Donna
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
-Open after Claire posts-

Emmy was right, she had barely slept a wink. There was so much going through her mind, so much excitement and energy, and even though she was so tired, her eyes would just not stay closed. She ended up sneaking into the Common Room, and spent ages staring out the windows at the stars and towards the Forest, before finally dozing off for an hour or so on the couch by the fire. She was awoken abruptly by some students coming down, ready for breakfast. Emmy went back to her room and got changed, splashing some water on her face and wondering if she was too young to start drinking coffee.
Emmy had moved slowly towards the Great Hall for breakfast, and with a quick glance around the Hall, she deducted that Malachi wasn't there yet. The new Gryffindor leaned against the wall, briefly shutting her eyes, waiting for Malachi to come up for breakfast.

Malachi woke at seven, feeling as if he'd never been asleep at all. He could quite easily have closed his eyes and slept for another twelve hours, but the excitement of the morning ahead called to him. First, breakfast. He swung out of bed, got changed, and headed out of the common room, following the stream of students and trusting that they knew the way better than he did. There was a trick stair somewhere he had to look out for - he could tell the fear of plummeting a hundred feet to his death was going to be a constant one - but he made it to the ground floor without incident.

"Emmy!" he said, grinning as he broke away from his housemates to join her. "Do you want to sit with me? Actually, I don't know if we're allowed to sit at each other's tables... Should we ask?"

Emmy's eyes flew open at the sound of her name, and her face split into a grin when she saw Malachi. She nodded her head when he asked if she wanted to sit with him, having planned to do exactly that, before pausing when he said he didn't know if they were allowed. Emmy looked around the Hall, unsure why they wouldn't be allowed, but she hoped it wasn't true. She loved the girls she had met the night before, but Malachi was her best friend and she wanted to have breakfast with him. "Okay...but who?" She asked, looking back at him.

Even though Wendall was a second year now, he still considered him one of the youngest students in the school. There had been a few fresh batch of Huffepuffs in the common room but none of them were especially smaller than him. When it was time for breakfast, Wendall was dressed in a grey jumper with two red stripes across it, collar of his red shirt poking out over the edge, and some warm trousers and comfy shoes. The bump on his forehead had grown into more of a bruise overnight, and he’d tried to style his hair to cover it up. He didn’t want those who hadn’t seen the incident to know he’d had yet another accident. He made his way down to the Great Hall with the horde of his own house, some new fresh faces within them. Just as the reached the door, he overheard one of the new boys questioning whether they were allowed to sit wherever they wanted. “Hi,” he moved over to the two students, thinking they absolutely must have been new. Lysander has known about the school, but when he’d explored with Ade and Chase, they hadn’t really known what they were doing either, “You can sit wherever you want to, even with another house. It’s only at things like the start and end of year feasts that we have to sit with our houses,” he smiled at him. His smile disappeared quickly though as he realised he might have scared them by being nosey and interrupting them. “I just mean, I heard what you were asking..”

Malachi glanced around. Would one of the older students know? He didn't really want to approach a professor; he didn't even know any of them by name yet, except for the headmistress and his head of house. Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by a boy who had apparently overheard their conversation. "Oh! OK. Cool. You can sit with us too! If you want," he said, mistakenly thinking the boy was a fellow first year.

Emmy's head turned to the new voice that joined them, smiling as he answered their question for them, wondering how he knew that already. Perhaps he had asked someone else already! She nodded her head enthusiastically when Malachi invited the boy to sit with them. "Yeah! I'm Emmy and this is Malachi, he's my best friend but I'm in Gryffindor. It's good that we get to sit with each other though, should we sit at the Hufflepuff table?" Emmy asked, excited, her tiredness quickly forgotten on the thought of friends and food.

Wendall smiled as the first years seemed satisfied with his answer. He liked to help people where he could and if it helped them get to grips with the school a little smoother then that would be good. The boy nodded, listening as Emmy introduced them to him. “Nice to meet you. My name is Wendall Layton.” He put two and two together that Emmy had suggested sitting at the Hufflepuff table because that was the house Malachi was in. “Sure, I’m in Hufflepuff too. My best friend is in Gryffindor though, so I sort of know how you feel” he gave them both a reassuring grin before moving out the way so that they could move into the hall. “Have you explored the castle yet?” He asked, wondering if they knew all the places were allowed to go.

Malachi smiled shyly. Best friend. He was so lucky to have Emmy, in more ways than one. He didn't like to think about how slim the chances were of them meeting at primary school. "Is that OK?" he asked, secretly relieved Emmy had suggested the Hufflepuff table. Hanging out with a bunch of Gryffindors he didn't know sounded terrifying. "Nice to meet you. I am Malachi. Oh, she just said that, didn't she?" Ducking his head, he started heading into the hall. "No, have you? I went to bed straight away. I want to go down to the dungeons, though."

Rai couldn't believe he was actually at Hogwarts, he'd begged his mother not to make him come, but, though she didn't say it, it was obvious that she wanted to get rid of the kids so she could have some time to herself in her retirement. The very thought made Rai's eyes roll back into his head. He honestly disliked his mother, he much preferred spending time with his biological father anyway, being snuck over to the house had always been a bit of fun for the triplets. Of course Roxas was always such a little b*tch about such things, he and Riku generally had to drag him to break a rule. When he'd walked into he Great Hall, he hadn't been expecting to see a small group of kids already around, especially since they were from different houses, well, one of them was, and one of them asking about sitting at different house tables, well, that had to be correct, right, he couldn't imagine not sitting with his siblings for the remainder of his schooling, even if Riku was in the same house, Roxas and Sawyer were not, he couldn't just accept that. "The Dungeons aren't all they're cracked up to be." He said as he headed over, overhearing what the Hufflepuff boy had said. There was another one too, but he looked a bit older. "Congregating already, are we? It's not even lunch."

Emmy grinned as the boy introduced himself, giggling when Malachi introduced himself again. She nodded her head when Malachi asked if it was okay for them to sit at the Hufflepuff table, it made sense seeing as Wendall also was in Hufflepuff. She wanted to ask who his best friend was, wondering if it was one of the girl's in her dorm from the previous night, but she didn't ask as Wendall changed the conversation. She was surprised to hear that Kai went to bed straight away, she thoroughly enjoyed staying up all night chatting, even though there were times where the other girls slept and she was awake. Emmy didn't understand how anyone wasn't too excited to sleep! The blonde nodded her head in agreement, the Dungeons sounded like a fun place to explore, but before she could add in the Forest, another voice joined them. "But it is breakfast." Emmy said with a grin, facing the new boy. "What's wrong with the Dungeons?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back