Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Swishy Ash Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Tristan had really enjoyed the previous dance, and now hoped that this one would be even better. He would once again be going with October Alcott, one of the prettiest girls in their year. The boy had a plan for tonight. He didn't just want to be her date for the night, he wanted them to be together. He planned to ask her now, and hopefully she would say yes. The boy was waiting for his date by the entrance to the Great Hall, holding a red rose. He had sent her a pink one through the deliveries, but he hoped that giving her a red one in person would be a romantic way to ask her to be his girlfriend. He had, of course, sent Vivian a red one too. But as usual, he hadn't signed it with his name. So far, things were going well. This wasn't going to be a repeat of the Kauri incident. He scanned the entrance hall for any sign of October. He had no doubt that she would look as beautiful as ever tonight.

October had been shocked when Tristan invited her to the Yule Ball, but even after the lovely night, she hadn't been sure if he would want to go out with her again. Part of October still felt like this couldn't be happening to her, surely Tristan was just... being friendly and she was misunderstanding, but the pink rose he had sent had been fairly definitive, and this was really happening. October had worn the tallest shoes she owned, trusting her own ability to dance in them, in the hopes that it would be a little easier to look Tristan in the eye tonight. She wanted everything to be perfect. Making her way towards the Great Hall she spotted Tristan at once, smiling brightly in greeting. "Hi!" October said happily as she met him, unable to wipe the excited grin from her face. The red rose in his hands made her heart skip a beat. Was Tristan going to give it to her?

Once Tristan noticed October approach, a grin spread over his face that he couldn't stop. She looked amazing in a pink dress, definitely even more gorgeous than she had looked last time. Tristan was sure other guys would be envious of him with her by his side, and that thought only made his smile widen. Her shoes made her a bit taller, which he liked, and he held out his free hand for her when she approached. "You look stunning." He told her quietly. "It's really amazing how you manage to outdo yourself each time." He took her hand and pulled her a bit closer to him, his expression growing more serious. "I have something for you, and a question to ask you." He glanced down at the red rose in his hands. It was, perhaps, a bit mean to use the red rose Vivian had sent him for this purpose, but it wasn't like he had any others lying around. "I sent you a pink rose to ask you to the dance, and now I would like to give you this red one when I ask you to be my girlfriend." He met her gaze, letting some of his real nerves show in his expression. He knew some vulnerability would go a long way here.

Seeing the smile on Tristan's face at the sight of her, October couldn't help but smile brighter. He looked genuinely pleased to see her, and it was a nice feeling, having someone look at her that way. She took Tristan's hand as soon as he offered it, heart bursting with excitement. His compliments set her aflutter and October took a nervous breath to gather herself. "Thank you. You look very handsome as well." She said with a bright grin, not wanting her nerves to get in the way of her manners. When Tristan pulled her closer her eyes widened and October looked at him nervously. Was he going to kiss her? Just like that? But he spoke instead and October listened nervously, heart fluttering in her chest. The mystery of the red rose cleared itself up at once, but October had to pause for a moment to be sure she had really understood his question. As it started to sink in October nodded quickly, a bright smile splitting her face. "I would like that very much." She said quickly, free hand trembling slightly as she took the rose. From Tristan, her boyfriend. October didn't think she would ever be able to stop smiling.

Tristan was glad October's younger stepsister hadn't managed to poison her against him. The girl just happened to be Kauri's best friend, which was really inconvenient. Judging by the angry looks she gave him, she knew something, but whatever it was didn't seem to have made its way to October's ears. Not in any believable way, at least. He smiled at her as she complimented his appearance, pleased she noticed the effort he put into his appearance for tonight. His heart was beating quickly as he waited for her to answer his question. He had wanted a grand gesture, which was why he had decided to ask her here. But the way Ares had rejected him at the Hufflepuff table was still fresh in his mind, and he didn't want to face another public rejection. Thankfully, taking the risk paid off. His smile grew into a wide grin as she said yes. "That makes me so happy. I'm the luckiest guy in our year." He told her, leaning in to kiss her. This felt like a victory, and he couldn't wait until other people heard they were now dating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back