Anywhere is fine. Trust me

Artemis Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Descending down the long staircase of the North Tower, the Slytherin sighed. Artemis just delivered a letter to her parents to share with them the experiences she's handling right now at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy. The letter was rubbish, since it was short and all that. But Arty didn't seem to mind. In fact, she felt a bit relieved to remind them that she was safe in the castle and wrote there that they must worry about nothing.

Heading back to her common room was a bit of a bore. No one was to be found there and it was terribly silent. Well, there were some people there, but Artemis didn't know them because they were a lot older than her. Being a first year could sometimes be a burden because you're still in the stage where you meet friends, enemies, crushes and your new professors. Artemis plopped herself in the couch to relax and stare blankly into space.

Sighing in defeat, she stood up and walked out of the Slytherin common room. She stayed there for exactly 36 minutes and 8 seconds. The youngest students who were there were about third years and they were playing Wizard's chess. There was only one place where she could stay peacefully and enjoy it's scenery; The Rosebush.

Again, she walked lazily to her destination. She looked across the windows and saw people in the Pitch flying slowly just 10 feet above the ground. Artemis chuckled since she can fly 3 times higher than that. She doubted if she could go higher than 50 feet so she remained only between thirty of forty feet only above the ground. Finally reaching the Rosebush, she filled her lungs with the fresh breeze. The sun was still out that time around 4:30 in the afternoon. She looked around and spotted a tree with a lots of leave to provide a powerful shade. She walked over there and sat down, her back leaning against its trunk. Looking around, she wondered if there were any people who would visit the Rosebush at the same time. If there was a person about her age, she would immediately go to her/him and make a conversation.
</FONT>​
<FONT font="New Times Roman">

OOCOut of Character:
Just made a new style for the first letter of each paragraph. I am so awesome. :woot:

Laura was tired after she read lots of books in the library, so she decided to go to the Rosebush. She walked sadly because she misses her twin brother, Edward. "He should not wait for two years before he study here..." she told to herself.
10 minutes before she reached the Rosebush. She was really tired so she sat under the tree. She looked up in the sky and smiled, as she remember her brother that they always looking up in the sky, wishing they could fly very high. "I wish I'm one of the Ravenclaw team in Quidditch, but I'm too busy with my studies." she sighed, "Well I think Edward would play Quidditch..." Then after 3 minutes she feel so bored, then she saw a blonde hair girl sitting on the same tree beside her. Then she introduced herself, "Hello, I'm Laura. You're seem so lonely, can I join with you here?" she smiled sweetly.

Smiling, she scooted over to one side for the girl to sit. "Of course. I'm Artemis by the way." Artemis introduced, holding out a hand for the girl. Looking over her robes, she had the Ravenclaw crest on it. Also, the girl didn't seem to be Arty's age, which was alright with her anyways. "So, you're a Ravenclaw eh? Are you a 2nd year?" She asked. Artemis noticed that almost all the people that she was meeting were second years. When the girl responded, the blonde witch nodded. "I'm a first year. Slytherin." She told Laura. </FONT>
<FONT font="Times New Roman">

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it's short. :p

"Oh" Laura said, "I just saw you on a Quidditch game last semester. Well, is that you?" Laura doesn't sure if Artemis was one of the players in Quidditch.

Laughing, Artemis shook her head to perform a "No." response. Well, she wished she could be part of the team. But since first years aren't allowed, she could not try out. Pity that they couldn't allow firsties because there are a lot who would want to try out for it. Ever since the first week of her stay in Hogwarts, she has heard many complaints about this. "Maybe next year, I'd try out for a Keeper." She shrugged. "You? Are you obsessed with Quidditch?" Artemis asked the girl. From all the people she has met, almost most of them love Quidditch. She didn't understand why people don't like Quidditch. It was the best sport of all time in her opinion. Not like the Muggle sports when you shoot a ball into a hoop not really similar to theirs in Quidditch.

OOCOut of Character:
No worries. :D

Laura realized that she's obsessed with Quidditch, "Yes I am," she replied, "but I'm too busy to study my lessons that's why I didn't join the team." After saying that, she wished that she's one of the Quidditch team. "When my father was studying here, Harry Potter was the most excellent Quidditch Seeker since he was a first year student. Tell me, who's your favorite Quidditch Seeker?" she asked.

The response that the Ravenclaw gave the young Slytherin made her smirk. Not the usual kind of cold smirk the Slytherins do when they're about to win a debate but the more playful smirk. It was not unusual for a Ravenclaw student to say this since they're the most witty people in Hogwarts. "Busy? I bet your top priority are you studies." Artemis joked, at the same time winking at her. Ravenclaws really prioritize their stuff. Ravenclaws are totally different from the snakes. "I guess Harry Potter too. His pretty cool." Still at this moment, Artemis was curious about her background. She didn't even know if this girl is a Muggle or a Pureblood or maybe just like her; a Halfblood. "So, are you Muggle? Or a Halfblood?" She asked shyly.

Laura laughed when Artemis joked her. Suddenly the girl answered Laura's questioned about who is her favorite Quidditch Seeker and Laura was delighted, "Me too, I like Potter!" she said, smiling. Ever since Laura really like Harry Potter when she was four years old, same as her twin brother who was obsessed with those stuffs and players. The sun is starting to rise, as the sign that it was 10 am when Artemis asked her if she's a Muggle or a Half-Blood. "Half-Blood. My father was a Pureblood wizard while my mother is a Muggle witch." she explained, "What about you?"

Laughter went out of the Ravenclaw's lips after Artemis made a joke about her priorities. Instead of laughing along, she grinned widely to show her amusement. Good thing that this girl didn't really take it too seriously like the other Ravenclaws would do. This really annoyed Artemis since it was just a joke, obviously. But then, this person wasn't the serious type. She was a cool and easy Ravenclaw and Artemis liked that.

Quidditch. The subject shifted there. Specifically to it's positions in the team and its former players.
"He's great isn't he? I also like James Potter." She said. "After all, Harry got his Seeker skills from him, don't you think?" Artemis knew that James Potter was said to be the Chosen One's father and Harry loved him dearly. It was a sad thing that his father died because Harry could have been guided more in the battle against the Dark Lord. "Halfblood too. My father is a wizard, Pureblood of course. While mum is a muggle. Father met her in the Muggle world while roaming around." Artemis drawled.

Laura thinks that Artemis is a friendly girl and she thinks that this girl would be her best friend. Laura got a best friend thrice but since they were studying to her previous school, each of her friends were transfered to the other school. But Artemis is studying at Hogwarts, she wouldn't transfer to the other school. Artemis said that Harry Potter got the skills from his father and Laura agreed with that. She explained also how her parents met, and Laura said, "My parents met here in Hogwarts. Was your father came from Slytherin when he was still studying here?"
OOCOut of Character:
I just edited it again... I was rushing all over last Saturday! :D

When the girl agreed with Artemis, she smirked. Artemis knew almost all people favored the great Harry Potter. His wondrous deeds have been known to all the witches and wizards around the whole world ever since he defeated the Dark Lord. Actually, he was known because he was [and will ever be] the only person who survived the actual killing curse. It was amazing, really. Artemis already read his whole biography and she really admired the boy.

Changing her position to a much more comfortable one [since her bones were already strained], she listened to the Ravenclaw. Understanding why she was Halfblood was explained and she nodded to show she was attentive and paying attention.
"Well, father was from Slytherin. Mother isn't from here. My parents met in the muggle world which means mum didn't study here." She replied. Artemis grinned when she asked Laura more about her parents' background. "You? What house did you parent's belong? I bet one of them was in Ravenclaw."

Laura was amused with this girl. She's really different than her old best friends she had met. "Yes. My father came from Gryffindor while my mother came from Ravenclaw." Laura replied. As the wind swept the whole place, the leaves flew to the air and the other one fell on Laura's hair, then she removed it. Laura changed the topic again, "Do you have a sister or a brother studying here in Hogwarts?" she asked.

The whole conversation seemed to get exciting and exciting, and no tension or awkwardness was in the air. It was a good thing that this Ravenclaw was an outgoing person since she was pretty open about her background. Nothing really stupid has happened yet and Artemis was almost sure that it won't happen. But her curiosity about this girl seemed to grow more and more every second since she found her very friendly. She might be well as a friend she thought.

For almost four seconds, the breeze blew mercilessly against them. It seemed funny because one of the leaves flew away and fell on the girl's head. Artemis couldn't help to hide her grin. Fortunately, no single thing from the tree went into her hair. Seconds later, Laura shifted the subject to another side of Artemis which was about; Siblings.
"No. Well, not currently." Artemis replied. "Though I have a sister. She'll be entering Hogwarts next year. She's just a year younger than me."

Alliyah Jackson was Artemis's younger sister. When people usually compare them, they refer to Alliyah as the "prettier one", or the "smarter one". Well, true that Alliyah was more intelligent than Arty but Artemis is more clever than her. Those two adjectives have differences anyways right? "You? Any siblings studying here? Or maybe in Beauxbatons or Durmstrang?" Artemis asked, just to get to know Laura better.

OOCOut of Character:
Just click the link to see Ally's profile. She's my other character. Also Artemis's sister. :p

"Yes I have. Twin." Laura replied. "Actually, my brother should be my classmate. But he waited for two years before he have to study here. He's busy with some sort of stuffs. I mean he's nerd but quite friendly." she explained.

Edward Bridge is Laura's elder twin brother. He is 30 minutes older than her and a bit taller.

The conversation was growing into something, and Artemis knew that. The more information she got, the more stuff she understood. It wasn't that she disliked this particular Ravenclaw. She seemed friendly unlike the others who were pretty snobbish when they meet a Snake. So, Artemis smiled about this fact.

"Really? Are you twins or something?" Artemis questioned. If they should be classmates, then they should be almost the same age. So most probably, they are twins. After Laura's response, Artemis asked another question. "So, what places do you like to travel to in the future?"

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry if it's really really short. >.<

Of course, Artemis would ask if Laura was really serious on what she's saying. Anybody would ask the same question, and Laura understands Artemis, about her question. "Serious." Laura replied, with a sweet smile, "Edward should be my classmate in this school year. But he chose to study first in the muggle world for his scholarship in our previous school. But he will study here after this school year." she explained.
Alas, the girl asked her what places does she like to travel in the future, which was Laura's favorite question. She loves to share her dreams. "Everywhere. Some places that are historical. But I like the most is Italy. What about you?" she asked.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the late reply...

The horizon that was just before their eyes caught Artemis attention. She turned her head towards it while listening to the other witch. A new friend was beside her, chatting confidently about her sibling. A twin was really unusual for Artemis since no one yet in her family has an offspring who are twins. To have a twin was an exciting thought since you have a person who just looks like exactly like you. That would be fun, Artemis thought absentmindedly.

Classmate? This year? Cool. Those were the three phrases that were inside Artemis's mind when she heard about Laura's twin should be her classmate.
"So, when you're a third year, he'll be entering Hogwarts if that's what you mean..." Artemis drawled again, bored. So, if her twin would come in Hogwarts next year, then he would be batch mates with Alliyah. His name was Edward, so he positively is a boy. As if he was a girl, Artemis joked herself. Her lips curled upward to form an amused grin but hid it immediately after a second. "Honestly, I just love exploring the castle. That's pretty much it." Artemis replied truthfully. Honestly, who person would ever stop exploring Hogwarts until they found out all its mysteries and secrets. No one would be able to resist, don't you think?

OOCOut of Character:
Busy with school, I bet. :r

The friendship of the two girls was getting better. They do not know each other but they were both friendly that could possibly that this witches would be bestfriends. Laura was really happy of having a new friend.

The topic change all over as the conversation go continously. Laura nodded when Artemis told her that her twin brother will be entering Hogwarts when she will be third year. Artemis also shared that she wanted to explore the castle. She suddenly noticed that why Artemis wanted to explore, because of the secret passageways that full of mysteries and Laura agreed with that. "Me too. I think it's full of mysteries and adventure." she said

OOCOut of Character:
Yeah right. What about you?

The young Slytherin tried focusing on what she would do later on. With the conversation flowing, her progress began to slow down since she was losing concentration. About time that she thought of it since it was almost dinner in a couple of hours. Did she have any more essays that were due very soon? Did she have some more meetings? All of those questions raced in her brain that added more to her worries. Damn these, she cursed mentally. Why were these questions adding up at the wrong time and wrong place? Something was indeed bothering her. Oh please, those problems about hiding their emotions were easy for the young witch. She has been doing these kind act ever since she gained control of her memories. Artemis raised her chin up and leaned more into the trunk of the tree. She sighed then closed her eyes for a few seconds then snapped it open again. It seemed that she didn't care about anything in the world. Good thinking. Also, it's about time she used those kinds of tricks. People would usually say that they would think she was reckless not knowing that her thoughts were deep, but her features looked calm and lazy.

Continuous was the word for their conversation. Flowing could be a synonym, if ever that would be acceptable. It just seemed like they weren't shy about their opinions and feelings to one another and to the subject they were fussing about. Traveling was trending, and it seemed a little boring for Artemis. She wanted to make their conversation blaze a little more. More of a spark, eh? Artemis just smiled when Laura agreed with her wholeheartedly [At least that's what Arty thinks]. Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardy was just extremely enormous that it is possible for you to get lost in the middle of a staircase, corridor or hallway. The secret passages that were somewhere deeper into the castle boosted Artemis urge to take the risk and explore them. Who wouldn't? Unless you were a lazy toothpick lounging anywhere and everywhere.
"Too bad that they rebuilt it here. I rather prefer to study in Hogwarts Scotland because that's where it originated." If the war just didn't occur, Artemis would still be remaining in United Kingdom. But fate changed everything when it was destroyed when the battle happened in the grounds.

What happened to the remains there? The rubble and dirt that were produced? Were they gone? Artemis wondered silently at the same time listening to Laura's reply. Well, Hogwarts New Zealand looked almost exactly the same as the old creation. But Artemis knew a difference which is that there was a shark in the lake together with a squid. How could those two live together? Disgusting, honestly. She never saw a shark swim around the windows of the Slytherin common room ever since she set her foot there.
"Where did your family originate? I bet they also went to Hogwarts Scotland before it was demolished by the war." Artemis wondered aloud, causing Laura to hear it and expectantly answer it. The look on Artemis face was unreadable but the truth is just that she wanted to make the conversation better. She was also hoping that Laura would ask more questions to make it more interesting.

OOCOut of Character:
Same. I'm coping up though. Sorry for the late reply. :correct: :doh:

Laura listened to Artemis as she answered all her questions. Laura seemed that they were already sharing their interests. Of course, new friends should do that. Laura nodded about Artemis said that she wanted Hogwarts in Scotland than here, because that's the original one. Everyone wants that.

When the Slytherin girl asked Laura if her family studied in Hogwarts in Scotland, Laura said, "yes". Laura's family has a dissimilar in house they belong. Not just Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, but they've got members of the family that they were belong to Slytherin and that was her father's side. Her father belongs to Gryffindor, where he got his skills to her mother, the bravery. While his father's father became one of the Slytherin and that one became one of the Death Eaters. Just like her mother's side, her mother's father belong to Slytherin likewise to her father's father became one of the Death Eaters too and they had more relatives that belong to Voldemort's allies. But many of them escaped from Voldemort's hands until the war ended. Laura's other relatives is now in freedom. That's how Laura remembered what her father and mother told her the story. It was one minute she remembered that, forgotten the girl beside her. After one minute, she already noticed the girl. It looks like a tragedy to remember about those things that her father and mother told her. Forget it. Laura thought.

Laura changed the topic again.

"By the way, have you ever played Wizard Chess?" Laura asked.

The Slytherin never actually realized that this girl just right beside her was conversing with her, even if she knew that she was a Slytherin. Slytherins were considered to be very mean and quite hostile, but deep down they are just misunderstood by the people surrounding them. Artemis knew all of these, since some people tend to think about their house wrongly which offended Artemis in someway. Being in the Slytherin house was a great honor for it seemed like Salazar Slytherin has excepted you to belong with him, even if the blood of the person had a mixture of muggle blood already. But nowadays, that kind of fact was acceptable since purebloods are very rare. Not as rare as the dragon but rare as in like not usual. Not similar and common, in simple terms. The purebloods in the Slytherin house could sometimes be quite mean, yet they contain the same misunderstanding people have given them as an identity. Some purebloods though, are muggle lovers which are really awesome. They don't carry the old prejudice and racism that purebloods had before against muggleborns which was actually offending. During the time of Harry Potter, that was where the purebloods were still cruel to muggleborn witches or wizards, thinking about them as their inferiors because of their blood. Artemis was a halfblood, so it wasn't really hard for her to reveal her actual blood status unlike others. Others who are afraid that they won't get accepted, thus resulting for lies to escape from their lips, stating that they are purebloods. But in the truth, they are all false.

Almost half of the school's population's family would have probably attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy there in Scotland. That is, if you aren't a muggleborn, then you're out of the survey that Artemis could have conducted ages ago. It would be useless in asking a muggleborn if ever they're family had visited Hogwarts Scotland. Obviously, the answer would be a no since their family is not magical. Not a single drop of magical blood is in them, hence they haven't been to Hogwarts Scotland yet. That was the original branch and the ever first branch that Hogwarts ever had an where the four founders had built it first. With the reply of the Ravenclaw student, Artemis relaxed more under the tree and enjoyed its shade being provided. There was no reply that was needed to be given, so Artemis knew that Laura would have know that she was already closing the topic without hesitation, thus making her decision decisive. There was a silence between the girls, which lasted for about a minute. But Artemis did not mind. Not at all, in fact. She took the advantage of clearing her mind with her thoughts that bamboozled her brain throughout the day. Artemis closed her eyes and rested them, ignoring the increasing heat by the sun. Usually, this was her time to reflect or think about the last minute problems she needed to solve. But since she had company, there was nothing to worry about right now. At least, currently. With another minute coming along, Artemis snapped her eyes open only to hear the girl's voice again with a sudden choice of a subject.
"Not really. I'm not fond with chess." Replied the 11 year old witch, recalling the memories she had with her sister trying to challenge her for a game. "Have you, anyways? It's quite challenging. I don't like challenging stuff."

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the mega late reply. Exams are coming, so yeah. Extremely busy. :doh:

It was already 11 am when the sun shone brightly more as it hits Laura's shoes that shined. "Oh." Laura replied after the Slytherin girl said that she's not fond with chess, "Yeah. I have played it once." Laura said when Artemis asked.

Laura felt hungry, so she pulled two Chocolate Frogs from her pocket which was Harry Potter's favorite. Laura loves it too! Before she ate her chocolate she showed her hand holding the Chocolate Frog to Artemis as a sign of giving it to her.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it took so long. I am so busy with my studies and try outs.

Artemis thought about the rules regarding chess mistakes. Honestly, she made no move in her entire existence to look up the rules about the game. She had more knowledge about the muggle chess more than the wizard's chess. To be honest, she only applied the rules of muggle chess while talking to a person who is currently indulged with wizard's chess. It was actually unusual for her to talk to someone about wizard's chess. Throughout her childhood, Artemis focused on flying the most. She spent all her afternoons flying in her house's backyard. She spent most of her time asking her father about what the rules in Quidditch are. She wanted to be alone whenever the wind was strong so that she could fly easily and undisturbed. Flying is a hobby of Artemis. "Pretty cool." Answered Artemis very casually with a bored expression on her facial features. Her second year in Hogwarts will be coming up and she let her thoughts drift towards those expected events that will happen. Will she discover some enemies for herself? As if I care, Artemis thought with a lazy look on her pale features.

Chocolate wasn't really going to be an option for Artemis. Especially on this warm afternoon that they were experiencing. Instead of accepting the offer, Artemis simply declined with a wave of her hand. Artemis wiped the sweat coming forming on her forehead. Beads of it were starting to multiply. Artemis spontaneously leaned forward, as if getting ready to prepare flight.
"I'll see you around dinner, Laura. You really kept me company." Artemis said while flashing a grin. The Slytherin winked casually at her before jogging across the rosebush that meant bidding farewell to Laura who was her second Ravenclaw friend in her first yer life in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

While Laura was listening to the Slytherin girl she saw plenty of owls flying in the sky. Hoping her owl, Winter came and drop a letter to Laura's lap.

Later on, Artemis leaned forward and thanked Laura from keeping her company with a smile. "Anytime." Laura replied with her sweet smile. See you around dinner. Laura heared it before Artemis thanked and leave. "See ya." she added. Laura watched Artemis walked away when a letter dropped on her lap and a snowy owl stood on her shoulder. It was Winter. "Oh, mom answered back." Laura thought, standing up while trying to open the letter. "C'mon Winter, let's go back to the dormitory, I have butter biscuits for you." she smiled. She strode away. She had a great time talking to her new friend, Artemis. It was nice meeting her. Laura thought to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back