Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah was sprawled out on a rock with a book in her hand. She could feel the cool rock on her stomach where her stomach was free from her crop top. She was definitely enjoying The Outsiders more than the last classic she read. She felt bad for Ponyboy and at the same time felt a strange connection to the protagonist of Hinton's novel. She looked around to see if Aisa was anywhere and after she didn't see the Gryffindor, she went back to reading her book. She was excited to be hanging out with the girl outside of them officially meeting in the corridor. There were very few reasons Adorah liked to leave her dorm and actually hang out with people on her own terms, and this was a time where she was excited to see somebody outside of Samantha or Elliot. She crossed her ankles in the air as she continued the chapter she was on.

Aisa felt a little strange about Adorah, but not in a bad way. She hadn't ever really had friends, besides Sully who had sort of just stayed around and persisted, but she was starting to feel like she wanted to be friends with the Ravenclaw. She was sweet, calm, but also fun to talk to. Aisa had found herself looking forward to meeting up with her, and headed out to the lake where they had agreed to meet up. She spotted Adorah from a small distance, noticing how nice she looked. Aisa felt strangely she as she walked up, and hoped the girl didn't mind her interrupting her reading time. "Hey... good book?" She asked her, taking her bag off her shoulder and placing it on the ground.

Adorah looked up, blocking the sun from her face, as she noticed Aisa above her. She smiled and pushed herself into a seated position. She shrugged and tried to downplay how much she was enjoying it. "It's good. Definitely better so far than the other one. There's definitely more going on in this one," she said. She patted the rock beside her in hopes Aisa would take a seat as she looked out over the lake. Suddenly, she remembered something she was keeping for Aisa in her purse. "Oh!" she exclaimed as she pulled a copy of Pride and Prejudice out her bag. "Like I said, not my favorite, but I did say you could borrow it," she remarked as she held the book out to the girl.

Aisa smiled a little. "It did sound a little boring when you explained the other one was mostly about marriage." She told her, taking a seat on the rock as well. But her smile grew when the Ravenclaw handed her the book. She hadn't expected her to anymore, after saying she hadn't enjoyed it. Aisa took the book, looking at the cover before meeting Adorah's eyes. "Thank you. I'll at least give it a go." She told her. "Maybe we could sit here and read for a little while?" It sounded nice to AIsa, she just hoped Adorah would agree.

Adorah hoped Aisa would enjoy the book, but she knew not everyone was a reader or willing to read half suggested literature. She looked at the Gryffindor as their eyes met and couldn't help but smile. She quickly took her hand from the book and rubbed her arm before looking back out over the lake. She gave a small laugh when Aisa suggested they just sit quietly and read. "I would like that. Do you want me to read you some of this book?" she asked, holding up The Outsiders. She wasn't sure if that's what the girl meant. "Or we can just read quietly," Adorah responded quickly. She was trying not to let her anxiety show. It had been worse than usual lately. She wasn't sure why.

Aisa hadn't expected Adorah to suggest reading out loud a bit from her book, and she stared at the girl for a moment. That hadn't been what she meant, but to her surprise she thought she would really like that. She could tell Adorah was maybe a little nervous about the suggestion, and for some reason, Aisa felt nervous too. She shook her head quickly. "I would like that." She assured the girl. "I'd be curious to hear a bit about that book too. And... it sounds like it could be nice. Uh, peaceful." She said, uncharacteristically awkward. "With exam stress, and all that." She added, gesturing vaguely with her hand. "I'd... like to listen." She finally said.

Adorah felt a release when Aisa actually agreed to her reading to her. She understood the exam stress, but she figured most other students wouldn't want to have a random person read a book to them that they could so easily read themselves. She gave Aisa a smile. She sat back down on the rock near and scooted under a shady area, opening up The Outsiders to the first page. "I can start from the beginning if you'd like - since I'm not that far in," she said slightly anxious. She looked up at Aisa and felt her fingers starting to tap the book involuntarily.

Aisa watched Adorah find a comfortable spot in the shade, then took a seat next to her after hesitating for a moment. She nodded hesitantly, then smiled a little nervously. "Sure, if you don't mind." She said, tucking some hair behind her ear and fidgeting with it a bit. "That would be nice." She said, wondering why she was feeling so nervous around this girl. She really hoped Adorah didn't find her weird or awkward, and normally she never really cared what anyone thought of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back