Caelan Maxwell

𝓒π“ͺ𝓡𝓡𝓲𝓰𝓻π“ͺπ“Ήπ“±π“²π“Όπ“½πŸŽ¨α΄α΄κœ±α΄€Ιͺα΄„ α΄€Κ€α΄›Ιͺκœ±α΄›

OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
The dance was currently going, Caelan spend his time bored in the Student Lounge with his cousin, Alec, who was sketching on her sketchpad that he gave her on the coffee table by the heart of the living room. There were only a couple of students there either studying or just relaxing. The boy stared at his cousin, although, his mind was somewhere else. if only he had the guts to ask Kira to the dance, he wouldn't feel bad like this. Caelan wanted to focus on his little cousin but there was something bothering him, his heart pumping like he ran a triathlon. "Alec, what if I've asked Kira to go. She would be the happiest right now, right?" He asked his little cousin. He wanted to get a reaction from her, he sure she had been asked before by a guy by now?

Alec wondered what would be the feeling if someone asked her to the dance? Maybe she would be on cloud nine or better yet, feel loved? She sigh as she draw a faint shape of a heart on her sketchpad. It was Valentines day and yet, she and her cousin, Caelan was at the Student Lounge doing nothing. It was quiet and only the fire going on was loud enough to annoy her. Alec looked up at Caelan as she asked her a question she can never answer. She furrowed slightly and went back to look at her drawing. "Anyone would be happy if you ask them to go to the dance. Specially the girls." She answered truthfully. But her furrowed brows hardened, "But I think you're too late for Kira. I heard from the grape vine that she's going with someone on your year, Marcos, I think his name was." Maybe it wasn't the best gossip she had shared with anyone. She pursed her lips and went back to her drawing.

The boy could tell Alec was a bit young for dates and stuff and was the wrong person to ask. His heart was still pounding like he needed to see something or someone but what Alec informed him was enough for him to stand up and pace around. Who's Marcos and how come I don't know about this? Caelan thought to himself. "So, what else do you know about this?" Yeah, he was jealous he came here for her and also to study, he can't forget that. Caelan narrowed his eyes at Alec, as if he wanted her to tell him more. "But you know, I won't get mad or anything." His tactic changed, being sweet now. The boy was a bit hot tempered but not to the point he will hurt someone.

Yvette checked out the dance for awhile, had a few drinks and a few laughs at the few students who had two left feet. After it was done, she went to find her family who she seems to be with everyday at this school. The girl found them in the Student Lounge. Yvette caught some of her cousins conversation as she entered the room and jump on the armchair Caelan was sitting on earlier. "Are we talking about how I didn't see you at the dance with little miss sunshine?" Yvette raised an eyebrow. She rolled an eye after a pathetic silent. "Caelan, get over her. She's with another guy and they were sweet, cuddly even." That didn't really happened but whatever, right? If there was fire, get some logs and throw to the fire. It'll get bigger.

The brunette sigh while she finished the heart drawing she was making, it was more finish with a shiny touch effect on it. Alec shaded it after, the second year was listening to Caelan but all she know about was what she told him already. She rolled her eyes and turned back to him. "Cae, I swear it's the only information I have. Kira and I aren't that close you know." Alec informed him with a slight smile on her lips. She's not the type of person who befriends easily, she observes them first. After she pleaded that she had nothing to say anymore, Alec's other cousin Yvette came in but she was alone, her twin wasn't near her.

"Oh, hush, Yvey! Cae likes her and that's it. Don't put more logs in the fire." She warned her cousin. Alec doesn't understand some of her relatives. They weren't Purebloods but some of them act like they are and blood purity needs to be instated. "Don't believe whatever she says, Cae." Alec narrowed her eyes at Yvette. She didn't want their family name on the line again. Like before.

Caelan groaned, he can't spill anymore from his cousin. He stood there, expecting like someone would give him advice. Should he tell Kira what he feels about her or should he wait for another school year? His mind was in a whirlpool. Until his other cousin came. Yvette confirmed his suspicion, Caelan should have asked Kira early on once he found out there's a dance going on. "I can't just get over her, Yvette. I'm already grew fond of her." Seriously, is there anyone I can talk to that has experience? If Teagan was available. Tired of standing up and walking around, Caelan sat on the couch. Hiding his irritation from his cousins, they were loud but he loved them dearly.

She shook her head slightly with a roll of her eyes. Yvette didn't care whoever Caelan dates or marries, it's just that he needs to slow down with that girl, Kira. They don't know who she is yet. Then something she had heard from the other students that there will be a thing later on after the dance. It was mainly for third and fourth year and if fate brings them, Kira would be there. She looks stupid enough to come there and mingle with her own year. "Okay, it's supposed to be for just third years and fourth years but I heard there's a gathering at the abandoned classroom after the dance. God knows what they'll be doing there. Maybe Kira will be there and you can catch her in the act." It'll be an opportunity for her to witness a bigger drama if that girl was there. Yvette stood up from her chair and exhaled. "The dance was almost done when I left the Great Hall. Should we go and check out the fourth floor?" The girl gave both of her cousin a sarcastic smile.

"Actually, what if we don't? Kira will just think you don't trust her." Alec gave a much more safer advice than her cousin who seems eager to watch something happen. The brunette closed her sketchpad and slammed content the pencil she was hold on the table. She stood from the floor and said calmly, "Why don't we just have dessert in the kitchen. Cool our minds. Maybe plan our family summer reunion." Her suggestion was more into the keep calm zone than Yvette. Alec just hope Caelan would take it. The boy needed to rearrange his brain, do his school than romance. Caelan didn't moved back just because of some girl, he was alone at Hogwarts Scotland.

At last, someone suggested differently. His cousins were like the devil and the angel on his shoulders. Both did have a point but he truly wanted to take Yvette's advice of seeking Kira at that meeting. "Alright!" He said standing up from the couch. "I love you, Alec, dearly but Yvette has a much greater plan than you have. Although, you're family. So, you're coming" Caelan wanted everyone on this, he needs a support team rather than a DPS. He lead his two young cousins to the second floor where the abandoned classroom was. They ended up just outside the close door, Caelan could hear people inside but his heart pumping like it will never stop.

Yvette smiled mockingly at Alec when Caelan took her side than her. "If you want to outrun somebody, you have to know their moves. Be street smart, not stupid smart." She whispered to her cousin once Caelan was in front and leading them to the second floor. They finally arrives outside the abandoned classroom. Hush voices can be heard from inside, Yvette rolled her eyes. She had only heard about the escapade but not the whole thing, she wondered what were they're doing there. "Well, here we go, time to ruin somebody's night." She whispered to herself as she waited for Caelan's moves.

Alec rolled her eyes at Yvette's comment, of course, she will never be like her. Greedy and mean to others. "If you do this, I swear you'll regret it. Kira will hate you foreverrrrrr." She emphasis on the last word so that it will ring in his brain. They all made down the second floor, she was nervous what would happened. Would there be something or Yvette just making things up. "Caelan, this is your last chance to just walk away." She warned her cousin.

Caelan put his pointer finger on Alec's lips to hush her. He didn't want the people inside to hear him open the door. His mind has been made up, he'll spy on Kira, see if she's still with that guy. Confron't her later after this meet up and everything will be just fine. "I can handle this, Alec." He told his cousin. Caelan took a deep breath, turned to the door and quietly opened it. Slightly pushing the door to where he could see Kira and half of the students that was there. It was the hurtful timing he saw. A lump on his throat started to form and all he could do was closed the door and walk back toward his cousins. "Umm, I guess we can wait for her here. But you all can go if you're tired." Caelan's voice was weak. He leaned by the wall opposite the door to the abandoned classroom and became silent from then on.

After the game was over, Onyx stalled Kira until the rest of the group had gone. He opened the door and left first, shaking his head. Now that they were alone, they could really talk. "Let me get this straight," He started, turning to look at her as she stood in the room. "You like some guy, but you don't think he'll notice you, so you... what? Play spin the bottle? How's that going to help you out?" He rubbed the back of his neck. Girls were confusing.

Kira followed after Onyx, looking just a touch dejected. She walked by him as he held open the door. She stared at the ground, a finger lightly on her lips. "Look at me, Nyx, I'm just... just me. Just this silly little girl. I'm shy and bookish and I have nothing to offer someone like him. I just... maybe thought if... if I could be more confident...? I... I don't know anymore." She shook her head, hardly noticing there was anyone else in the hall. She stood there, lost in thought. That.... hadn't helped at all. What else could she possibly do?

She did try everything she could do to stop Caelan but all she can do was watch. She and Yvette were left behind far enough away from the door. It didn't took awhile for Caelan to come back to them, his expression was blank. "Did you see Kira in there?" Alec asked Caelan. He just slump against the wall and the only thing he said was to wait for her there. Which means Alec's question was already answered. "Will stay, just for precaution. You might do something that you'll regret." She sigh as she took a spot in one of the nearest window sill and sat there. She had a feeling it'll be a long night for them all.

Yvette was quiet, just chilling in the background. Although she was watching his cousin's moves every millisecond. Once he turned around after opening and closing the door, she knew something was up. The way his face and body changed after he opened the door was the signal that everything is about to go down tonight. Here, in the corridor hallway. "Of course, I'm staying. I don't want to miss anything . It'll make me thin tomorrow what really happened. This way I'm not late to anything good." So, they waited after Caelan slump against the wall. Yvette stood there with her arms crossed against her chest. She didn't know why but she didn't like this Kira girl. She has that bad vibe so strong.

It's been a while and they're still there but not for long when the people inside came out. His sleepy body awaken. Caelan finger brushed his hair as he stood up from the floor. He ended up there when he was starting to get tired. His cousins were both on the ground as well, sleeping peacefully. But then after a handful of students came out, Kira and a guy came out. Seeing her made his heart jump a beat. He wanted to believe he liked her, he wanted to believe the date was only friendly and the kiss was another. Caelan walked toward the two young students. He cleared his throat once he neared them. "Hey, Kira." He greeted her. "Can we talk?" Caelan would like to tell her what he feels about her.

Kira jumped, startled, spinning to find Caelan standing there. "C-Caelan! H-hi," she stammered, feeling all her blood rushing to her bright red cheeks. "I-I, ah, sure! I mean, y-yeah," she cleared her throat, rubbing her neck awkwardly. It always seemed to be like this anymore. Once she had admitted she liked him, she had become even more flustered and shy than she had ever been before. She glanced around for Onyx, but he had mysteriously disappeared. Brilliant. She turned back to Caelan with a shy smile. "I-is everything, ah, everything alright?" She folded her hands together in front of her. What on Earth could he be doing here? Had he figured out the rose? She hoped not. Sort of. She just... Didn't know if she could or should admit to sending it.

Last edited:
He wanted to tease her about her stammering. But he was too weak to even argue, Caelan just wanted this to be over. The boy turned to look over his cousins who are now awake and were both standing up from the floor. Caelan looked back to Kira with a sigh. "How was the dance?" That's not what he meant to ask but it gives him the chance to plot what he was going to say. "What I meant to say was ..." Caelan built up his nerves. "IlikeyouverymuchandnowIknowyouhavesomeoneelsethenIshouldstayawayfromyou." He said without taking a breath. His brows furrowed, he was confused what he just said to her. He heard himself talk but the words were a jumble.

Kira wasn't sure if she was relieved or not when he asked about the dance. She tucked her hair behind her ear and started to respond. Caelan spoke first, however, and she nearly missed it. She missed the first little bit, but she focused and quickly caught the rest. Her heart plummeted at his words. "S-someone...? Oh, I... I understand." She did her best to smile.

There was someone else in Caelan's life so he was choosing to leave her alone. She shouldn't be surprised. He was... Well, he was him, and she wasn't anyone worthy of even being his friend. She backed away, her hair falling to cover her face as she lowered her eyes to the floor. "I-I w-won't um, won't bother y-you again," she murmured, embarrassed at the tears the we're welling up in her eyes. Unable to take anymore, she turned and fled from the scene.

The happening unfolding in front of him was confusing him. Kira was still stammering, nervous, as she talked to him. He didn't understand why was she saying that she won't bother him again. Caelan was tracking down what he said earlier, it was still a blur but he thinks Kira misheard him. "Kira, I-I t-that's -" Did he just screw up the whole thing? He was just there to tell her that he liked her and that he should stay away from her because she has somebody else. Everything was so fast, Kira ran away and he was still confused.

Caelan turned to look at his cousins. They were signaling for him to follow her. And he did. Caelan would straighten this mess up, he couldn't bare to see her sad nor crying. He head down toward where Kira ran.
------------------------------------------------------ CONTINUED ---------------------------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Back