OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Rigid Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The student lounge was on the same floor as the Hufflepuff common room and Scott enjoyed how close they were. He had just finished lunch in the Great Hall and had decided to take a pack of cards to the student lounge. Scott didn't know if wizards typically played card games, but he couldn't imagine it was too far off. He headed over to a table against the far wall of the lounge and sat down at one of the chairs. Pulling the deck of cards from his pocket, Scott turned it over in his hands a few times.

Looking around the lounge, Scott didn't spot anybody he knew. In fact, there was hardly anybody in the lounge at all today. He couldn't be too surprised considering how nice the weather was outside today. Removing the cards from the pack, he began to split the stack. After splitting it, he shuffled the card piles around in a strange pattern. Scott was never good at an actual card shuffle, it didn't seem to matter how many times his grandma showed him.

Issac was walking around Hogwarts, exploring anything we could find that was new to him and for him to do anything interesting. He had probably gone around in circles of the school ground because every few turns he went, everything looked the same as it did the last time. He decided that he was going to make his way to the student lounge, to see if there was anything entertaining for him to do. Once he got to the student lounge he noticed that there was someone already there. As he walked closer to the mysterious person, Issac recognised the person. "Hey, Scott!" Issac says with a smile and a wave. "Whatcha doing?" Issac says curiously, as he sat in a chair that was opposite Scott's.

Scott was surprised to see Issac but happy to have his company again. "Hi Issac," He smiled and spoke softly. "I brought a pack of cards. Thought somebody might like to play a game." Scott watched as Issac took a seat across from him and he wondered what he had been up to. "If you aren't busy, we could play a game if you'd like?" He knew quite a few card games, go fish was one of his favorites. I wonder what kind of games Issac knows.

Issac nods and smiles when Scott tells him that he bought a pack of cards. Issac liked playing games, though he wasn't really good at the card game department. "Sure!" Issac says with excitement and rubs his hands together excitedly. "I don't know many card games," Issac says with a shrug and some slight guilt lingering in the sentence. "Also just warning you, I'm not really great at card games either," Issac says with a slight laugh. He hopes that this card game experience could help him become better at card games.

Scott was happy that Issac seemed excited to play cards. He didn't mind teaching him how to play if he needed it. "What card games do you know?" He asked, continuing to shuffle the cards around on the table. Go-Fish felt more like a game for babies and Scott was worried that if he suggested it, Issac would think he was weird. "Do you know Last Card or War?" Scott asked scooping the cards back up into a single stack.

Issac smiles excitedly when Scott starts shuffling the cards. Issac thinks for a moment about what games he knew when Scott asked. But Issac's mind went blank. "Uh, well, my mind is blank at the moment, so I'll probably have to get back to you on that" Issac says, with a slightly embarrassed look. When Scott mentions the two options of the games, Issac shakes his head. "No, I don't know how to play either of those games," Issac says, with shrug. "But would you be able to teach me?" Issac says with a slight smile.

Scott nodded his head. "Yeah, I can teach you. It's pretty easy." He figured war would be an easier one to teach. "Let's start with War." Taking the freshly shuffled stack, he alternated placing a card in front of Issac and one in front of himself. Once the deck was evenly divided, he straightened his pile and set it directly in front of him. "Don't look at your cards, but keep them in a stack directly in front of you." Scott was kind of enjoying teaching Issac how to play, it made him happy. "Basically we take turns drawing cards and the person with the highest card takes both cards. The game finishes when one person has all the cards." Scott hoped he wasn't going too fast and that it all made sense. "It can go really quick or take a really long time depending on how the cards got sorted."

Issac nods understanding the game. This game seemed interesting and fun to play. "Ah okay, this looks fun and interesting," Issac says with an excited grin plastered on his face. "But, I have a question before we get started," Issac states with a questionable look. "What happens if we pull out the same card?" Issac says curiously. Issac thought that when he goes back home for the holidays, that he would be able to teach and play with his siblings this game.

Scott felt silly for leaving out that part, that was the most fun part! "If we both pull out the same card it means war. We each draw two cards and flip one of them over. The highest one gets all six cards." He loved when that happened. "If it's a draw again, we repeat it and winner takes all the cards." The most he has ever had was two rounds of war in one go. His grandma ended up winning which gave her twelve cards from the round. "Are you ready?"

Issac nods with understanding when Scott explains to him about what happens when they have the same card. "Ohh yes! I'm defiantly ready!" Issac says with excitement and some confidence. This was going to be an exciting but also challenging game for Issac.

Scott nodded to Issac as he placed his hand on top of the card, waiting for his friend to do the same. A thrill ran to his fingers and a smile spread across his face as he flipped the top card over on the tabletop. His eyes watched every movement of the card as he quickly read the card. "5 of hearts," Scott's smile fell a little bit. That's not a strong start. It was important in War to have a high card, of course, if Isaac's card was lower then it was still a win. His eyes went from his own card to Issac's in hopes of a lower card.

OOCOut of Character:
I used a random card generator, feel free to determine what Scott's card is for a few rounds if you need to for rp. Card Generator LinkIt's easier for me when I have a generator, so thought I would share

Issac smiles excitedly as they start the game. He places his hand onto the top of the card, as Scott does the same thing. Issac flips his card over as soon as Scott does as well. "four spades" Issac says aloud. He realised that he had a lower card. Issac smiles as Scott. "I guess you win these cards. Good job" Issac says with a smile. He hoped that he wins the one.

OOC: Thanks for the link! I just used it, and it's quite helpful! Thanks again! :)

Scott was surprised to see that Issac's card was only a four of spades. His eyes widen and he looked up at Issac's face. Quickly, he tried to hide his excitement because he didn't want his friend to feel like he was bragging. "It's really just the luck of the deck." Scott collected the two cards and placed them at the bottom of his stack. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. When you win cards, you put them at the bottom of the deck." He placed his hand on top of the deck, ready to draw the next card. "6" Scott declared as he revealed his next card which was a 6 of diamonds. Maybe I'll get lucky again. He started thinking about things they could talk about while they went back and forth. What's a good question to get to know a friend more?

Issac nods when he understands about the rule that Scott tells him. Issac smiles and places his hand on top of the deck again and sees that when Scott turned his card over, he had gotten six diamonds. Issac then turns his card over. "five diamonds" Issac says with a smile. He didn't mind that he was loosing, he was just happy that he got to play a game with his friend. "You win them again," Issac says with a smile and a thumbs up.

Scott was surprised that he won again with a low card, but added it to the bottom of the stack. He flipped over his next card to reveal 10 of hearts. "What's your favorite game to play?" Scott wanted to have a casual chat with his friend while they played. The next card he flipped over revealed a 5 of clubs. "My favorite board game is Chutes and Ladders. Go-Fish is probably my favorite card game."

"Oh, I love to play games. But my favourite board game would probably be Monopoly. And my favourite card game would probably be Uno" Issac says with a smile, as he replies to Scott's question. He flips the next card that his on top of his deck, and reveals to be six spades. "My sister and I play Uno a lot when we're free," Issac says with a smile. Issac then flips another card to reveal seven hearts. "Those are an interesting choice of games. Chutes And Ladders is a fun game to play." Issac says with a smile and nod. "I heard that go-fish is fun, I have never played it before," Issac says with a shrug and slight smile.

"I've only played Uno once. I don't have any Uno cards though." Scott said with a frown, as he continued to draw a card from the stack and wait for the winner to take the cards. "Go-fish is pretty easy. We can play sometime if you want to." He said, perking up a bit. The next card he drew was a 3 of diamonds and he scrunched his nose before looking at Issac's card.

"Uno is pretty fun. I bought my own stack. Maybe we can play it sometime if you want?" Issac says excitedly and a big smile. "Oh, heck yeah! We can so play it sometime" Issac says with as he jumps out of seat slightly with some excitement. He lets out a quiet sorry for being too excited and blushes slightly from embarrassment. Issac then turns his card over, revealing six clubs.

Scott nodded. "I'd love to play Uno with you sometime. You'll probably have to remind me of the rules." He shrugged as he continued to play their card game. Scott smiled wide when he saw his friend's excitement for Go-Fish. That made him happy. "Are there wizard card games?" He asked his friend, realizing he didn't know much about the games wizards played. It was time he learned, especially since he was a wizard.

Issac nods excitedly when Scott says that he would like to play Uno sometime. He did miss playing it, he never really had time to play it. Issac shrugs. "I don't know to be honest with you. I'd probably have to ask my dad and get back to you on that sometime" Issac says with a smile. "And if there is, maybe we could play it sometime if you want?" Issac says with a smile as he looks around the room, as he tries to think of a question to ask. "Is there anything else you like to do in your spare time? Or anything that you're into at the moment?" Issac says with a small smile.

Scott liked learning more about wizard customs, it helped him feel like he belonged. He was struggling to find himself when he didn't feel like he belonged with other wizards and he didn't feel like he belongs with the rest of the non-magical friends he grew up with. Nodding, Scott hoped he would get to discover a new game soon and learn how to play. "I love astronomy. I like making charts and studying the stars. I spend a lot of time looking at celestial events. I can't wait to take that class next summer." He wasn't sure how astronomy affected magic, but the non-magical side always interested him. "What do you like to do?"

Issac nods. "Astronomy is cool. My mum loves it. She always talks about the starts and planets all the time." Issac says with a big smile. He thought for a moment when Scott asked him about what he liked to do. "Hmm, I love Quidditch. So I try and play small games of it at home with my older brother, and read and research about the sport as much as I can. I also like to read when I have the chance too" Issac says with a small smile.

Scott listened as Issac talked. He wondered if Issac's mom worked in Astronomy, but he couldn't remember if that was something they already talked about. His cheeks flushed red at the mention of quidditch as Scott remembered his struggles with the broom in Flying class. "I don't know if I'll ever try to play quidditch." He was pretty sure everyone in the whole school was aware of how scared he is with flying class. "I like it better on the ground anyway," Scott said with a nervous laugh, turning over his next card to reveal an 8 of hearts.

Issac lets out a small smile. "It's alright if you don't want to play Quidditch, its understandable" Issac says with a smile and shrug. His sister wasn't much of sporty person and just like to fly on the broom sometimes even though she didn't like heights that much. Issac then turned his top card on the deck, revealing two hearts. "Are there any fears you have? Or anything you dislike?" Issac questions. He thought that maybe this was an interesting question to ask and might help him to learn more about Scott.

Scott collected the cards he won and paused to think. "I'm scared of heights," He said with a laugh. "And big birds. Also, bees. I know they are important, but I don't want them near me." The boy opened up to his friend about his fears. He turned over the next card to reveal a nine of diamonds. "My mom got stung by a bee once. We were all out in the garden and I guess she startled a bee." Scott recalled the rapid swelling and trip to the doctor's office. He shuddered at the thought. "What about you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back