OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Yew Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
With the ceremony over, Jerara could feel the eyes of people glancing towards him. He’d certainly made quite a splash in finishing his time at hogwarts, he hadn’t actually planned to write a speech like that, but it had been what he’d ended up writing. Whenever he’d tried to write something like October had, or like any of his predecessors had, it had felt wrong and boring. He had worked to achieve the position he’d been but he had worked because he liked learning, he liked reading, he liked finding out about things. He didn’t think the world was as black and white as the professor had said it would be. He didn’t think it was right to completely prevent them from accessing all branches of magic, he didn’t think it was right for them to be prevented from even reading about certain branches of magic. So, in the end he had decided to say exactly what he thought, come what may. He had had the reaction he’d expected, and knew that people wouldn’t easily forget his speech. Perhaps they should’ve gone for Tristan in the end. Speaking of which, Jerara spotted the other boy and walked over, a clear smirk on his face, ”Hey, congrats on graduating,” he said with a little smile. ”What did you think of my speech? I worked really hard to make it memorable,” Jerara joked with a little smirk, he had just known it would be the only time he’d have that much attention on him, and the attention of so many people, of important people.
This is open after Daphne replies with Tristan.

Knowing that his time at Hogwarts was coming to an end was making Tristan feel light and happy. He felt much better than he had these past few weeks, and had only looked at Vivian a few times, out of the corner of his eye. He wasn't over Vivian, that much was clear to him, but he knew he would be once he started to live his own life in the real world. There would be other people to distract him, and before long he would have forgotten about Vivian at all. At least, that was what he clung to. The shock of the ceremony had been Jerara's speech, which made Tristan smile as he passed a few people who were discussing it. His smile widened when the boy in question approached him, and he gave him a pat on the shoulder once he was near. "Congrats on graduating and then shocking the entire room." He said in return. "Including the minister, did you consider that when you wrote the speech?" He was almost laughing as he asked the question, still elated by the surprising speech the boy had given. "I think it's going to be very memorable. Good job making yourself immortal at Hogwarts." He glanced at nearby professors. "I think you probably shouldn't apply for a job here anytime soon, though." He joked lightly.

Jerara shrugged at comment, he had shocked pretty much all of the room, if the scattered applause had been anything to go off of. People had certainly been unsure of how to react to what he had said. He hoped that some people would’ve agreed with him, that some would’ve really heard what he’d said. Jerara just gave a smile when his friend pat him on the shoulder and couldn’t help the slight smirk on his face, ”I thought they might be, what with Rose Holland graduating. Seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up really,” Jerara smirked a little, ”Plus, everyone just said to speak from the heart, so I did,” he laughed lightly when he spoke. He didn’t know if he would be immortal but perhaps it would remembered for a little. He could see the professors attempting to brush it under the rug. Jerara’s gaze followed Tristan’s to where a few professors stood nearby, ”Yeah, I don’t think they’d let me back here ever,” he commented with a little laugh. He had never been interested in teaching, and certainly not at this school. There was still plenty for him to learn and to do, there were so many things that he wanted to be able to do. Teaching was such a dead end, where in his mind you had so little freedom and had to look after kids. ”I still don’t know what I want to do with my life, but I know I’d never want to teach,” Jerara replied with a light shrug. Perhaps burning bridges at the school wasn’t the smartest choice, but he didn’t care much.

Despite the fact that Leda had never witnessed a Head Boy (or girl) speech before, she couldn’t remember ever being recalled one of the spectacles. Therefore it safe to assume that they had probably been pretty boring and unmemorable. The fifth year had been surprised however when she saw Jerara give his own version of events, and according to the reactions of the students around her, so was everyone else. To hear someone admit what they really thought of Hogwarts in that manner was a rarity, and the Slytherin had hoped to asked him a few questions before he left the school for good.

As a student on the newspaper committee, and one that loved writing her own stories, Leda was never found around the school without a notebook in her bag. She’s pulled it out on this occasion to make notes on what she’d seen, but as the crowds were dying down she spotted the Head Boy talking to one of the prefects in the same year. Eager to know more about what was happening and to listen in to see if Jerara had motives behind his speech, the red head edged her way closer, not bothering to hide the fact she was writing down notes as they spoke, as she waited for a good time to get a question in edgeways.

Last edited:
Tristan smiled, shaking his head at Jerara. "I can't believe you did that." He said, another small laugh escaping him. "You have guts, I have to admit." He felt a new fondness for his friend, and a new admiration too. "I think a job at the ministry may be tricky too now, but I don't think you're the type for that anyway, are you?" Tristan himself would have given the best speech of his life, knowing the minister of magic was in the crowd. But he and Jerara were fundamentally very different people. Tristan was a little incredulous when Jerara said he didn't know what to do with his life, but knew better than to comment on it. Someone as brilliant as Jerara could do so much, but their ideas on what was important for their future was very different. Tristan suddenly noticed someone nearby, and frowned as he realized it was a younger girl, a prefect, moving closer to them while taking notes. "Sorry, what are you doing?" He asked her with a disapproving frown. "We're having a private conversation here." It wasn't like anything specifically private was being said, but the idea of being spied on wasn't fun.

Jerara smiled slightly at Tristan’s laugh. He had known it wasn’t a normal speech that he was perhaps risking quite a lot by saying what he had said, but Jerara also thought there was little they could do to him. It wasn’t like they could expel him from the school or break his wand, that would’ve half been proving his point. He couldn’t help but laugh lightly at his comment about the ministry, ”A bureaucratic life might be for you but it certainly isn’t for me,” he joked lightly, knowing that Tristan was likely looking to start working at the ministry in some position he’d selected some years ago. He knew that was what his friend wanted to do and he respected that. ”I have a job and some books to read, all I need is a place to stay and I’ll be just fine,” he said with a shrug, knowing that Tristan might not get him having no plans for the future, no solid plans but knowing that for a little while he’d be happy to just work and read. Not stress about deadlines, about exams or about if he was even revising for the right thing. The head boy followed Tristan’s gaze and spotted a younger student, one of the prefects who definitely seemed to be listening to what they were saying, ”It’s okay Tristan, I’ll answer any questions she’s got,” Jerara looked towards the girl unsure if she would opt to actually ask any questions now that she had the opportunity to or if she had just been looking to eavesdrop. Get some gossip where there definitely wasn’t any.

Leda was fascinated, listening to their discussion and making all the notes she could. She’d work out what they actually meant later on but right now she just needed information. While she was writing, she held a small red lolly in one hand, that she’d been saving for a sugar rush at some point, and was now trying to balance this between her fingers as she scrawled. She was vaguely aware that she’d been cotton onto though when she was asked what she was doing. She looked up as Tristan told her they were having a private conversation, “No you’re not,” She chirped back quickly, sticking the lolly in her mouth to glance back to her parchment and make a few more notes. If they were having a private chat they wouldn’t be doing it in the middle of the Great Hall where everyone could hear them if they were paying attention.

She grinned through her treat at the Head Boy, not expecting him to be available for questions there and then. She had a few points she definitely wanted to cover, so jumped straight to the point as she pulled out the sweet, blanking Tristan out the picture entirely. “Obviously you’ve got some strong opinions about the school. If it’s so pointless, what would make it useful? Do you think the ministry will work on improving it after a speech like that? Especially after the Minister was in the audience. Do you have any tips for anyone else who agrees with you? What about the next Head Boy after you? Do you think people will remember what you said?” She asked hurriedly, sticking the lolly back in her mouth once more to give her full hand it’s strength to write down every single word he said.

Tristan sighed a bit as Jerara said the bureaucratic life wasn't for him. He smiled slightly. "Good. No longer my competition, then." He said, only half joking. It was somewhat of a relief that he wouldn't have to compete with Jerara in his future career. Jerara always seemed to be just slightly ahead of him. Tristan scoffed. "You're not seriously going to keep working in a sweet shop?" He asked his friend. "You're brilliant, that's such a waste." He shook his head. Jerara really didn't know what to do with his potential. He sighed as the other boy indulged the annoying girl, and couldn't quite help mocking the situation a bit. "Look at you, already famous. Or infamous. There's even press here." He said, giving the girl a dismissive glance. "Wannabe press, anyway." He muttered, rolling his eyes and looking away. The girl's questions were pretty dumb, and he hoped she would leave soon so they could keep talking.

Jerara was sure even if he had ended up deciding to work for the ministry that he wouldn’t want to work in the same department as Tristan, Jerara just didn’t want to go into a ministry job then. Maybe down the line, but there at the beginning of his career definitely not. He shrugged a little at the comment and gave a little smile, ”Wow, you think I’m brilliant?” was the part that he held on to, ”I don’t really know, I think I just need time to think about next steps uninfluenced by this place,” he wouldn’t mind continuing to work for the sweet shop at least for a little longer. His attention was stolen by the girl and he couldn’t help the little smirk at Tristian’s comments about the girl, wannabe press. He listened to her questions nodding along slightly. ”The ministry will do nothing, as it always does. It won’t ever matter whose in power our education will always be the same,” the head boy told her with a little roll of his eyes as if it was obvious, ”For people who agree with me, I’d suggest read, read and follow every line of thought you have and don’t believe everything your professors tell you,” He looked a little towards Tristan as he spoke before glancing back at the girl. ”Yes it will be remembered, if I were wrong, the head mistress wouldn’t have jumped in like she did and it would’ve been forgotten as the ramblings of a crazy teenager who spends too much time reading conspiracy theories But, I’m right and you saw the reaction it got,” Jerara concluded with a little smirk still ever present. ”Is that all? I was still celebrating my graduation with my friend,”

Leda ignored Tristan when he called her wannabe press. She was an actual journalist regardless of whether she was writing for the Hogwarts Monthly or the Daily Prophet. She was here for information and that was what she was going to get. She was glad that the Head Boy decided to talk, and she didn’t let any answer escape her notebook. This was certainly going to help her, and it was going to make an interesting article this year. Tristan was probably just jealous he wasn’t getting written about, though maybe if he ever said or did anything worth discussing then he would have been, but after seven years it wasn’t like he stood out as a star student. “Thanks,” Leda nodded. She had what she needed, and deciding to leave them to enjoy their last time together, she would see who else she could talk to. “Good luck and have fun with your.. friend,” she said to Jerara, before turning and heading off elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back