OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
The flu managed to wreck havoc all through the school. It was absolutely terrible, since Lachlan Grimrar managed to catch everything that others had. It might have been to his background, since his family was a disgrace in the wizarding world. It was a disgusting family, but even in that family, they seemed to hate him since he was a Hufflepuff and not in Slytherin. They even spat on his prefect badge, bashing the house but at least giving him meals and nods of approval for his grades. Lachlan could not wait to move away. He was owling his uncle Thanatos so that one day, he could go live near him. Thanatos might be private, but he seemed more willing to lend a hand to Lachlan, since Lachlan really needed some help to get away from the United Kingdom. Lachlan placed his handkerchief to his mouth as he started to cough on the way to the Great Hall for something to eat. He just hoped that they had some soup! His nose was red as much as he blew it. Whoever knew that a nose could produce so much mucus so quickly! As Lachlan started a coughing fit, he somehow missed the door entirely, and walked smack into the wall. He tumbled to the ground, with a bloody nose. Lachlan groaned as he saw the blood dripping. He placed his cloth to his nose to try to hold it from going anywhere. Wow, this was just not his lucky day.

Ember was reading through Onyx's latest letter- apparently, he'd been an idiot. She'd never gotten sick easily, so the flu that was running around school didn't affect her. It might be her usual lack of contact with other people, but that didn't stop her mother from sending her a care package. She had Vicks vapor rub, cold meds, and an assortment of crackers and tissues in her bag. She appreciated her mom's concern but she thought it was pointless. She slipped Onyx's letter into her bag just in time to see the Hufflepuff prefect run straight into a wall.

Rolling her eyes, she walked over and pulled the boy up. "Walk much?" She asked, pulling tissues from her bag and wiping the blood from his face. Maybe her mom's package hadn't been that bad after all. She grimaced at all the snot on his face. "Okay, take this." She took the Dayquill from her bag and handed it to him. "It's muggle meds, but get over it. It'll help. These are the ones that won't make you sleepy." She offered him a humorless smile. She produced the tissues from her bag and pressed them into the boy's hand.

Without another word, she began walking away. That went well... she thought. She didn't really pay a lot of attention.

Ella was now fairly settled at Hogwarts, though she still didn't really feel like she connected to any of her classmates. But that wasn't very different than Durmstrang had been, so at least there was no loss there. She still felt conflicted about her grandfather's death, which had caused her to now be living with her sister. Josephine was nice, but she was also very busy and Ella didn't want to bother her. She also said things that didn't agree with what their grandfather had said about blood purity, which caused her to get confused about what was right and what wasn't. It was something she mostly tried not to think about.

On her way to the great hall, Ella wasn't really thinking of much. Her mind went to her lessons, wondering if she had done all her homework for today properly. But then she noticed something alarming, a boy on the ground with blood on his face. With him, she saw saw her roommate Ember talking to him and help him up, though Ella couldn't really tell how he was reacting to it all. Had Ember done something to him by accident? Ella didn't know her well, but was inclined to dislike her. With a slight frown, she noticed how Ember seemed to start leaving the kid. "What happened here? Is he... okay? Did you do something?" She asked, one of the first sentences she spoke to a girl who had been sleeping in the same room as her all year. Ember seemed kind of flippant about the situation, but Ella was actually curious about what had happened. Maybe it was something to alert a teacher about? Though an older student like the Hufflepuff really should be able to take care of himself, she thought.

Lachlan managed to clean up his face with his handkerchief in his robes before he embarrassed himself more. He looked up to see another girl, and he immediately turned red. If he were a Gryffindor, it would have matched his tie. "I'm so sorry and clumsy, especially when I have the flu. Thank you so much, Ember." Lachlan did his best to remember some of the people that were in the school, and who they were. After all, he was a prefect, and he needed to know everyone as much as possible. He gladly took the muggle medicine, smiling at her as he did so. "My family would hate me for taking this, but I don't care. They hate my house anyway! Might as well!" He pocketed the medicine to take with a bottle of water as soon as he got to the great hall. Lachlan noticed that there was a girl, Ella he thought, make conversation with the one that helped him up, and even asked if she did something. He shook his head, his face nice and clean, though his nose was still red, and his eyes watered a bit. "No no! I just ran into the wall! I'm sick and my vision might be compromised a bit! She helped me up!"

Ember paused, turning back to give Lachlan a small smile as he apologized and thanked her. He continued on about his family and she rolled her eyes. "Ah, forget them. If they don't like the sweet Hufflepuff they can bugger off," She shrugged, not really thinking about it. Before she could say anything else though, her roommate cut in. She raised a brow, and ignoring Lachlan's defense of her, she chuckled dryly. "Sure, don't you know it's a new game? Run as many prefects into the wall as you can without getting detention. Loads of fun." She gave a half a smile, placing her hands in her robes. "You get extra points if they do it themselves," She joked dryly, unable to resist.

Ella watched with distrust as the boy took muggle medicine from Ember. She was fairly sure it wouldn't actually work, and that magical remedies would be much more effective. But it was his life, if he wanted to take muggle nonsense it was his choice. The only reason she had even stopped to look was because of the blood. Ella tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "Those walls have been there for a while, you know." She said with a dry tone. Clearly, she found the idea of running into a wall silly, even when you were sick. She turned her gaze to Ember, who seemed to be making a joke out of all this. Ella sighed impatiently. "Is everything a joke to you?" She asked the girl with a slight shake of her head. She turned to the boy. "You should go to the nurse. The medicine at the hospital wing is better than what she gave you." Though really, she shouldn't have to spell that out.

Lachlan chuckled a bit at the joke that Ember was giving out. That was kind of funny. Lachlan made sure that he was good, but he looked to Ella, and frowned a bit. He knew that the nurses probably had better stuff, but he had bugged them already this week, and did not want to burden them again. "I went there already a few days ago for a head cold and a sprained ankle. I really don't want to bother them again, Ella. I just hope my immune system will fight this off in a few days." Lachlan grinned toward the girl, almost trying to reassure her. The pure-blood brushed his hair back, and felt like his body was hit by a few bludgers. His fever had yet to break since he developed it the previous night, so he had a while to go. "There's not really a game to make prefects run into walls, is there?"

Ember smiled slightly at Ella. "Only if it's funny." She crinkled her nose as she pointed out the effectiveness of the meds. "Hey, my mum sent them. I had to do something with them, yeah?" Her jokes weren't enough to make her miss how bad the prefect looked, though. "If I told you, I would lose," She muttered half-heartedly. Of course there wasn't but she was a bit distracted now. She stepped forward and placed the back of her hand against the boy's forehead. "Bloody hell, you're burning up," She muttered. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a small bottle of healing drought. It wasn't enough to get rid of his cold, but it might be enough to break his fever. "Here," She handed it to him, pulling her other hand away from his face.

Sorry guys lost track of this!

Ella stared at the boy in obvious disbelief when he claimed he didn’t want to bother the nurses. Didn’t he realize that was what they were there for? What a stupid reason. “It’s their job.” She said dryly. “They get paid to fix us when we’re sick.” She wondered how clumsy this boy was if he had sprained his ankle a few days ago and now ran into a wall. Maybe the nurses were getting sick of him and he had picked up on it or something. But Ella still thought it was rather stupid not to go. “Muggle medicine isn’t going to do anything.” She said with a roll of her eyes. “If you trust muggles over magic, you’re just being stupid.” Ella didn’t comment on his question about the game, she just gave him a look that spoke volumes. The girl was ready to walk away from this situation, but when Ember put her hand against the boy’s forehead and said he had a fever she lingered instead. A small part of her was concerned about this guy. He was going to get himself hurt walking around sick without letting anyone with medical experience look at him, especially if he was just going to take random medicine from anyone who offered. “Ember, you’re hardly qualified to help him.” She pointed out, wondering why on earth the girl had so many different kinds of medicine on her in the first place. “They made a hospital wing when they built this school for a reason.” It was frustrating to repeat herself when neither of the other two seemed willing to listen. Why was she bothering?

Lachlan couldn't help but notice how Ella's words reminded him of his family. They hated muggles with a passion, and didn't trust them. He was different though. He was open to such remedies. But, he did wonder why Ember seemed to have everything on her to help him. He shook his head, starting to wonder about the muggle medicine. Could he really bother the nurses again? He felt bad every time he went in there to get mended up. Frowning, he sighed, "Ella, you are right. I don't know anything about muggle medicine. It probably isn't as good as magical potions. My muggle knowledge is pretty much non-existent, coming from a family like mine..." He faded off with a shrug of his shoulders. He turned his attention to Ember and smiled sweetly, "Thank you for helping me, and your consideration for others." Lachlan was still reluctant to go to the nurses. But, then he thought of a way around it. "The potions professor and I get along well. Maybe I can get something there so the nurses can tend to the real emergencies." He shrugged his shoulders and hoped that it made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back