Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pine Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Xinyi was tired. He had been working hard with his martial arts instructor, doing his best in his one on one lessons so that he could learn to defend himself. He was sore, covered in bruises he was hiding from his brother. He had slipped out, and found his way to one of the parks. He settled down on a hill, pulling out his sketch pad. He had been neglecting his drawings for the most part. He knew his brother disapproved, and he didn't want the other boy to have any other reasons to hate him. Xinyi sat down underneath a tree next to the playground, opening his sketchpad and starting to draw. He meant to work, but slowly his eyes started to droop. It wasn't long before he fell over, curling up in the grass around his half started drawing and falling asleep.

Aurora liked when Bran was home, it meant they got to spend a bit more time in the magical villiages, usually because he needed things. They couldn't yet come to this place alone and there wasn't always the time during the muggle school year, but the swings in takaroharo park were better than swings elsewhere. She was dragging Rosie with her, her hand in her twins and she was moving with purpose to the park while Rosie was staring and wanting to look at every other flower. Once they get to the park Aurora turned to her sister and said, "I'll be on the swing if you need me," before she rushed over to the swing and immediately got to work seeing how high she could go.

Rosie didn't mind going to the park, though she thought whoever looked after it, took too much care of it and didn't let it grow enough or grow wild enough. Her vegetable patch in the family garden was always well kept but she let her flower area grow far more. It was important to treat different sorts of plants differently. So where she knew Aurora would want to spend time in the park she'd have rather spend time around the park. But Rosie let herself be dragged by her twin to the park to only be immediately ditched. It didn't phase Rosie, this often happened at the park. Rosie just began walking around, and approached a tree, surprised when she noticed a boy was asleep. "Excuse me," she said quietly, trying to wake him up but not surprise him. "You shouldn't sleep here,"

Xinyi's eyes fluttered open when someone nudged him awake. He yawned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes, his hair falling into them. He looked up to the girl and smiled gently. "Hi," he greeted her sleepily, placing his hands in his lap. "Who are you?" he asked softly, looking around and seeing another girl on the swings. That was new.

Rosie was quite reassured that she didn't scare the sleeping boy and he gave her a smile, so she did too. She was sure he'd ask about why she'd woken him, Rosie had assumed that he'd be annoyed too but he just seemed sleepy and greeted her by asking who she was. "I'm Rosie, that's my twin Aurora," she told him before holding out a hand to him. She wasn't sure her sister was watching or listening to this, a brief glance at her showed her sister to be really enjoying the swings.

Xinyi smiled softly and shook her hand, stretching and folding his legs under him. "I'm Xinyi," he told her. "My twin is Jingyi, but he is not here." he told her, rubbing his eyes and brushing his hair back. "Are you eldest?" He asked, looking over to the girl on the swings. She reminded him of Jingyi, of the energy his brother had.

Rosie was a little surprised that she'd met someone else with a twin. "Are you identical or not?" she asked out of curiousity though it wouldn't mind either way, "Aurora and I aren't," she explained though he was probably able to see that quite easily. At the question Rosie nodded, "By like ten minutes but everyone thinks Aurora's older because she's more forward," Rosie told him, she clearly didn't mind it, it was like she was stating fact more than how she felt about it. "What about you?"

Xinyi nodded easily. "Yes. Though he has a birthmark here," Xinyi touched his cheek. "He's shy about it." He frowned a little. He traded it for a small smile at her words. "I am, technically, by five minutes, but people often mistake Jingyi as the eldest," he blushed and looked away, rubbing his neck. "I am too soft. He has to protect me from the other boys," he admitted gently. "But I'm getting better," he added quickly.

Rosie nodded as he said that there was one difference between this boy and his twin. She didn't think it would be something to be shy about it but she hadn't seen it and she could tell someone how to feel about it. She thought it was funny that this boy too, just like her was often mistaken for being the younger twin. She frowned a little at the word soft, which he didn't seem to mind but she knew Aurora would've gotten annoyed with her if she'd ever said she was soft. "There's nothing wrong with not fighting," she said. She knew that Aurora always stood up for her too, but she'd stand up for most people. "Aurora stands up for me all the time too, but I don't mind being picked on or her standing up for me," Rosie told him, it had been a while since anyone picked on her, she knew other kids called her weird behind her back but she really didn't mind that, they could think what they want.

Xinyi looked to the girl, surprised by her words. He hesitated for a long moment, looking away to watch her twin. He sighed. "My brother cares," he spoke softly. "He gets really mad at me. He'll beat up whoever is hurting me. Then he'll yell at me." He sighed, feeling miserable as he talked about it. His gaze lowered to the ground in front of him.

Rosie frowned a little, she would hate if her sister was always yelling at her for letting other people hurt her. "That's not very nice of him, yelling at someone is....well, being yelled at isn't fun," she said. She didn't like shouting or being yelled at. She much rather when things were said quietly in a level headed conversation. She knew that her sister was prone to more shouting than she was, but at least it was never directed at her. "It's not your fault that other people are mean to you," she told him.

Xinyi blinked, surprised at her words. "What? I mean..." he was at a loss for words. "It's... it's okay," he settled on. I deserve it, he added gently in his mind. He shook his head, eager to change the subject now. "What are you doing here?" He asked instead, looking between her and the other girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back