Another Nail in an otherwise perfect coffin...

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda sat eating her meal in silence, there were plenty seated about her but it was as if they simply weren't there. She had a lot on her mind, sometimes too much. As she lifted her head to look at the influx of owls issuing mail to all and sundry she looked across to the Slytherin table, hoping beyond hope to catch sight of Crispin when Legend flew past dropping a letter down to her. She stared at Bruin's owl, it had been a long time since he had written to her and she could only hold the letter in her hand for a short while before opening it. Her fingers shook, she didn't understand why all his letters were the same dismissive platonic dribble and this would be no different. But she should have known to listen to her instincts, the first line alone was enough to cause her to frown...
Letter from Canada said:
My Love My Life,

I'm sorry.. there I've said it. I'm sorry. A thousand times over I am sorry. I tried believe me I have tried to put distance between us hoping that it was enough to let you get on with your life but it's no good. I know we broke up with all the intentions of staying friends, always at the back of my mind it was so that when you eventually graduated we could pick up again from where we left off. It was wrong of me to expect this from you. I know that now and I don't want to keep you waiting any longer. Forgive, Andy tell me that you forgive me. I love you and I want us to be together. I am coming back to New Zealand at Christmas, visions of kissing you under the mistletoe are what are keeping me going right now. Actually visions of you are what have been keeping me going all along. I hope you got the photograph of us, I found it ages ago and never got to tell you that I had it. I guess inside I knew I carried you with my everywhere and wanted you to know that I had treasured it, like I will do us from now. I promise. Let me know please if you're going back to the Gables or staying at the school for the holidays, so we can arrange something.

I can't wait to see you. I've missed you so much.
It's like my heart has finally come alive again.
I love you

Bruin

Andromeda let the letter slide from her fingers to the plate below. He had loved her... all this time he had still cared for her. Had thought that they would get to be together when she graduated. Why couldn't he have told her that all along? Her eyes went to the Slytherin table briefly before looking down at the letter again. She had given up on love. Had not believed in it enough to hope and now it was too late. She felt nothing any more for Bruin other than liking him as she once had, another big brother. She had been so cruel to Kat and Kiera but they hadn't given up, they had been confused, unsure of their feelings and now Kiera and Alex were stronger than ever, though Kat and Sumner it would seem weren't meant to be. Not if the rumors about him and Lily were to be believed but Andromeda had thrown it all away. She stood up from the table in a daze. No wonder she didn't deserve Crispin, no wonder she wasn't good enough for him. She wasn't good enough for anyone.

Bruin was coming back, thinking he was coming back to the fun loving, fiery red head he had left behind but she was long gone, replaced by a shell. The letter she knew she would have to write to him would be the hardest she had ever written. Like a zombie she left the table, walked from the Great Hall and up the stairs to Gryffindor House, Bruin's letter still in the midst of her half eaten dinner.

Fenton had clambered on to the bench beside Andromeda at the start of the meal, eating and chatting to the others around him not minding in the slightest that she was so quiet. It seemed to be the case of late and he didn't want to question what was wrong. He knew in her own time she would find himself and Aries and tell them. Of course in the mean time listening to the rumors about her around the school were getting harder and harder. Only the day before Aries had to drag him off two Slytherins who were calling her all sorts of names. He had a black eye for his efforts but the other guys came out alot worse and sporting a black eye was not something to be ashamed of.

He watched as the owls came down smiling as he received another package from home, turning to show it to Andromeda he saw her face pale considerably as she read a letter. He continued to watch wondering if it was from Essie and if it were bad news. Slowly she rose from her seat, like someone in a trance.
"Andy? Andy you ok?" he turned to look at her leave but she either never heard him or took no notice. He turned around in his seat once more and noticed she had left behind the letter. Picking it up he couldn't help but read first who it was from and on reading it was from Bruin, wondered then why she was so down. Fenton began from the start and could only utter one word.
"sh1t!"

Aries happened to be finishing up his own meal when he glanced over at the Gryffindor table to see Andromeda stand up. There was something not quite right about her movements, if he didn't know any better he'd have mistaken her for a ghost. Turning to some of his house mates that he had been chatting with, he walked over to the other table and sat down beside Fenton, giving the other Gryffindors a slight wave and nod of his head.
"What's up?" he looked at the letter his friend had just finished and raised an eyebrow at the expletive, the only thing left for him to do was to take the letter and read it himself. It wasn't long before he was exclaiming the very same thing though.
"Should we go after her?" he kept his voice low wondering whether she'd need her space or not. He knew she was like a powder keg the last few months because of her breakup with Bruin and had been of the mind that she would have welcomed a letter like this at the beginning of the year but he knew Andromeda enough to know that after her attentions to other boys about the school, she would think herself unworthy, below Bruin, nothing more than crap at the end of the barrel. He scratched his head trying to figure out their next move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back