OOC First Name
Lovi
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Blackthorn Wand 15 1/4" Unicorn Hair Core
Jatin Tiwari was quite ready for this school year to be over. He wanted to be a second year! Then, he could try out for Quidditch, which was his dream. He walked to the Student Lounge and looked around quickly. He didn't notice anyone but Mervyn, which was nice! Jatin ran over and jumped on the sitting prefect's back as greeting. "Mervyn! Let's hang out! What are you doing?"

Mervyn was transcribing some History notes when he heard the door open. He didn't look up at first; it probably wasn't anybody he knew. Then all of a sudden a great force from behind caused his quill to shoot across the page, slashing a big line through almost everything he'd just written. "Umm... studyin'?" he told the small boy, though he couldn't help but smile. "'Choo after?"

Jatin paid no mind to the mess he had made of Mervyn’s notes because it frankly did not matter. “Choo after?” He asked curiously but it took a moment for Jatin to understand what the prefect had said. “I just want to hang out. Play or something. I’m done studying!” he told Mervyn. Jatin had in fact not studied, but the boy didn’t need to tell the prefect that. “Want to play tag? Or hide and seek?”

Last edited:
Mervyn considered himself way too old for games like tag and hide and seek. Then again, his neck hurt from hunching over the table for so long, and he probably deserved a break. "Awright, you're on," he said, glancing around. They were the only two in the room. After a moment's hesitation he struck out his arm, yelled, "Tag!" and launched himself over the table.

It was rare that the student lounge was near empty. This was a hub for students! However this way he could spend quality time with the prefect. When Mervyn tagged him he automatically began to chase after the prefect. “No fair! Your legs are too long!” he complained

"That's cos I'm older," Mervyn pointed out helpfully, watching the boy to see which way he was going to run. Then he took off down the aisle between two rows of tables, hurdling over a stray cat in his path.

Jatin jumped onto the tables, jumping from one table to another to keep up with Mervyn. Then the boy jumped from the table onto Mervyn's back, the two falling roughly to the floor. "Got you!" he exclaimed, not thinking to make sure that the prefect was alright. The boy quickly stood up and ran away towards the fireplace.

"Oof," said Mervyn as he hit the stone floor, his hands and knees taking most of the impact. "You're bloody 'eavy, mate." It took him several seconds to peel himself off the floor and brush himself down, by which time Jatin was long gone and Mervyn's knees were hurting. "I'm too old for this," he grumbled. "You win, I reckon. I surrender. Can't we do summink less tirin'? There's loads'a games wot you can play on paper. Noughts 'n' crosses, or 'angman, innit?"

Jatin turned around and saw that Mervyn was not chasing after him, which made the boy frown. However when the boy suggested some other games Jatin ran over to the prefect. "Let's play hangman! But with spells! So the word has to be a spell incantation!" he suggested. It seemed fun to him, even though he did not know very many spells. He hoped it would be an opportunity to learn some cool ones!

"Aw, that'll be easy." Mervyn hesitated. "For me, anyway. Wot about magical plants 'n' fings as well? Or 'istorical people?" He sat back down at the table and ripped a fresh sheet of paper from his book. "Awright, this one's easy. It's a spell," he said, sticking his tongue out in concentration as he drew several lines across the page.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

+------+
|------
|-----
|------
|
|
+-------+

Jatin shook his head. He wanted to do spells. He wasn't doing well in many of his other classes, which was frustrating for him. But, he was not going to think about that. He took a seat and moved closer to Mervyn so that he could see the paper. He looked at how many lines there were, and took a minute to think. He decided to start simple. "A. There has to be an "a"!" he exclaimed, poking the prefect's cheek after making his guess. Mervyn was so adorable, and Jatin loved it!

Mervyn leaned away from the boy's finger, giving him a look that seemed to question his sanity. He counted the lines and wrote A on the second to last space. "Told you, s'easy," he said. "Gimme anuver."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ A _

+------+
|------
|-----
|------
|
|
+-------+

Jatin giggles at Mervyn’s reaction. He was much like Hilton when it came to boundaries. He did not have very many. Jatin had so many options to chose from! 25 more options he believed? “Is there an I?” he asked softly.

"Oi, you ain't supposed to keep gettin' it right," Mervyn said, tutting. He added two I's and waited for the boy to guess it immediately.

_ _ _ _ _ I _ I A _

+------+
|------
|-----
|------
|
|
+-------+

Jatin tolled his eyes at Mervyn. “I’m smart, so I’m gonna keep getting it right!” He told the prefect. “Hmm...how about a T?” He guessed

Mervyn sighed and added the T. "It's obvious now," he grumbled.

_ _ _ _ _ I T I A _

+------+
|------
|-----
|------
|
|
+-------+

Jatin looked at the words on the paper, and he shook his head. It was not obvious, and now he felt stupid. He pushed the paper to the ground and stood up pouting. "I don't wanna play anymore! This game is stupid!" he pouted sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back