lessons in diff subjects!! Making more friends and becoming even more frequent part of the community. Also I am very excited to see how my characters develop for sure, just all around excited about everything. <3

What is your favourite part of HNZ?

-Um? Everything? This place is amazing, not only can I heal my inner child by role playing going to Hogwarts, but the people have been so welcoming. Everyone here seems very open and receiving of new members, when I first joined I said to Zephie knowing how close-knit and long history the community has, that I'm afraid I won't get the hang of it or will always feel like an outsider. Definitely not true, everyone is lovely. Even when I get slated to hell and beyond, but it's okay a little bonk never hurt nobody. :teehee: But seriously I love everyone here and thank you for welcoming me with open arms! I already said this to a few but this site is my new safe place. <3

Congrats again!

~Cyndi
(on behalf of the site staff)

Congratulations Faye! I need to read more of Lilith's RPs, she seems like such a sweetheart :wub:

YAAAAY FAYE!! Congratulations :party: !!! Faye is awesome!

Congratulations Faye! Lilith seems great! I'd love to RP with her sometime!

Congratulations, Faye! I’m really loving what you’ve done with Lilith so far. You’ve got nothing to worry about, you're writing is great :)

Congratulations Faye! Lilith seems great! I'd love to RP with her sometime!
YESSS!! I'm always looking for new threads for my girl so would LOVE to do smth at some point <3 And thank youuu <e
Congratulations, Faye! I’m really loving what you’ve done with Lilith so far. You’ve got nothing to worry about, you're writing is great :)
Awh tysm <3 I appreciate it! I definitely have gotten more comfy on the site and the friendly responses have helped with the anxiety <3

Congratulations Faye! I don't have an student in her year, but she seems very fun!

CONGRATS FAYE!!!! :wub: :wub: Omg I am so happy for you. Lilith is an amazing character, I enjoy reading everything you write for her. And she's just adorable :')
Congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back