OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
11½' Holly Wood Core of Augurey Tail Feather
December was approaching, which meant the Holidays were coming. As well the breaks when students get to go back home and spend some much needed time with their families. Like they would do in the muggel world it was no different here. That much he could count on to be the same. Since his tia had kept him and his sister in the dark, he never know what to expect from her these days. What else could she be hiding from them? Joshua spend days on end thinking if there was more that she wasn't telling them. Constantly, their family dilemma was on his mind. Lessons were a good distraction, sometimes. If he had to use his wand that's when he reminded again of his aunt and the lie she hid from them. It's not fear that makes him freeze in place while he trying to calm down his anxieties. Or maybe it was? He didn't get why he was so conflicted, his aunt raised him and his sister well. Yes, he had a lot questions that needing answering too. And that was it.

He stressed over nothing, or could be something? As of now though, these were things he couldn't control. Joshua had to let it all go. Too young to be thinking of these trivial things, it's all he could do. Let it go. When it was too much for him to handle, Joshua would take for North Tower. Up until last month, he avoided the towers. He had overcame the dread as he realize day by the day there was no chance in switching houses. Ravenclaw was his destiny and this was home until graduation. Joshua walked steady around the tower, never close to those open arched windows. He sat down on one of the chair there as he thought about the holidays and what he could possibly get into during his break.

Laurynhad been busy baking Christmas cookies all morning, mainly just to give out to her friends and family members at the school. Sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies and many more had been delivered in a cookie tin can. She made sure Braxton was the last one she had to deliver as he's at the top of the castle. As she arrived, she was careful not to clumsily spill the can. Upon arriving in front of the Ravenclaw common room front door, Lauryn spotted someone not-so-familiar to her but seems sad and worried.

Being a friendly gal, she approached him, opened the tin can of cookies (which she will regret later on) and offered the guy some. "Cookies makes you cheer up. Go take one but I'll warn you that some of them have nuts in them." She cautiously told the guy but smiled after. "Don't be shy. I'm Lauryn, by the way. It doesn't have love potion in it, I swear. I don't want my uncle falling in love with me, that'll be creepy and ewwie." Lauryn tried make a disgusting face but chuckled. She tried being funny and maybe the guy would appreciate it later.

Joshua looked up from where he sat. He thought he had been alone and picked the right time not to be bother. He must've miscalculated. At this time of night, hardly did you get other students from other houses coming up here. Unless they were taking Astronomy, the towers were usually bare. "Umm, thank you?" Joshua picked a cookie from the tin can. He smiled shyly at the strange girl with her big brown eyes staring back at him. She came out of nowhere offering some cookies, Joshua thought it was nice of her. A little odd, but nice.

The boy took his first bite, chewing slowly into his treat. "Joshua. I'm Joshua." He chewed and brush away some crumbs coming down at the side of his mouth. "Nice to meet you, Lauryn." Joshua, is amazed he hasn't stumbling over his own words yet. He was learning this new technique of writing anything he had jumble up there so he wasn't thinking too fast and stuttering. He seem to be getting better. "Thank you for the cookie, again. It's delicious."

The Hufflepuff was happy that the boy she offered cookies took one and didn't hesitated. Lauryn watched the boy ate the cookie and was pleased to know his name was Joshua. It was a formal name, biblical. But it was cute nonetheless. The brunette girl, was simple and wasn't afraid to get dirty. As there weren't that much chair to sit on, Lauryn decided to sit on the floor opposite the boy and placed the opened tin can of cookies on the floor on her left beside her. "No worries, I can make some more for my uncle. And I know I shouldn't be prying but is something bothering you?" She wasn't exactly a gossiper but she wanted to comfort people who have problems.

The first year Hufflepuff looked around the corridor, it was empty and she rarely goes up here. Her uncles would see her down at the Great Hall or she would send a letter to her mother. "It's kind of quiet here. The corridor where the Hufflepuff common room was are always busy, I'm not used to it." It was true that she's not used to quiet corridors. Lauryn hadn't sneaked out in the middle of the night either to know what's it like. "Would you like more cookies?"
She offered again.

Joshua observe Lauryn as she took the seat on the floor. "Oh, no! Don't sit there." If his tia was around, she would've nudge him in the head and make Joshua stand up right away. As if she were, Joshua stood up quickly. He panicked and looked around for another chair. Didn't everything come in pairs?! Joshua didn't get to hear Lauryn's question that clearly. He swallowed his cookie and went looking for a chair around the corridor. Thankfully, he found one with a small table at the side. Joshua dragged the chair around the corridor and set it besides his when he reached the other chair.

"Umm here, sit here?" He offered and took up his seat. Joshua mess with his hair up front and pushed back, away from views. "No, I'm okay. And it is quiet. I guess. I don't mind it. I have no other choice." Joshua reached out and grab another cookie from the tin can. "Thank you." He took a bite of his other cookie, it was delightful. "You're in Hufflepuff? What's it like there? I feel like I should've been in Hufflepuff."

Lauryn's eyes widen at the sudden impulse of Joshua about her sitting on the floor. Even when she was already sitting, she still went to get up and dusted her bum for dirt. She was confused at the scenario but she guess that it was what gentleman do. When he finally found a chair for her to sit on, the Hufflepuff took the offer with a smile and took a sit. "Thank you, but you didn't have to. I was fine on the floor." She stated but it was true, she was comfortable on the floor because it was cool. Lauryn put the cookie tin can on her lap, she took one and munched it slowly. Her previous question was set aside because Joshua didn't answer it.

He asked her anyways about her house. Lauryn sat back and though, "There's nothing much. The decoration has our emblem and color, maybe it's more cheery looking because it's always bright. Plants. There are plants. I don't know if you're big on plants but I am." She told Joshua, picturing her common room easily. "What about you?" Lauryn turned to Joshua as she put half of the cookie in her mouth. "Bow's or ommon room?" Barely speaking, she chuckled at her own unlady like appearance right now. Bits of cookie crumbles spit out while she talks and chuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back