Character Spotlight November 2021

Here comes the start of November and with a new month comes a new spotlight. i don't know which is more exciting. seeing who is selected or getting to read all about their processes. This month is no exception. I would like to extend the warmest congratulations to Jess S, her character @Professor Mallory Corrins caught our attention. while jess has many interesting and well-developed characters Professor Corrins caught our attention because not only does she have a nicely organised Bio, she is also often seen RPing outside of the classroom which really helps keep the school engaging

What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?

I legit thought I was in trouble, lol.

What was the inspiration for your character?

I wanted to have a dramatic plot twist for Kira's family, and what could be better than having her mom be something akin to a run-away heiress? Which led me to the disowned Dimitri, and his younger sister, who despite her position in society was a very shy, soft, sweet thing. The stereotype for rich kids is usually spoiled and snarky, and I just wanted a different take on that.

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?

Oof, that's a hard one. Anything with Atkin is always just so very sweet. If I had to choose one, then perhaps the halloween thread with the Professors group costume? I just loved having all those teenagers having to deal with Mallory being the size of a toddler.

What is your favourite aspect of your character?

Oh that's a tough one. Can I say her cats? I think I like that she's just always so gentle. She's just truly a nice person.

Your least favourite aspect?

Well, I suppose that would be the fact that she takes every little criticism from her students to heart. That 'anonymous' note she got very likely made her cry when she went to bed that night.

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?

Ooooh, yes please. Mallory would sit me in her office and give me a warm drink and we'd just talk and talk for hours.

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?

Oh, er.... that's a tough one. My attention to detail maybe?

Your weakness?

Planning ahead literal years in advance, making new characters constantly before finishing my spreadsheet with the old ones, forgetting ideas all the time- wait, did you just want one weakness?

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?

Spreadsheet. It helps. And a notebook. I write down every reply I get as it comes in (in pencil) then erase them as I reply to them. It works for keeping track of lessons too. And google docs. I keep most everything in the spreadsheet, and in bios, but I also keep a few things in google docs.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?

You ask that like I can actually keep track of time. Sorting is always fun, I have two boys this year. Onyx is probably getting married soon-ish, that should be fun. Ask me again in two days and I might remember what's actually happening on site lol.

What is your favourite part of HNZ?

The people. I found hnz because I was lonely and depressed. The plots keep me focused and sane. The people are actually what friends should probably be like. I've never really known safe spaces or people that I didn't have to chase down just for a moment of attention. In the interest of too much information, this is the biggest social circle I've ever had. I hate that everyone is so far away, I just want to stop by with your favourite snacks and drinks and see you smile. I don't really care much about Harry Potter anymore. I just love writing and plotting and feeling like I actually belong somewhere.

We encourage you to take a look at her biography and aesthetic.

And don't forget to join the spotlight chat this month and ask Jess questions about her lovely character! ^_^

Mia :mia:
On behalf of the site staff

Samantha Jacobs

'55 grad 🎓 | olivanders asst. | biggest heart ❤️

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi ) ( Ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Trophy Showcase:
YAY!!! Congrats Jess!! I love Mallory! :party:

Professor Landon Carter

herbology 1-4 | laid-back | friendly | father of 1

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Yay, this is so well deserved! :party: Congratulations:wub:

Harper Alston

we are born believing

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 12.5'' Flexible Larch Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Trophy Showcase:
Congrats Jess!! :party: I love Mallory and how much care she has for each of her students.

Two questions:
1. Is she still in touch with her father?
2. What is this anonymous note??

Adorah Zumwalt

'55 Grad | Honeyduke's Asst.

OOC First Name
Kiersten
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Noel <3)
Wand
Vine Wand 12 3/4" Dragon Heartstring Core
Congrats, Jess! Well-deserved!

Question: Maybe I missed it, but how did Mallory's mother die? Does she still keep in contact with her siblings? I know you said her brother never reached out, but did/does she reach out to him?

Ainsley Lynch

🌼head in the clouds🌼6'3"🌼 🪄ollivanders🪄

OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Amber ) ( Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Fwooper Feather Core and 6'5" Sturdy Carved Walnut Staff With Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Congrats Jess!! This is super well deserved! Ana already asked the question I was thinking of, so I'll be back with a fresh one later :p Wanted to say congrats though, love you lots :wub:

Atkin Grayveson

hs gryffindor grad / The Wolf Inn Manager

OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Mallory
"Congrats, sweetheart. I told you lots of people love you. Who wouldn't?". Atkin said affectionately.

Jokes aside, Congrats, Jess. Mallory deserves it and I must say I am touched when you said any topic with Atkin is sweet. My boy tries his best. :teehee:

And yes, I agree with the notebook and sheets thing. Jess and I have been doing it as well as the docs whenever we need some topics fully roleplayed or when I am low on the muse and don't want to be overwhelmed by the red number of my notifications.

Jess is one of the top reasons why I always come back. She always has a way of bringing back my muse and passion. That and the never-ending babies in the families. :lol:

Ronald Lazarao

Alt Keeper | Inner Eye Asst. | Auror Enthusiast 🦁

OOC First Name
Rm
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Bisexual) (Lumio)
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Sturdy Holly Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Bravo Congratulations Jess :)

Professor Mallory Corrins

Soft- Shy- Searching- Charms 1-4

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Hetero
Wand
8 inch sturdy Ivy wand with Fairy wing core
Congrats Jess!! :party: I love Mallory and how much care she has for each of her students.

Two questions:
1. Is she still in touch with her father?
2. What is this anonymous note??
@Harper Alston Awww thank you <3

1. Absolutely not. Her father has a temper, and Mallory was intimidated by him before she left home. She cut him out of her life once she and Annika were both out of the house.

Congrats, Jess! Well-deserved!

Question: Maybe I missed it, but how did Mallory's mother die? Does she still keep in contact with her siblings? I know you said her brother never reached out, but did/does she reach out to him?
@Adorah Zumwalt
Honestly, I hadn't thought too hard about it. I was pretty sure that it was unexpected, perhaps a sudden illness or an accident. Because none of the Korrinov kids were at home, none of them know exactly how she died. Their father isn't exactly charitable with information.

Mallory is in close contact with Annika right now, and probably will be with Dimitri later. She might not be the eldest, but she's the most mature, and the most protective. She's actually planning to reach out to him soon. She sent Annika to Dimitri first, partly because Dimitri and Annika were closer and partly because Annika is stronger. Mallory knows she won't be able to discuss anything at first with Dimitri, she'll just drag him into her arms and cry a lot. Dimitri needed to know things first, and Annika could tell him when Mallory couldn't.

Congrats Jess!! This is super well deserved! Ana already asked the question I was thinking of, so I'll be back with a fresh one later :p Wanted to say congrats though, love you lots :wub:
@Ainsley Lynch Love you too :wub:

"Congrats, sweetheart. I told you lots of people love you. Who wouldn't?". Atkin said affectionately.

Jokes aside, Congrats, Jess. Mallory deserves it and I must say I am touched when you said any topic with Atkin is sweet. My boy tries his best. :teehee:

And yes, I agree with the notebook and sheets thing. Jess and I have been doing it as well as the docs whenever we need some topics fully roleplayed or when I am low on the muse and don't want to be overwhelmed by the red number of my notifications.

Jess is one of the top reasons why I always come back. She always has a way of bringing back my muse and passion. That and the never-ending babies in the families. :lol:
@Atkin Grayveson First of all, you're making me blush. Second of all, you have to keep coming back. Do you see how many finals of mine you have? That would be way too much work for me to rewrite all of them. Emzies can only have so many.xD And really, a lot of couples of course means a lot of kids. I can handle another eighty characters :p

Atkin Grayveson

hs gryffindor grad / The Wolf Inn Manager

OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Mallory
@Atkin Grayveson First of all, you're making me blush. Second of all, you have to keep coming back. Do you see how many finals of mine you have? That would be way too much work for me to rewrite all of them. Emzies can only have so many.xD And really, a lot of couples of course means a lot of kids. I can handle another eighty characters :p

What started as an e-mail for a father character is now a long-term friendship with eight ships. (Did I forget anybody? :lol: )
Jess is one of the reasons why I slowly reactivated my characters, inspire me to develop them even more and make more characters.

Professor Mallory Corrins

Soft- Shy- Searching- Charms 1-4

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Hetero
Wand
8 inch sturdy Ivy wand with Fairy wing core
Oh, something I forgot to mention. Mallory was never allowed pets growing up, and didn't find out until she was eleven that she was allergic to cat fur. Not sure if anyone cares lol but I was thinking about her cats. She actually found out because Dimitri snuck out to go to a party and came home with cat fur on his pants. (Tri ended up awkward in the corner petting the cat)

Users who are viewing this thread