Donna
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Hello my lovelies!!

It is once again that time of the month! The spotlight is when a particular character, as well as it's biography has stood out to site staff, and the work put in by the RPer we feel should be acknowledged. So that others may take inspiration from the way this particular character has been developed.

This month, join me in congratulating the character that has been selected is Ainslee Cormac, who is RPed by the wonderful Alex! If you have a moment, do take the time to read through her biography and development!

As per usual, we asked Alex to answer a couple of questions for us,

What was your initial thought when you were contacted about being spotlighted? I actually got up from bed at 6 am in the morning and I thought I was in trouble. But once my brain function a little even without coffee, I was ecstatic. Delighted to be spotlighted.
What was the inspiration for your character? That award has to go to Kate Middleton. She's sophisticated and yet she has flaws.
What is your favourite RP that your character has taken part in? Ooohhh, there's so many but I would say when Ainslee and Arnoud went to their first date at the zoo (Welcome to the Jungle)... never know they end up together
What is your favourite aspect of your character? She's fierce. She fights back to protect her family whether from scrutiny or people who take advancetage of them.
Your least favourite aspect? Ainslee being a power hugger is my least favourite because she uses their family money to get what she wanted (i.e bribe Teagan's mum to go away :r)
If you could meet your character in real life would you want to? Why or why not? I would love to but with her status and everything, could I even have a second to talk to her? I bet I can't :p
What do you feel your strength in developing characters is? Pre-planning. I jot down everything in paper (Yes, paper. I still use them). I have this OCD tendencies that if I don't write it somewhere, I'll forget about it.
Your weakness? Making too much characters, specially family characters. I tend to focus on one family only and I need to break that habit.
What would you recommend to those looking to further develop their characters? I'd say join open topics, they're so much fun and can gather random dramas :r and can make development easy.
What are you most looking forward to on HNZ in the next several months? HNZ's birthday werewolf. Yes, I will be vigilant this time :glare:
What is your favourite part of HNZ? Of course the people that I've known for 11 years. They're amazing and helpful. I can't find another site like this in the world wide web.
Congratulations again Alex!

Donna :donna:
~On behalf of the site staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
April's spotlight is on Ainslee Cormac who is role-played by Alex. We hope you'll join us in offering her congratulations and diving a little deeper into her character this month!

Xio Havoc

✨Harpist • Chronic Overthinker • AnXIOus ✨

OOC First Name
Ellie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Rosewood Wand 15 1/4" Hippogryff Feather
Congratulations Alex :party: I was just reading through Ainslee's biography and I love how it's written in first person. Definitely gives the bio a voice~ Ainslee seems really interesting, good job :D

Ainsley Lynch

🌼head in the clouds🌼6'3"🌼 🌼ollivanders asst🌼

OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Amber ) ( Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Congratulations Alex! You must have put a ton of work into Ainslee's family, that family tree is impressive!

Gabriel Rosenberg

Chaser | Short Temper | Competitive | Social

OOC First Name
Jamie
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Sara
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Sturdy Ash Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Congratulations Alex!

Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Is there anything that has happened for Ainslee that didn't happen quite how you planned/expected it to happen?

Nicole Fisk

🌸Just Your Average Witch🌸

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Have you found you approach adult aged characters like Ainslee differently to students in terms of development or plots?

Elliot Briar

American | Softie | Nervous™

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
To rephrase, do you think you've plotted or planned things for Ainslee differently than you would a character who's a student?

Nicolas King

"I am the hero who eats the lesser man..."

OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Is Ainslee's fear of blood something she's overcoming? Surely she encounters it somewhat often in the improper use of magic office - or does she have her underlings handle it? @Ainslee Cormac

Ainslee Cormac

House of Maxwell | Head of IUOM

OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Sturdy 14 inches Oakwood wand with Magaul feather core
What made you choose your playby?
I'm a fan of Jenna Coleman when she was as Clara on Doctor Who and I thought she's also perfect with the name 'Ainslee' but as the character grew up and Jenna seems to have that teenager face. I found her best match with Thea Owens, they have the same features but Thea has more of the adult features.

Ainslee Cormac

OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
To rephrase, do you think you've plotted or planned things for Ainslee differently than you would a character who's a student?
Yes, I do plan differently depending what age my character is. I think I plot more exclusively with my adults than with my students. I tend to plan ahead for them because they're not like the students who can experience more.

Ainslee Cormac

OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Is Ainslee's fear of blood something she's overcoming? Surely she encounters it somewhat often in the improper use of magic office - or does she have her underlings handle it? @Ainslee Cormac
She's kind of overcoming it, bit by bit but not totally. Adding that she had a miscarriage 2 IC years ago. Although if she comes across of it at work or field work, she just overcomes it but deep inside, she's screaming =))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)