Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
The Courtyard seemed to be the only place Zennon could get any peace these days. It wasn’t really so much to do with him being overwhelmed by everything or that he specifically wanted to avoid people in general, but his sister had taken it upon herself to find him at every opportunity and berate him whenever she could. He was sure it would calm down eventually, but he was pretty sure he was going to have to wait until he could talk to his parents about it seeing as this was mostly more to do with her behaviour than anything else. He might even have been able to live with her hating him if she wouldn’t remind him of the fact every two seconds. It wasn’t like they could specifically avoid each other either, since there were a lot of places they both tended to frequent, like the library, though he’d decided he wasn’t going to go there much anymore, since he knew that Elsie liked to spend quite a bit of time there between dancing and classes. Now she was trying to convert Rowan into hating him too, which was hard enough without the blonde making his life even more of a hardship. Yes, he understood that he messed up and probably could have tried to make more of an effort with his big reveal, or maybe not revealed it quite so ostensibly. He should have just told her, but he had a thing about beating around the bush, he’d done that with Professor Pendleton too and it hadn’t really made anything better.

Zennon sighed and dropped some of the meat he was carrying to the ground, watching the snake slither past him to get it. There are not normally any snakes in New Zealand, but this little guy had somehow ended up here, though he didn’t know how. He’d tried asking it, hoping maybe he could take it home, but it had a partner and children now and it didn’t want to leave since it didn’t really have any natural predators either. He’d made it promise a few years back not to bite any students and so far he’d not heard of anyone getting bitten, so he was happy enough to let it be without taking it to the authorities. After all, he assumed it had been brought here illegally and he was worried that they may have wanted to destroy it, which he simply couldn’t allow. The snake slithered back into the bush quickly and Zennon refrained from speaking to it, mostly because he was just so tired. He’d not slept much at all since the fight and realistically, he just wanted a quiet time by himself to think about everything. That talk he’d had with the girl in the bathroom had give him the courage to talk to his sister and look how that turned out, though things with Pendleton had been a lot smoother, it didn’t mean it would be any easier to do a second time, especially coming from such a violent reaction.

It was a beautiful late spring day and willow was fed up with being inside. She ever since the relevation she had had a few weeks ago about what career she wanted she had spent more time studying than she had in the entire last few years combined. But that is what you got for wanting one of the coolest and toughest jobs in the wizarding world. She had decided to take her lunch out into the courtyard today and soak in some of the sunshine and fresh air.
She sat down and took her little Gollum out of her bag watching it run around and explore its soroundings as she ate. She watched as it made its way towards something that a boy had dropped before something unexpected came out of the bushes and took it. you’re a long way from home she muttered as the creatures tail vanished under the leaves then she realised that her column was following it. She got up and made her way towards the boy and her gollum to retrieve it before it went too far and got lost.

Zennon had not been expecting anyone else to be in the Courtyard, so when he suddenly heard a strange shuffling noise from behind him, he jumped suddenly and whipped around to see a girl, Gryffindor from his year coming up behind him. He recognised her from classes, but didn't quite remember her name, what was it, he vaguely recalled it being something like a tree, or nature variance anyway and he only remembered that because he'd thought about Rowan at the time and how their names matched. He looked down to see her following something, frowning when he saw a golem. That wasn't what he was expecting at all. "Oh, is this thing yours?" He asked, stepping in front of it to keep it from escaping. He didn't know much about golems, or magically how they worked, so he was a little bit fascinated by it. He crouched down to get a better look, but didn't want to touch it as it wasn't his and who knew what it would do. "Did you get it from the Menagerie?"
-Sorry my brain is a bit fried-​

Willow was glad that the boy saw the small model running towards him and managed to stop it before it went under the bushes. shwasn'tnt above crawling under the bushes to find it no matter how undignified it would look but she would rather not. "Thank you" she said as she got close enough to pick it up and held the little fake creature in her hand where it started unsuccessfully trying to crawl up her sleeve. she recognised the boy from class. he was a Slytherin and tended to keep to himself. his name was an unusual one but she couldn't recall what it was. he did seem quite interested in the model. "yeah, it caught my eye when I was in there for my owl, I thought they were funny" she said. it had been ages since she had bought it and she was actually surprised that the magic on it had lasted so long. "he doesn't usually run off. but I think it saw a snake and went to investigate" she said.

Zennon nodded as the girl spoke. He raked his brain for her name, but couldn't seem to grasp it. "I considered getting one, but at the time I only had enough money for my sisters and didn't want to get them something they didn't want just so I could afford to get one of those, it's really cute, I might have to go back there." He said, thinking to himself for a moment. He tilted his head when she mentioned she'd seen the snake and tried to look unassuming. "Oh, really? Strange, there aren't supposed to be snakes in New Zealand." He said, shrugging, though he was suddenly a little nervous. He certainly didn't want someone to suddenly figure out he could speak to snakes, he hadn't told anyone yet, telling this girl, who he didn't know, would have been... well, it wasn't ideal. He knew he should be more careful, but really, he had to feed those guys, they were stuck in a country they shouldn't even be in with a small for supply that wasn't really much. He'd been trying to get them home, but they were their own minds and had other ideas and he wasn't about to fight them, they could kill him if they wanted. Snakes weren't always pleasant after all.​

Willow smiled when Zennon said that he had wanted to get one but he had got something for his sisters instead and he didn't have enough to get for all. "that is actually a great idea. as a gift. I was wondering what to get my brother for Christmas" she said. or maybe it would be better for his birthday as he would soon be going to school here which meant that he would have to leave Bjorn, his dog, behind.
when he said that there wasn't meant to be snakes in New Zealand she shrugged. "It's a magic school. there are weirder animals here. It is probably someone's pet or maybe making a bid for freedom from professor summers' class" she said, the thought of animals making a bid for freedom from classes was funny. if she was an animal she would want too excape from professor Styx or summers class as it would mean that you would not be yourself for long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back