Another Question! Sorry! :)

Samantha Jacobs

55' grad 🎓 | biggest heart ❤️ olivander's asst.

OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
ren
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence Of Sphinx Remains
Hi! So I was wondering what each grade mean (O, E, etc). I think I learned it a while ago, but I completely forgot! Thanks! :)

Solution
They're the grades used in Harry Potter:

HIgh to low
O - Outstanding
E or EE- Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable
P- Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

You will usually get an O for a lesson, though you can get an E or A depending on how well your character does / how long your post is in some classes. If you don't do a class, you automatically get a P. This isn't the end of the world, you get an average grade at the end of a semester out of all your grades.

So if you do a few lessons that get an O, but also don't do a few other lessons of the same subject. You'll probably end up with an A or E average at the end of the year.

Also, you don't tend to get lower grades (D or T) unless you ask for it specifically I believe.

Hopefully...

HIgh to low
O - Outstanding
A - Acceptable
P- Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

You will usually get an O for a lesson, though you can get an E or A depending on how well your character does / how long your post is in some classes. If you don't do a class, you automatically get a P. This isn't the end of the world, you get an average grade at the end of a semester out of all your grades.

So if you do a few lessons that get an O, but also don't do a few other lessons of the same subject. You'll probably end up with an A or E average at the end of the year.

Also, you don't tend to get lower grades (D or T) unless you ask for it specifically I believe.

Hopefully that helps!

Solution

HIgh to low
O - Outstanding
A - Acceptable
P- Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

Hopefully that helps!

Thank you so much!! It helped a lot! :)

Just to add on, anything above a D counts as a pass (and yes you'll only get failing marks if you specifically ask a professor for them) but once you get into the upper years (fifth onwards) some subjects have grade requirements to continue on, so it's a good idea to check for requirements once you reach that level and make sure you're getting the grades you need!

Don't be sorry for asking questions!
As a note - this is mentioned in the Unsorted FAQ which, if you haven't had a chance to read yet, it along with our other site documentation should be helpful in answering other questions you may not even know you have yet! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back