Awkward Is My Middle Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yiwen Marionetta

OOC First Name
Cole
Yiwen Marionetta was not sure what had finally brought her the courage to enter a dance, but she felt so out of place once entering that she just wanted to go back to her dorm. Her legs were already awkward, the length below her knees wobbling in the heels that while only a few inches made Yiwen feel like a part-giant. Her cheeks were pale, flushed like her normal skin as makeup application was not something she was talented with. The headlines screamed in her head - painter can't paint own face. It was borderline ridiculous but when she tried she felt she always looked like a clown, so she'd rather just not try.

Yiwen pushed back the bone straight hairs that spilled over her shoulders and loosely caught in the beading of her dress. Passing by some house elves she saw they were carrying empty containers, meaning that there would be something to eat or drink in the nearby vicinity. The blonde glanced and finally laid eyes on the punch. One drink, and she'd go home.

Amber was feeling somewhat miserable tonight. She was here alone, no Wyatt and no Ainsley to accompany her. She'd had fun with both of them at dances before, and wished one of them was at her side right now. The Yule ball last semester Wyatt had been wonderful, and she couldn't help but be slightly irritated with the situation. She knew it wasn't entirely fair and she wasn't going to say anything to him because he was probably ten times as miserable as she was. Ainsley was still avoiding her, though she had hoped the rose she sent would fix some things. She sighed and looked around, hoping for any familiar face.

She spotted a girl she knew because they spent a lot of time in the same room, but hardly ever talked to. Amber sometimes wished she was closer to the girls in her dorm, so this seemed like a perfect opportunity. Encouraged by her new goal, she approached Yiwen. "Hi Yiwen! You look beautiful tonight." Amber told her with a smile. She really liked the girl's dress, it was such a nice color. She herself hadn't bothered to dress up as much, just wearing a cute outfit she thought looked enough like a Valentine's day outfit. Now she wished she had worn a dress.

Yiwen wasn't expecting anyone to approach her. She didn't really know anyone at the school except for the prefects - and she only knew them before they were very important for if she had questions. When she heard her name the blonde jerked her head quickly, nearly spilling her punch. Her cheeks filled with blood bringing a rosy tint to her face. This dark haired girl knew her name - but Yiwen couldn't think of hers. "Th-thank you." She poke in a small voice, looking down at her white heels, trying hard to come up with a name. When the artist couldn't think of one she sheepishly spoke. "You look very pretty too, but I don't know... your name?" She spoke ashamed. "Y-you're in my year right?" She asked, hoping to earn some points for knowing that. She was sure she was a dorm mate, but didn't want to be too wrong.

Amber could see she had startled the girl and gave her a gentle smile, she had never talked to Yiwen before and the girl was always so quiet, she had no idea what she was like. "Thanks!" She told the girl when she returned Amber's compliment. In truth, she felt kind of plain today. She tried not to be sad when the girl said she didn't know her name, they had shared a room for the past three years. But Yiwen clearly felt bad about it, and she couldn't help not being very social. Maybe Amber could help! "Yes I am, I'm Amber. We're in the same dorm." She said helpfully. "How are you doing? Are you enjoying the dance?" She smiled. "Are you here alone? I am too, the boy I wanted to go with isn't allowed to leave the common room..." She sighed, the reminder making her sad. "Anyway, maybe we can have fun together?"

Yiwen didn't make much eye contact with the dark haired Puff in front of her. Instead she stared at the rim of her glass where her chap stick stuck firmly against the plastic. When asked about the dance and how she was doing Yiwen was overwhelmed with the amount she'd have to talk in order to get her questions answered. The girl was used to just writing - she could calculate every sentence carefully and come across as articulate - but in this situation she couldn't. "Good.... yes, yes...." She paused between sentences, answering in short inarticulate bursts. "I'm sorry. About the boy." She looked at her punch then up again. "Do... you want to hang out with me?" She inquired, seeming a little shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back