Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Diana Holland)
Wand
Straight 16 Inch Rigid Pine Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Cole Dragonov waited down by the entrance for Diana Holland. He already let his feelings be known, though they were going to really talk about it at the dance. Cole was not the least bit nervous about it, since he was confident. He thought that he looked rather dashing himself, since this was brand new. The suit from last year did not fit since he grew a couple more inches. He thought that he was done growing since he was just over six feet now. He waited down at the entrance of the Great Hall for Diana to show. Knowing her, Cole knew that he would be impressed. With her connections, she would likely pick the best sort of dress she could find. Cole did not think he could care what she wore, to be fair. She could wear a potato sack and he would enjoy it. Cole was also very attracted to her so he wouldn't care either way. Cole placed his hands into his pants pockets and waited for the lovely @Diana Holland to join him.

While Diana was excited to go to the dance with Cole, she was nervous too. She had been hurt in her previous relationships, and was now reluctant to start something else. Especially with a boy who would graduate at the end of the year, leaving her behind and possibly forgetting about her. But she couldn't help liking Cole, a lot, and she couldn't help hoping he would ask her to be his girlfriend at the dance tonight, even if she feared it too. Diana had taken a lot of care with her appearance, though she wouldn't admit it was for Cole's sake if someone asked. She felt nervous butterflies dancing in her stomach as she approached the entrance of the great hall, looking around for the older Slytherin. When she finally spotted him, her expression shifted into a smile immediately. She headed over to him, noticing once again how nice he looked in a suit that looked new. Immediately, her nerves were eased a little. "Hello," she said as she reached him. "You look nice." She added, looking at him approvingly. "Really nice." They would definitely make a nice looking couple, if she said so herself. But for once, she didn't really care if anyone noticed or if the people who ran Hogwarts Monthly wrote about them. She just wanted to have a nice evening with Cole.

Cole's eyes landed on Diana, and looked her up and down. Damn, she looked really good. Cole smirked to himself, kind of thankful that she would go with him, of all people, to this event. It might be his last Yule Ball. But, he wanted it to be one of a kind. Cole figured that he would go with the flow, since he had no real plans tonight besides enjoy the dance. "I pale in comparison next to you, Diana," Cole commented. He held out his arm for her to take so that he may lead her into the Great Hall. Elia did let him know what happened between the two, which honestly, he knew that they wouldn't get along. Elia was a wallflower. Diana was not. Cole wouldn't care what his siblings think anyway. That was the best thing for him anyway. "The only thing I regret is not being able to accompany you next year."

Diana felt her smile grow at her date's compliment, and her cheeks heated up a little too. She hoped it wasn't too obvious how pleased she was. Diana took Cole's arm and let him lead her into the great hall, glancing around to quickly see who she could spot. Alice was with her boyfriend, and she spotted Sapphire talking to a blonde girl. She then focused on Cole again, as he brought up the one thing that soured this evening a bit. The fact that it would be their first and last one together. Diana forced herself to smile instead of focus on the sinking feeling that brought to her stomach. "Well, we do have the Valentine's dance too." She paused, meeting his eyes. "Assuming we'll both want to go together after tonight." She said, both not wanting to presume he would want to, nor seem too eager about it herself. "Let's focus on having fun tonight, and seeing how many people we can make jealous." She added with a slight smirk, tightening her grip on his arm. Diana was determined to enjoy herself tonight.

Cole nodded, confirming that there still was the Valentine’s dance. However, not going with her was not an option. He had something to say about it, but he remained silent as she spoke of enjoying the night, and making people jealous. Cole chuckled, knowing that it mattered to her much more than it mattered to him. Making other people jealous was not his priority, but an added bonus if it did happen. Cole positioned himself so that he could dance with the fair maiden. He grinned, “As long as we look good enjoy ourselves, bring on the jealous people.” Cole led the two of them, having more practice than the previous dances. “Speaking of Valentine’s dance... Elia has a boyfriend, her twin is working on her guy, or vice versa. I rather not go there single, at least before Cordelia finds herself in a relationship. How sad would that be, if my little sisters find partners before their big brother? So, no, I wouldn’t want to go with you as my date, “ Cole paused for a moment, before smirking. “Rather, as my girlfriend.”

Diana allowed Cole to lead her into the dance, placing her hands on his shoulders as she looked up at him. He was quite a bit taller than her, which she liked. "True." She said, smiling a bit. Diana wasn't entirely sure what to expect from him when he brought up the Valentine's dance, as he started to talk about Elia and his other sister, which made Diana raise her eyebrows slightly in surprise. "I didn't know you had another sister." She muttered, almost to herself. Cole's family was one thing Diana wasn't entirely secure about. She knew it was a big pureblood family, and that wasn't something she was very well-versed in. Her mother had never put any stock into purebloods, their rules, and how they were interconnected, and Diana didn't know much about it. She hoped that Cole's family wasn't very strict, as she doubted they would approve of her if they were. But Diana couldn't focus on that too much, as for a moment she was frozen when he said he didn't want to go with her as his date, only to relax when he asked her to be his girlfriend instead. Diana's heart started beating faster, and she lightly hit his shoulder. "You have to stop doing that." She said, though it was clear she was relieved. He'd made a similar joke when she had asked if he liked her a little bit. But then it really sank in what he was asking, and Diana grinned. There was still a part of her that wanted to be cautious, but it was easy to ignore in this moment. She nodded before she really knew what she was doing. "I'd like that." She said, before leaning in to kiss him softly.

Cole bit his lip when she said that she didn't know that he had another sister. In fact, he had several. Cole chuckled, "Oh, right. Elia is a twin. Cordelia is older. I have younger siblings not yet in school. Terenzio and Aubrie. My mom just gave birth to another girl, Lorena. Mom remarried a while back, to another man." Cole didn't even want to get started on his aunts and uncles. The Romanes/Cardosi side weren't too bad, but his dad's side was a little complicated to say the least. He really did not want to go into that unless he had a family reunion came along and then he would introduce her to others, but hopefully, that would never happen. Cole laughed as she lightly hit him, and said that he had to stop doing that. "Why? When your reaction is always hilarious when I do it?" The Slytherin stopped laughing soon enough, as it sank in. She said yes, essentially and leaned in to kiss him. Of course, Cole closed the distance to seal with a kiss. He broke it after a moment. "Shall I get us some drinks to celebrate?"

Diana's eyebrows raised in surprise as Cole explained about his siblings. She was quiet for a moment, and then laughed. "You actually beat me in the siblings department, I wasn't expecting that." She said with a slight shake of her head. "I have four sisters, and one is also a baby." Though Lucy was nearly two already, time was really going fast. Diana couldn't be angry about his joking manner, and she couldn't help finding it cute. "Alright, but don't be surprised if I do it to you in return." She said with a slight smirk. As Cole suggested him getting drinks, Diana's grip on him tightened for a bit. "Let's both get drinks together." She said, as she didn't really want to separate right now, even for a moment to grab drinks. As she untangled herself from their dancing position, Diana made sure her hair was still properly in place. She then glanced at Cole with a hint of uncertainty. "Actually, while we do. Can I ask you something about your family?" While she was elated to be together with him now, she had a bit of worry about this. "Truthfully, would many of them disapprove of me?" She knew that some pureblood wizards and witches would want their children to date only other purebloods, a terribly medival concept in her opinion. She was wondering how likely she was to run into that. "I mean, seriously disapprove of me. Not like your sister." She clarified, as she didn't take Elia's opinion that seriously.

Cole chuckled as she said that he beat her in the siblings area. Though, she had four sisters. All girls. He felt sorry for her dad then, since he was the only male in the house. And imagine when the monthly came in and they synced up. Cole could barely handle his own sisters during that time. "So, they might be going to school here around the same time. That is pretty cool, eh?" Lorene was still an infant, from what he could guess, since he hasn't remembered her birthday yet. Cole forgot everyone's birthday, so it came as no surprise. Cole gently nudged Diana as she said not to be surprised if she did it to him as well. He was about to stick his tongue out, but realized that he wasn't six anymore. Cole led the two of them toward the drink table, and her question hit him like a ton of bricks. Some of them were the types that preferred purebloods dating purebloods, and some were not like that. Cole frowned, as he poured two cups, since he was going to need a drink before explaining. "Right, um. My mom and her siblings weren't raised to dislike anyone regardless of status. My aunt even married a Part-Veela, though that broke up. Same with an uncle. Actually most have failed marriages..." Cole took another sip, before setting down his cup. "Okay, so easiest way to explain this is to break it down into families. Romanes side isn't prejudice, but Cardosi is. That is my mom's parents. Her husband Derrick is also prejudice, but he ain't my dad so I give zero f**ks about what he thinks. My dad's side of the family, Dragonov and Khamidouline are also like that, with Khamidouline being prejudice, and Dragonov not. My dad's parents split because of my grandfather's cheating ways. So, overall, it is just half and half. Mom doesn't care about status. My siblings don't either. I wouldn't show you to the Cardosi side, even if you were my wife because of how much I can't stand them. My dad's side, it depends on who." Cole thought that was enough information, though he quickly added, "But, take into consideration that I don't care if they approve of you or not. They aren't the ones dating you, I am."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back