Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Swishy Walnut Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Ava was both relieved and incredibly nervous to be home. She sighed as she walked in the door. She wanted this to be her home. She really did. But... she couldn't go on like this anymore. She walked upstairs and gathered a few things from her room. If this didn't go well... she would be staying at Vader's again. She went into the kitchen and dropped her bag by her chair. She gathered a pair of glasses and filled them both with orange juice. She had just set the cup of coffee by her dad's glass when the front door opened. That would probably be him. She swallowed nervously and moved over to her chair, flipping it around and straddling the back of it as she sat facing the doorway. "Dad?" She called, glad her voice didn't shake. She could do this.

Avarian came home after a very long meeting at work. He was beyond exhausted and all he wanted was a bottle of beer. Heck, even two. Instead, he popped just in front of their house and entered through the door. The girls would be home for the holidays and the man was glad that they were getting along well. Soon as he shrugged off his work coat, Ava's voice from the kitchen. Surprised that she was early and without any pranks, he called back. "Yeah, sweetheart?", making a beeline for the kitchen. On the table were orange juice and a cup of coffee. Avarian dropped a kiss on her head. "How's my little girl?", he smiled as he took a seat just next to her.

Ava's heart skipped a beat as Ian hurried in. She swallowed nervously as he sat down. "I... don't know yet. Emily will be here in a few hours." She answered honestly. "I... we need to talk first." She stood, pacing a little as her nerves started to get the best of her. She had a hard time looking at him. "I know I've been really... weird?" She winced at the wording but continued on anyway. "I just... ugh, how do I say this?" She pulled a chair out and sat back down, running her hands through her hair.

"Dad," She managed, her voice shaky, "I need to know why. You left me. You left her. It's like... we weren't enough. I don't... did you even know? How could... I just, I can't..." She swiped at her eyes and looked away, crossing her arms over her chest. "I can't do this." She whispered brokenly. "I can't sleep. I'm always so... so angry at everything. I just... I know you'll leave us- no, leave me. Again. I've been so scared. You just... please?" She didn't even know if she was making sense anymore, but she was crying. Her heart hurt so bad. She cursed under her breath and doubled over in her seat, scrubbing her hands across her face, trying hard to hide her tears. She couldn't cry in front of him. She'd promised herself, but she couldn't help it.

Avarian nodded at Ava's answer as to Emily's whereabouts. It was good of Charlotte to let the girl stay with him during the holidays before the next semester started. However, Ava started to say something, her voice was shaking. "Honey, I-", he started when strings of words came out of her mouth. His forehead creased and started to understand where there was all coming from. Ava was terrified he would leave again. He stood up and knelt on the ground to level with her. She may be thirteen but she was still a little girl. "Ava, I thought we had this talk already. I know Emily was not in the picture at that time but nothing changed. You, you will always be my little girl.", he started. Parting the hair from her face, he gave him a soft smile. "I left. I left because I was just a photographer. A nobody who was struggling to make a life for my wife and newborn baby girl. You and your mom, you both deserved more than what I could offer.", Ian admitted. He had kept it for so long that unknowingly already affected his family, especially his firstborn. "Emily - she was a wonderful kid. Like you, I left her and Charlotte, her mum. Like before, I was afraid that I could not be the provider that my family deserved.", he exhaled, looking down the floor. "I left and strived to make a living as a photographer. When I did, I looked for you.", he looked at her again, cupping her cheek. "I found you. Eventually, fate intended that I found Emily too. And I would never ever leave the two of you again. No matter what.", he firmly said, his eyes misty.

Ava put her hand over Ian's, sniffling. She was still crying, there was no help for it. "Okay, but..." She shook her head a little. "How could you just... go? If you knew about me, if you knew about Emily..." She bit her lip to keep it from quivering. "There were no letters, no calls, nothing. You were nothing but a picture until Mama died. How could you just... forget me like that?" She met his gaze for the first time, hoping he didn't see the uncertainty and trepidation in her eyes. "I just... I can't lose you. But it- it was so easy for you to disappear before. I... how do I know you won't decide it's for the best and leave me alone again?" She whispered, not letting go of his hand. Part of her was sure that if she let go of him again, he would fade away.

Avarian really let his tears fall now while listening to Ava. His girl had matured quickly because of what he did and what happened to her mother. "Honey, I knew about you. I held you in my arms the moment you arrive. I just have to...go. For lack of words, I let my drive for fame cloud my decision to stay with my new family.", he explained, stroking her cheek, wiping the tears away. "With Emily, I did not know about her. I did not know that her mum was already carrying her when I was assigned to another location.", he stopped, unsure how to continue."We - her mom and I - fought when I told her that after the next shoot, I am planning to go home. Not to her, but to you and your mother. She got angry, shut me out, and did not tell her about the new baby.", he sighed, all these draining him but Ava had to know.

At Ava's terrifying question to which he thought he would never have an answer, Ian felt relieved that now he finally had. "How would I know? It's simple.", he grabbed her hands, engulfing the small into his own big ones before continuing, "Because you...", he tapped her nose, "and Emily are the best that have happened to me. And why on earth I took this Ministry job.", he laughed, pinching Ava's cheek as well.

Ava listened as her father spoke. To her surprise, what he said actually seemed to make sense. She was a little startled when he took her hands in his. He boopede her nose and pinched her cheek. She laughed when he did, though that laugh turned into a sob. She just felt so relieved. It was like someone had lifted a mountain off of her. She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around her dad's neck, burying her face in his neck and sobbing. "I'm so sorry Daddy." She managed after a bit. She still felt hurt, but... She wasn't afraid anymore. She wanted to believe in him. She just.... Felt awful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back