Bad Decisions

Madeline Walden

OOC First Name
Lauren
Sexual Orientation
James
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Chestnut Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
The first floor corridor leading into the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom was deserted, it was just before dinnertime so most students were in the Great Hall. Maddie had one more stop before she could enjoy the evening meal with the rest of the students. Her footsteps echoed as she walked down the corridor, the only sound she could hear was her heart beating against her chest. What she was about to do was very risky, failing would mean sure death. She paced outside the classroom, contemplating her decision, she wasn't sure she wanted to do this anymore....

Exploring the castle had happened to be one of Charlotte's favourite things to do in her spare time. She strolled around the castle like a lost kitten trying to find its way back home. But to Charlotte, Hogwarts was actually starting to feel like home and she was no longer lost. In fact, despite being in what she thought was her least favourite house, she was starting to realise how much she belonged there and was starting to find the good traits it held.

Walking along the first floor corridor, Charlotte noticed a Gryffindor girl pacing the front of Professor Styx's office. She looked scared and like she was up to something. It made Charlotte curious and extremely excited for the adventure that would perhaps lay ahead, so she skipped over to her, hoping that it was the right thing to do.

"Hey! Whatcha doing!?" Charlotte asked, almost jumping around on the spot. Her excitement got the best of her and she couldn't hold it in. "Are you in trouble? Do you mind if I help? I'm really good at helping people!" She was curious and wanted in with whatever this girl was doing. It seemed fun and Charlotte hadn't had fun in ages.

A young Slytherin girl approached Maddie "oh no! she thought. What if this person was going to tell Styx about her hanging round outside his office. "Don't tell anyone!" Maddie quickly whispered. "He can't know!" She grabbed the girls arm and pulled her into a shadow. "I have to sneak in there and put this on his desk" she said quietly waving her homework in the air. "It's SO risky though!" she added. "You can help me if you want. We need to find a way in there, do you have any idea?" she asked biting her lip.

This girl needed help and Charlotte was very happy to do so. She jumped around excitedly as the girl explained what she had to do. Late homework was definitely a problem and Charlotte was very eager to help. But the idea was extremely risky. This professor was Charlotte's head of house and Merlin knows what would happen if he caught her.

Turning the handle with her bare hand, Charlotte attempted to open the door. To her dismay, it was locked and she supposed they needed a key or something to get to the other side. She thought hard and tried to think of a spell but she barely knew any. "Maybe we could kick it down?" she suggested, sizing up the strength of the door and the strength of the tiny first years. They were no match but she tried anyway and hoped that it might work.

Using all that she could muster, she used her right leg to kick the door open, almost falling backwards onto the ground. But it didn't work and Charlotte stood there flabbergasted. "Now I'm all out of ideas!" Charlotte exclaimed angrily, turning around to look at the girl. But Charlotte refused to give up and kept trying to think of another way in. Maybe this idea was pretty stupid after all?

Maddie watched as the Slytherin girl tried many different ways to get into the office. She was very grateful that she chose to help her as getting caught would mean certain trouble for them both. Maddie saw the girl kick and bash the door so she joined in to no avail. The room really didn't want to let Maddie in, this was her punishment. "Oh this is hopeless!" she exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air. "What am I supposed to do?" she said crestfallen looking down to the floor. But then she saw it, a crack between the door and the floor where a little bit of light filtered through. "What if I tried to slip it under there? Then he would think that it just fell on the floor and I did it on time?" she asked the Slytherin girl.

Charlotte considered the girl's idea for a moment. The only way she'd be able to get away with that is if she tries not to make it obvious that she slid it under by pushing it to the side or something. But it was a really smart idea and Charlotte encouraged it. "Yes! Do it!" she told her, anticipation written all over her face. "But what if he is in there or there's a camera?" For that reason, she wasn't entirely sure that it was safe. After all, it was the Gryffindor's homework so it was her responsibility. But Charlotte really wanted to help her and would do anything to make sure that she doesn't get into trouble by that strange man.

Maddie paced the corridor once again in contemplation. "You're right, he could be in there.. This plan could fall apart if he is in there" she explained. "But it's a risk we have to take right? she said trying to reason with both herself and the Slytherin girl. Maddie crouched down to the gap between the door and the floor and whispered "there's a reason I chose this time. Everyone should still be a at dinner so the office should be deserted!" Maddie took her homework, put it on the floor and slid it through the gap hard so it would fly across the room. She wanted it to look like it had just fell out of her bag. However, to her dismay the parchment flew straight back out again as if someone had slid it back. "WOAH!" Maddie exclaimed as she fell back onto her hands, this was a very foolish endeavour. It was impossible.

For a while now, the Slytherin Head of House watched in amusement, without it showing on his facial expression. This Gryffindor girl was trying to pull a fast one on him. Trying to turn in her assignment late. When she attempted to slide it under the door, he used a silent spell to make it fly back out. What he didn't like was when his Slytherin student tried to kick the door in. He folded his arms across his chest, and he cleared his throat. "Trying to bust into my office, due to your failure to turn in your homework on time?" His eyes turned to the Slytherin. "How noble of you to assist someone else. However, the kicking the door was a bit disruptive. You should be thankful I don't take points for that." Kalif spoke in a low tone, dangerously low.

Charlotte watched as the Gryffindor slid her homework far into the office. Her eyes widened as it came back out and Charlotte knew who did it. She wanted to start running when she saw her head of house. She knew they were both in so much trouble. Professor Styx was probably the only thing Charlotte was afraid of and now she was standing face to face with her biggest fear. She was glad he wasn't going to take away points from her for kicking the door (after all, Slytherin was his house too) and stood there awkwardly, looking straight at the ground.

"I was just trying to help..." she mumbled, trying her best not to make eye contact with the man. She didn't want to say something stupid that might risk her chance of being on pretty good terms with the professor. By now, the professor probably hated her and he probably thought she was an embarrassment to Slytherin house. The main reason she was so scared of him was because he seemed like such a peculiar man and Charlotte didn't usually get along with Slytherins like herself. She felt out of place in Slytherin house and Styx made her feel even more out of place. She wondered how much trouble they were going to be in as her eyes stayed glued to the ground. She had definitely made a bad decision in helping the girl.

Maddie jumped up when Professor Styx addressed her "I..I.. I was just... I was just" she stammered scared out of her wits. She hadn't banked on being caught, which on second thought was naive. She couldn't be more thankful towards the Slytherin girl staying to help her. It was Maddie's fault Charlotte might get in trouble. She looked down to her feet, awaiting her punishment. This was the worst idea Maddie had ever had and she hoped she wouldn't get in too much trouble. She also hoped that Charlotte wouldn't hate her, Maddie didn't like people disliking her.

Kalif noticed that both seemed to stand there, terrified of him. And in the right mind too, considering his height was intimidation enough. Plus his whole demeanor was nothing less than nightmarish when he was angry. This did seem to bring him the mildest amount of joy. He suddenly remembered why he bothered sticking around, and that was to ensure students knew their place. "Both of you should consider leaving. Unless you actually needed something." Kalif was definitely not known for allowing students to waste time, be it his or theirs. He stared them down, as the door to the office suddenly opened, allowing him to enter once the two first years were out of his way.

Charlotte could see how nervous the Gryffindor girl was and it made her nervous too. Styx was obviously really angry about the whole situation. How were they going to do this? Maybe if they just apologised and the girl handed in the homework nicely to him? Of course, Charlotte was sure that the professor did not work that way especially after what they did to him.

The professor asked for them to leave and then the door to his office opened. "Just give it to him now!" she whispered to the gryffindor, eager to have accomplished their mission. She really wanted to finish what they started and was not going to just walk away from the situation and leave it behind. She was determined for the girl to get her homework back no matter how long they were going to stay there for.

Maddie nodded her head vigorously at what Professor Styx was saying. She didn't want to be here longer than she needed to, the door opened to his office which seemed to signal their time to leave. Maddie turned on her heel about to leave when the Slytherin girl stopped her and whispered to her the real reason they were here. Something which slipped Maddie's mind when Professor Styx showed up and scared her silly. Maddie held up the homework and quickly pushed it into Professor Styx's hand. "My... my homework" she spluttered before quickly turning and power walking down the corridor towards the outside garden, hoping Styx wouldn't call her back. She needed some fresh air, this whole situation had been very trying.

Kalif looked toward his Slytherin, as he heard her speak. Give what to him? He narrowed his eyes upon the Gryffindor, before he felt a sheet of parchment shoved into his hand. He looked upon the homework, before he looked up to see that the Gryffindor student was gone. He uttered, "Perhaps I could give her half credit at least." Kalif was speaking to himself at that point, very quietly. He walked into his office, and set the parchment down, before he assumed that the Slytherin would just leave. After all, she had no purpose or reason to be here other than apparently, encouraging the Gryffindor.
OOCOut of Character:
Wow guys, I am so sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back