Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Lumio was smiling as he wandered around the school, it was good to be back at the place, but it did make him miss home a little, well, Italy, but it wasn’t too bad. He liked Hogwarts and it was a fun enough place that he wasn’t struggling over finding things to do. The gryffindor had been a little bored, admittedly, while everyone else was focusing on school work, he had been far less interested in that and had instead decided he would focus on his guitar. He didn’t play nearly as often as he knew he’d like to or that he had prior to Hogwarts, but now that he had a little time and was a little bored, seemed opportune. He’d found a little corner of the courtyard, where the sun was shining and keeping him warm, and his fingers strummed at the guitar as his feet were propped up by the stone bench he was sat on. His hands and fingers moved with some practice ease across the strings. He wasn’t playing anything in particular, just running through chords and scales, making little tunes both major and minor. The gryffindor was sure there were other things he was supposed to be doing, but he was much happier to just do this.

Lucas had been happy to return to Hogwarts, as there was still so much to discover and learn here. The boy was glad that they had new and different subjects this semester, and he was looking forward to learning new things. He also hoped to find new cool things around the castle, like secret passageways or rooms. The boy had been on his way to the arts room, because he hadn't really taken a look around there yet, when he suddenly heard music. It was rare enough at Hogwarts, that he looked around until he spotted the source. It was a boy he recognized from his year, and Lucas headed over after a moment. "Hey... that's awesome." he told the boy, pointing to the guitar. "Do you know any songs?"

Lumio looked up when he finished the little tune that a student in his year approached him. He smiled and nodded, he strummed a little tune, he didn’t know how well this boy might know muggle tunes. He stopped his strumming again and reached out with a hand, ”I’m Lumio,” the gryffindor introduced, ”Is there anything you’d like to hear?” the boy asked, it wasn’t guaranteed that he would know what the song was or even if he did that he could play it, but he could at least try, if he then couldn’t then he’d just play something he knew instead. He hoped that it would be something that he could play, it would be good, he could be impressive to her, but it would also be fun to just play a little regardless of it.

Lucas grinned as the boy introduced himself as Lumio. He hadn't known his name, though it now sounded familiar. "I'm Lucas." He said with a slight nod. "Oh, uh, no." He shrugged. "I think anything would be kind of amazing, I've never played any instrument really." He shrugged again, then paused. "Oh, do you know magic songs? Wait, is it a magic guitar?" His eyes went wide. "Is it?" Lucas hadn't quite figure out how to tell if something was magic, so every object was a suspected magical object.

Lumio grinned happily as the boy introduced himself as Lucas, ”Good to meet you Lucas!” the Gryffindor said, he gave the little strum of the guitar and then smiled, ”I don’t know any english magical songs, you mean like songs written by magical people right?” Lumio asked him, since that was exactly all he knew, he knew some muggle songs in english and magical songs in italian. That was it. ”It’s not a magical guitar, it’s a muggle one, but its better to have a muggle one!” he told him boldly, it wasn’t always that Lumio would proclaim magic worse but on this occasion he would. On this occasion it was right.

Lucas grinned at Lumio, then shrugged when he said he didn't know any English magical songs. It was a shame, but he was happy with any music. "Yeah, I guess that's what I mean." He confirmed. "I don't really know what sort of magical music there is." He paused when the boy said a muggle guitar was better. "Why is a muggle guitar better?" He asked, tilting his head. "What's the difference?"

Lumio strummed the guitar a few times shifting between the different chords that he felt most confident with. He was a little relieved that the boy didn’t want him to play some magical piece he was fair more confident with his muggle songs. At the question he gave a little shrug, ”I don’t really know, it’s what my mother always said, that a magical guitar was just not as good”!” he could never be certain what that meant but he had believed her, if only because he was learning from a muggle guitar and he thought it was the best way of doing it. He played a small chord and then continued to play lightly, it wasn’t a known song, not one with lyrics to sing along to, but a little tune for his guitar. Something to half show off to Lucas, and the other because he just liked playing it and sometimes he just really liked playing.

Lucas nodded at the boy's words, though he was a little disappointed he didn't get more of an actual explanation. He debated asking him to ask his mother, but decided that would be a bit strange. As the boy continued to play, Lucas staretd to sway in place a bit to the music. Then he sat down next to Lumio. "Do you play often?" He asked him, looking at the way his fingers moved over the strings. "And how did you learn? Was it your mother?" Since she seemed to have knowledge about guitars, Lucas figured that was likely.

Lumio could appreciate that Lucas was swaying to his little tune. It was nice to know that he played well enough for people to dance to and he was always looking to get just that little bit better. The gryffindor nodded, ”I don’t play that often,” he replied, ”Not since coming to Hogwarts, theres so much else to do here,” he stopped playing for a moment as he spoke, purely to be able to gesture slightly with his hands. He shook his head, ”One of my older cousins taught me,” he said, ”Ma doesn’t know how to play but she likes listening to me play,” he had a little tune he liked to play for his mother, something when she wasn’t feel great something which usually helped her feel better. He played a few little chords from it, playing just a tiny bit of what was essentially a lullaby for a moment before moving to something more upbeat. ”Do you play?”

Lucas nodded in agreement when Lumio said there were plenty of other things to do here. "Yeah, I know what you mean." He said. "I used to spend all my time playing games or reading, but here at Hogwarts I feel like I can just explore all day. Or look up awesome spells." He said with a small sigh. Unfortunately, those spells were often way too advanced for him, but that didn't mean he couldn't dream. "That's so cool, is your cousin magic too?" He asked Lumio curiously. At the boy's question, Lucas shook his head. "I don't, I like to sing a bit but not like... for real." He admitted a little shyly. "I don't play any musical instruments." He did like music a lot, and did like to sing along when he was alone, but he'd never really expressed an interest in playing an instrument.

Lumio nodded at Lucas, ”What sort of games did you play?” he asked, perhaps there would be some good idea for him too. Lumio was always looking for other things to do and more ways to entertain himself. Lumio didn’t quite get looking up other spells, because they were learning plenty now, but he knew every person was different and he knew he played guitar instead of doing any school reading. The boy nodded, ”Yeah, he goes to Beauxbatons though,” he said with a big smile. He was likely about the graduate soon too. He stopped his background mindless playing as Lucas said that he sung, ”Hey, any singing done is for real,” he told him with a stern but friendly tone, he didn’t want lucas to be shy about his singing, ”You could hum along with me if you want?” he offered, humming was not singing but that way they could have a bit of fun together with the guitar.

Lucas smiled. "Imagination games." He told Lumio excitedly. "Mostly Dungeons and Dragons with a whole group." He said, a little sad as he remembered how it had kind of fallen apart now. "It's a load of fun, if you can ever join a game." He told the boy, nodding eagerly. When the boy said his cousin went to another school, Lucas was immediately intrigued. "Oh, that's the French school right? The one that's coming here to play Quidditch against Slytherin, right?" He asked, excited to know actually know something about the magical world. He laughed softly as Lumio said any singing was for real, blushing a bit. He nodded and then nodded again. Shyly, he started to hum along with Lumio's playing.

Lumio frowned, ”Imagination games?” he had never heard of dungeons and dragons, well he could admit he’d certain heard of it, but he didn’t know anything about it. ”What is it?” he asked, he couldn’t help but be a little tentative about trying it out, thinking that he was unlikely to really enjoy it. The gryffindor would at least hear the other boy out about what it was before he made his final decision about it. He nodded at the question, ”They are though my cousin isn’t on the team, he’s not a sports guy,” Lumio said with a little shrug, ”maybe I’ll see you at the game though?” he didn’t know how interested Lucas was when it came to quidditch but he was hopeful that he was interested enough, maybe it would be someone to sit with during. Lumio got the impression as he played that Lucas was a bit nervous but it wasn’t like he was bad at it. Lumio could admit that he quite liked it. He tried his best to stay where he could imagine the was easiest to hum along with. Eventually though he did slow his playing to a stop, ”See, that was great!”

Lucas hesitated as the boy asked him what he meant. "Well, that's kind of what I call them." He said after a moment. "They're tabletop games, really. You don't know dungeons and dragons?" He asked him, tilting his head. "Well... its a game where you create a character, and someone else leads you and a few others through a story. You have stats and use dice to roll for your actions. I always played like an elf mage." He said eagerly. "And there's a bunch of cool spells, though that was all before I knew about real magic..." He said with a slight shrug. "It's better to do spells in real life rather than pretend. Even if they're pretty simple so far." He said. He was a little disappointed Lumio's cousin wasn't on the team, but nodded at his words. "Definitely!" He laughed as Lumio said his humming had been grade. "Everyone can hum." He said, shaking his head.

Lumio nodded, he thought the name was familiar but he didn’t know it. Certainly no one in his immediate friend or family circle had ever mentioned it, but as Lucas talked about it, he couldn’t help but think that it sounded cool. ”So, it’s like going on an adventure but there’s no real danger? You create it in your head?” he asked, he had an eagerness in his tone, it was clear he was very interested in it. He thought it would be fun. He wasn’t the sort of person who liked adventures all that much because they were usually outdoors and he liked being inside and not getting his clothes too dirty, so perhaps this could be something he could do. He could see why it might get less fun when the spells were nothing like the ones that you could do in school, but he thought it would still be fun to do. He shook his head at Lumio as he said that everyone can hum, ”Well yeah, but not everyone can hum well, you can hum well,” he told him. He thought that Lucas was being a bit hard on himself. But there wasn’t much he could do to really stop that. ”With time you’ll get even better, then you'll sing and then I won’t be able to keep up with your singing,”

Lucas nodded. "Exactly. It's like a story someone's telling, and you play as one of the characters and get to choose things." He said with a grin, it was nice to remember, and he could tell Lumio thought it was a good idea. "And since its all in your head, you can imagine things just how you want it." He said happily. "Before I knew about magic, I always just imagined magical things." He told him. "It's still strange that some of it is real." He told him. Lucas blushed a little as Lumio said he could hum well, ducking his head. "Uh, thanks." He said a little shyly. "I don't think that will happen, though. You play well." He said, glancing up at the boy again with a slight smile.

Lumio listened as Lucas told him exactly what it was like, though of course real magic was something they both had, that sort of thing sounded pretty amazing. ”That sounds cool!” he told him. He was a little more distracted by this game that Lucas knew to think much longer about his guitar, ”Come on, show me this game of yours, I want to learn how to play,” he told him, he got to his feet and began walking away, becokening Lucas to follow him.

Lucas smiled as Lumio said it sounded cool. He was glad this awesome guy with the guitar was interested in Lucas' hobby and thought it sounded cool. He was surprised as the boy asked him to show the game, but he quickly followed. "Oh, uh sure." He said, rushing after him. "I can't show you the game, but I have a guide and my dice I can show you." He said as he followed him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back