Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 and a half inches willow with unicorn hair
Hey guys!! It's time for another bi-weekly update! There's plenty going on at the minute, so make sure to check everything out!

Yay Democracy!
Yes folks, the first debate is just around the corner, set to take place on the 30th of April (OOC)!! Make sure your voice is heard, by submitting a question to the Ballot Box! If you're curious about the candidates, make sure to tune in to their radio interview to keep up to date! There are also plenty of open, interactive topics around the site in which you can address the candidates directly, so be sure to check them out!
A Beauxbatons Victory!
If you've been paying attention to the Quidditch cup this season, you'll know our HNZ champions, Gryffindor, took against visiting team, Beauxbatons, in an inter-school game. The results are in, and Beauxbatons emerges victorious! Check out the game here!
Duelling Competition!
The competition has been going on for quite a while now, and shows the dedication of all those involved to the duelling club, so please go and check out the final winners here!
Graduation!
It's that time of year again, when we say goodbye to all the seventh years and send them off into the world. Check out the Graduation Ceremony and bid them adieu, or if you're a second year yourself, make sure to say your final goodbyes.
Careers Fair
Coming soon; the now cherished tradition of the Careers fair! The Ministry will be funding this event, which is meant to connect working adults with students interested in certain careers. The event will be advertised in the newspaper, on the radio, and on posters around the local NZ area. It will take place during IC July.

If you are interested in having your character participate, please read carefully. Cyndi will be accepting PMs from individuals interested in having their character participate at the event until Tuesday, May 1st at 12:00pm EST. Please do not apply if you don't think you can be active during this event. Your PM should be from the character you're wanting to participate with and should include your character's age, occupation, length of time in that occupation, and 1 sentence explaining why that character should be chosen to participate. PMing is not a guarantee that you will be chosen to participate, but we will let everyone know whether they are chosen or not. We are looking for participants from different occupations (examples include ministry employees, healers, magizoologists, journalists, Aurors, professors, etc. ).

Open Topics!
A nifty new idea has appeared on the board, thanks to the lovely Daphne, an Open Topics thread has begun to take on life. It's entirely optional, but open topics can be a great way to jump right into roleplaying, so if you're interested, take a look!
Nopelication
Applications are closed for the exams! It's a very busy time for the admins, so please be patient, because I guarantee you they're working their hardest.
End of Year Admin!
EXAMS!! IT's a dreaded word, but the OWLs, NEWTs, and plain old class exams should be posted this week, so be sure to study up. Professors, please make sure you're up to date with all classes, exams, and grading, as all the administrative work needs to be done in order for sorting to open.
Tag Your RPs PLz
Candidates for Minister of Magic, to make things easier when people are looking back on election-topics when the time comes to vote, please tag your election-related topics as "MoM roleplay." It's a simple idea, but it'll make searching the topics waayy easier. Thank you!
Keeping Shop
Shopkeepers, just a small reminder that, with the new system, the role of shopkeeper has become much more active and interactive. We're looking forward to seeing shopkeepers really working to keep their shops active as we come into the first sorting season with the new system!
The End of Year 30
And thus another year at HNZ comes to an end. Make sure to keep an eye out for the end of year feast, and for sorting to open!

[ul][li]Why don't you just meet me in the middle
After years of secret admiration which resulted in an accidental kiss, fueled by a dare which ended in weeks of avoiding each other and subjecting their own selves to the misery of not talking to each other, Aliviah and Atkin finally come to terms with their feelings.

Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30524407/1/ - Falling Unintentionally
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30544474/1/ - Bear Hugs
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30544474/1/ - And I just can't keep my distance from you</LI>

[li]You Bring Out The Worst Of Me
Evelyn runs into Zenia her biggest and only enemy. As always the conversation doesn't end well.
But this time Zenia brings out the worst in Evelyn. It doesn't stay with only talking.

Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30531535/1/ (The Moment of Truth)

[li]Adventures Old and New
With the oldest of their number about to leave them for Hogwarts, the Kaimarama siblings get in one last adventure as a trio.

Other RPs in this Plot:
PM Offline Member ProfileEdit Post Report Post

[li]Still Weird
Three bug catchers go out into the Forest mid-day at the same time Professor Harrington is passing by to see them going in. She catches the Prefect red-handed -not doing his duties- when he comes across the two youngsters.

Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30541293/1/#new
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30541300/1/#new

[li]For one and not the other
The Westwick twins seem some of the castle's least likely recipients of Valentines roses, but when an unexpected rose for Theodore winds up in Edmund's hands it causes quite a commotion between them.

Other RPs in this Plot:[/li][/ul]

[ul][li]End of Year Feast!
[li]New Firsties!
[li]A Birthday
[li]New Firsties
<LI>[li]Election Madness
[/li][/ul]Thanks for sticking with me guys! Here's to an excellent Summer, and to all of you lovely people!

Maia :maia:
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thank you for the update :woot: I can't wait for sorting but I'm also sad Charlotte is graduating :(

Thanks for the update Maia!

Thanks so much for the update Maia!

I’m so ready for the new year but I’m also not ready for my four first ever students to graduate o_O

So much going on! Thanks for mentioning my open topics thread :woot: I'm excited people are using it. The idea of tagging election-related topics is smart too and I'm going to do that right now ^_^

SO EXCITED FOR SORTING!

Thank you for the update!! :party: Looking forward to another careers fair ^_^

Urgh I keep saying this but graduation has come around so soonn :cry:

Thanks for the update Maia :hug:

This year has gone so fast ;-;

Thanks for the update! So much happening right now I love it!

Thanks for the update! Wow the year is going by so fast! But I am excited to the next sorting again! :woot:

Thank you for posting this, Maia!

I'm looking forward to seeing more election stuff.

Great Update! Looking forward to all the new students people begin to sort for the upcoming year! :D

Sara Moon said:
Careers Fair
Coming soon; the now cherished tradition of the Careers fair! The Ministry will be funding this event, which is meant to connect working adults with students interested in certain careers. The event will be advertised in the newspaper, on the radio, and on posters around the local NZ area. It will take place during IC July.

If you are interested in having your character participate, please read carefully. Cyndi will be accepting PMs from individuals interested in having their character participate at the event until Tuesday, May 1st at 12:00pm EST. Please do not apply if you don't think you can be active during this event. Your PM should be from the character you're wanting to participate with and should include your character's age, occupation, length of time in that occupation, and 1 sentence explaining why that character should be chosen to participate. PMing is not a guarantee that you will be chosen to participate, but we will let everyone know whether they are chosen or not. We are looking for participants from different occupations (examples include ministry employees, healers, magizoologists, journalists, Aurors, professors, etc. ).[/color][/font][/class]
Only a few more days to apply!

Professor Cyndi Kingsley said:
Sara Moon said:
Careers Fair

If you are interested in having your character participate, please read carefully. Cyndi will be accepting PMs from individuals interested in having their character participate at the event until Tuesday, May 1st at 12:00pm EST. Please do not apply if you don't think you can be active during this event. Your PM should be from the character you're wanting to participate with and should include your character's age, occupation, length of time in that occupation, and 1 sentence explaining why that character should be chosen to participate. PMing is not a guarantee that you will be chosen to participate, but we will let everyone know whether they are chosen or not. We are looking for participants from different occupations (examples include ministry employees, healers, magizoologists, journalists, Aurors, professors, etc. ).[/color][/font][/class]
Only a few more days to apply!
Last call for this!

Alrighty. Thanks for applying! You'll be hearing from an admin about the status of your application sometime soon. :)

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back