Arle
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Mallory
Setting:Gryffindor common room

Atkin was sulking by the fireplace,a book on his hand. He was supposed to be doing revisions to his Potions class but his mind was wandering. How could he keep his distance from Aliviah when they shared the same classes? He did not know how he could keep up this avoiding game and wondered if Aliviah was already decided on not to be with him. He groaned out loud as he closed his book and tossed it on the table in front of him. Ever since that moment,he had grown irritated at almost every thing. Lucca almost punched him when he snapped at Ember just because Em made a joke.

Ali was bored, she had done all her studying and yet, she was still bored. She'd visited the gardens to pick flowers for her dormitory but decided to bring them to all the Professors in the castle. Out and about, she went to the kitchen to bake some cookies and brought them in the common room. Everyone can feast to them if they all wanted. A plate of cookies and a piece of cookie in her mouth, Aliviah entered the common room and immediately spotted Atkin. Although the girl wasn't getting over him, she still approached Aktkin with caution just to offer him cookies. "Cookies? I heard they cheer you up." Aliviah with a cookie in her own mouth, all the things she had just said didn't made sense. That's when she just handed the plate to Atkin.

Atkin's head snapped up when he saw Aliviah approaching him with her baked cookies. Before,he would jump up to give her a hug and had some of her cookies after she took her hand to sit beside him. Those days were gone after she decided to walk away. He closed his eyes at this,not wanting to feel pain anymore.Soon enough, he heard her voice offering him cookies. He smiled bitterly at the mention of cookies cheering people up. "Not for me,Waldorf.",he snapped,grabbing his book as he stood up and brushed past her en route to his dormitory where he mentally smacked his head at how he treated the girl she loved.

Setting/s: Garden & Great Hall

It was Aliviah's weekly rose deliveries to her friends. It makes her happy to give them some colour in their lives, at least. As tension grew between her and Atkin. The roses was wrapped in a reddish paper and Ali was all smiles as she entered the Great Hall. Her group was in the Slytherin table this week, each week was different tables , although, it was only between Gryffindor and Slytherin. They weren't fascinated about stereotypical life at Hogwarts Scotland. Aliviah greeted her friends, a hidden wince occurred on her face. "Time for my rose deliveries to my great friends." The roses, which she truly meant to give to her friends, was the only thing she and Atkin could talk even if it is just for a little while. "Kin, this is yours." The Gryffindor girl was afraid to yelp. Thorns was still on the roses, she thought she couldn't feel the hurt anymore after Atkin but she was wrong. Aliviah waited for Atkin to take the flower.

The day Atkin dreaded came. Aliviah's weekly rose deliveries. He used to look forward to this so that he could be romantic to her without any suspicions from the girl. Not today. Tension got worse between them and he did not know if he could keep it up anymore. So here he was,at the Syltherin table with the others and Alivian was making her way toward them.She held out the rose meant for him and he even noticed that one of her fingers was on the thorn,already bleeding. He quickly,yet carefully,snatched the rose before grabbing her hand. "What the fudge,Ali?!Can't you be more careful?!",he waved his wand to charm the blood to stop and grabbed his napkin to wipe the excess. Out of habit,he kissed her fingers as if to will the pain away.He looked up to her eyes and that was when he realized what he had done. He dropped her hand slowly but abruptly.He stood up after wiping his face with the napkin,"I'll go ahead.See you guys later.",he left the table and the rose,brushed past Aliviah without acknowledging her. Shaking his head in frustration,he started to make his way out of the hall,away from her.

Aliviah was surprised when Atkin noticed her hands, it was already hidden from him and yet he still managed to see it. The guy was quick to pull her hands, she dropped the remaining roses on the floor as Atkin tend to her wounds. "I ... umm ..." Aliviah was out of words to say. She was just watching him do his thing and all of a sudden the Gryffindor girl can only hear silent as Atkin kiss her fingers. Aliviah was calm but her heart wasn't, once their eyes locked, worry was the only thing she could frame. She gazed away to look at her fellow schoolmates but then her hands were dropped so sudden and the last thing she knew was that Atkin was walking away without the rose she gave him.

She stood there until someone started throwing food at her and telling her she wasn't good enough for Atkin and that Atkin himself doesn't like her. It went on like that for a minute or for her, it took like forever. Aliviah shielded herself from incoming pastry and food, one even managed to levitate a jug of pumpkin juice dumped it on her. Not even her own friends can help her. ALiviah walked slowly away from the Great hall.

It was not even twenty seconds passed when Atkin heard jeering from where he came from.He looked back just in time to see Aliviah slowly backing away from the assault that came from their classmates and other students. The juice was the last straw and not even Lucca was quick to act on it. He could not blame the boy,it was sudden.
Acting on reflex,he ran back to where Aliviah was, with his wand out,wrapping his arms around her,waved a shield charm between them and the students. With Aliviah safe in his arms,he turned to face many faces who were surprised by what had transpired. He was breathing heavily,trying to control his anger at them."That's enough!No one,and I mean no one,will do that to the girl I love. Ever again.",his loud voice boomed at the great hall. Gasps went among many others who could not believe what he had said. He could not blame them. He confessed again,this time in front of many people.

He led Aliviah away from them to the gardens and sat her on one of the benches there. He started removing the scraps of food that clung to her clothes."You okay?",his voice still hard but concern seeping through.He asked this whole avoiding her eyed which he suspected were looking at him already.

It was the first time that there was no Atkin to protect her. Maybe she had gone so used to him there every time that she thinks she will still be saved. It felt like forever to get out of the Great Hall, she can still feel sticky liquids even mashed potatoes being thrown at her. Aliviah just wanted to collapse there and then but as if she'd suffer enough and Merlin had sent her an Angel. The Gryffindor girl heard that familiar voice, that voice she wanted to hear to say longer than just a hello or goodbye. The words he spoke rang through her ears like a delicate flower. She didn't believe he would say that in front of their schoolmates.

Atkin didn't had to prove his love to her by announcing it, this gesture of his, by saving her was enough for her to come back to him. Aliviah can endure pain. Aliviah looked around her surroundings after being taken out of the Great Hall. Lots of flowers around them, she heard Atkin talk again and that made her smile. "I'm okay as long as you are. Thank you." She caressed his cheek softly, missing that closeness they had before. Aliviah was afraid, she admit to herself, that Atkin might not do what he had just done a moment ago. Confess his feelings in front of other people. She figured now that he's not like any other, that he was meant for her. "Are you eating okay?" A very weird question she threw out there. Since it happened, Aliviah was stuck eating her dinner in her dormitory, she wanted Atkin to spend time with their friends rather him being on her shoes.

Atkin sighed as he let his guard down to feel Aliviah's caress his cheek. He wanted to keep his distance but how could he do it when fate kept crossing their paths. He wanted to stand up and leave her now that she was okay. However, he could not will himself to, not when they were this close and he had longed for her presence for long. Her smile. It was enough to let him go on for another day in misery. When Aliviah asked him a question on eating, he snapped out of the fantasy he was in. He straightened up, missing her hand on his cheek. "Yeah, I'll live.", he looked away, not wanting to crumble in front of the girl. "Listen.If you are feeling better,I can go now.Or I could accompany you to the common room. Or..",he trailed off,running out of excuses. "I'll..just..", he stammered,finally deciding to just turn and start walking away. Heavy footsteps,hoping that this time, Aliviah would just end this misery they both had and be with him.

The absence of him on her hand was the part she had forgotten about her promise to stay away but he didn't. Aliviah let her hand fall on her side, no smile was given. All she could think of was everyone know, she could denied the confession but who was she kidding? She loved the guy and will always do. The Gryffindor finally smiled as Atkin answered her question. But then he started again, stammering like a teenager asking a girl out. Should she act now? Stop him. But before she could talk or act, Atkin was already walking away. It was now or never. Aliviah stood up from the bench and ran after the guy who cared for her for years. As she approached him, Aliviah caught his arm and spun him around. "I'm not going to let you go ever again." Aliviah whisper. She cuffed his face and pulled him into a kiss.

The thought of going another day in misery was all in Atkin's head. He had already confessed,not only to Aliviah but also the school less the professors. He did not even care if they could also hear it as well. He had done nothing wrong.The look on Ali's face,her smile, and her touch. He had witnessed them all in a span of thirty seconds before he became an idiot again to up and leave her. One day. Someday.He would not wait for her to make the first move. He would stop all this nonsense between the two of them. When would it be,that he did not know.

He had stood up and left Ali on the bench and started to walk away. He mentally slapped his head while willing his tears not to fall. He settled for grabbing a hand on his hair as he took heavy steps away from the cause of his happiness and pain. He had only gone twenty or so steps when he was yanked back by hands he knew so well.With a shocked expression,he was whirled and found his lips connected by another pair that he had grown to taste again. Surprise turned to happiness as he let his arm wound around Aliviah's face while the other cupped her head,pulling her closer to him. He responded with more care and passion than those he had shown her before.

A minute or so passed and Atking gently broke the kiss. Leaning his forehead on hers,he gave her a heart stopping smile. "Wanna go somewhere and talk?Or how about the kitchens?",he teased softly. He was referring to his promise that they would go to the kitchens before things ended badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back