Character Spotlight June 22

We all know there are some awesome characters on HNZ, and some even more awesome people behind the accounts. This is why every month we spotlight one character and the person behind it (Except for May where the whole site is on the whole site).

This month we are Spotlighting @Ana Sofia Burleigh played by the wonderful Marijke.
Ana Sofia has been drawn to our attention.
We liked how strong the character's personality comes through in her roleplays and how well organised and pretty her biography, Relationships and aesthetic boards are. If you haven't looked at them already I really recommend checking them out.

As is Tradition we have asked Marijke some questions about her character and processes for making a new character and here are her answers.

What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted?
I honestly just thought I'd done something wrong or forgotten something I was supposed to do so reading the message was a huge surprise!

What was the inspiration for your character?
Honestly, I just wanted a Hufflepuff because I missed having one so that was the main focus 👀. I also really enjoyed the idea of having a character that's creative and wanting to make everything around her look nice and happy. Put one and one together and Ana Sofia was born.

What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in?
I don't think I have a favourite but I always love Ana hanging out with Rose, Essie and Tilly! Then there's also the fun little interactions between Essie, Sawyer and her during the arts club meetings. Plus pretty much all of the rose giving threads she has been a part of. She's incredibly enamoured by the whole event and it makes her so much fun to RP during that time.

What is your favourite aspect of your character? Your least favourite aspect?
I love her sweetness and how that has grown into her being way more extroverted than I think she was supposed to be at the beginning. Also her trying to create things for her friends as tokens of affection, like making something for Rose to carry her succulent around and always offering to paint Tilly's beater bat.
In contrast to that I feel like it wouldn't hurt her to toughen up a bit more. She hasn't had many struggles or fights with others yet but if something happened I'm certain she wouldn't have the guts to stand up for herself or do something about it.

If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not?
For sure! I think she would be a lovely person to hang out and ge a little creative with.

What do you feel your strength in developing characters is?
This is such a difficult question because I don't know?? I often start with the most basic idea and then try to build around that but they often end up straying from that idea quite a bit. I think most development just comes from throwing them at different characters and into different situations and just seeing what happens along the way.

Your weakness?
I feel like I throw far too few curveballs at my characters. Most of their lives are quite smooth sailing and I have a tendency to be cool with that rather than hitting up others and discussing plot ideas in that area. I also dislike going back to read my own bio's after I haven't looked at them for a little while.

What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters?
Personally, I love creating aesthetics for my characters when they're still just an idea. Having visuals for certain aspects of their character really helps me in figuring out what they're going to be like.

What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months?
Everything! More birthday fun, MoM elections and just me lurking every thread I come across when I don't have time to reply but do have time to read what others do. :r

What is your favourite part of HNZ?
I love being able to see how creative everyone gets in creating their characters and developing them through life. Honestly it's so much fun to find out what others have planned and seeing it all unfold as certain threads unfold. I also really appreciate how supportive everyone is whenever someone has achieved something ooc or is absent for a while because something less fun might've happened.

Please join me in wishing big Congratulations and well done to Marijke for such an awesome character.

Mia :mia:
(On behalf of the site staff)

Last edited:

Tilly Drage

Hufflepuff Co-Captain | Beater

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Seraphina
Wand
12" Pear with Mermaid Scales
Congrats, Marijke! I love Ana Sofia. :wub: Maybe she'll get to paint the beater bat sometime before graduation :teehee:

Professor Landon Carter

herbology 1-4 | laid-back | father of 4 girls

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Congrats!! This is so well deserved. Ana is such a sweetie :wub:

Harper Alston

is there world enough for me?

OOC First Name
Ana
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Straight 12.5'' Flexible Larch Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Congrats Marijke!! :party: Ana Sofia is a wonderful character, and this is very well-deserved. Also, her aesthetic (and all your aesthetics tbh) is so pretty:wub:

I read in her bio that her parents divorced when she was seven, and I was wondering what her relationship with her mother is like now?

Asaiah Murphy

Serious-ish | Macaws Coach

OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Freya
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Cypress Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Congratulations Marijke :party:

Ana Sofia Burleigh

🌻 artistic 🌻 heta pres 🌻 sweet as honey

OOC First Name
Marijke
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Curved 12 Inch Flexible Alder Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Thanks guys :wub: :wub:

I read in her bio that her parents divorced when she was seven, and I was wondering what her relationship with her mother is like now?

It's still good! Between being at school for most of the year and her mom's busy agenda she doesn't see her a lot but she appreciates it and is glad to spend time with her mom when they do find a moment to share.

Wisteria Lacewing

"wish" 🍂 nervous little mouse

OOC First Name
Mika
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cedar Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Congrats Marijke!! Ana Sofia is a wonderful character! :party:

Users who are viewing this thread