Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah had hesistated to write her family since she arrived. Her father hadn't spoken to her since they had made the decision that she would attend Hogwarts. Even though they lived in the country, the letter arriving by owl was a little shocking for him and some of her siblings. The only family members to prepare and assist in her travel plans were her mother and younger sister, Juniper. Even then, her mother seemed rather distant from her; she was still her overbearing self, but she let Adorah do much more on her own.

Based on the past few months of this behavior, Adorah wasn't sure why she was so surprised by the response she had received back from her mother.

Dear Adorah,

I'm glad to hear you have safely arrived at Hogwarts. Dad and I have been talking, and we believe it may be in everyone's best interest if you stay at the school during your winter holidays. We also worry about the attention the owls may be drawing to our home and would prefer you not to write unless it is absolutely necessary. Your father is already getting questions at work about where you disappeared to, and we believe the less attention we draw to you leaving, the better. We will see you during the summer break.

Sincerely, Mom

Adorah was standing facing the grounds from the tower looming above. She could hear a few students screaming joyfully as they chased each other across the lawn. She clutched the letter to her chest, folded it into a square, and placed it in the pocket of her robes. As her eyes started to well with tears, she wiped her nose with her sleeve and began to head down from the owlery when she almost ran into a student. "I'm so sorry!" she said to the girl, wiping a tear from her eye.

ID#87341
Lauren was mad at herself. Perhaps her father was right. Perhaps she could not do anything good. She ruined anything. Lauren almost started to believe it when she heard she could not join the quidditch team of her house. They must think she was a failure too. Nothing went positive at the moment. And now she didn't want to go home, because she was scared of her parents. But also she had to cover up her bruises by lies and she could not use quidditch. She had to pretend to be the clumsy blonde girl that fell a lot or something. Lauren got a lot of stress going on right now. But she had to put on the act and remain with that. But one thing went through her mind and that was to follow the wishes of her parents. If she didn't she was afraid of what would happen to her. So she walked towards the owlery. Her parents would sure read her letter, but she didn't had a clue what to say. I've arrived safely! Or something in that way.. But they didn't cared about that. She wasn't even safe at home, so that was not the point. The blonde climbed up the stairs and felt her back hurting. The blue spot on her back hurted. And walking hurted. Breathing hurted. Everything hurts. But go on Lauren she said to herself. She was almost there. There were some students in the owlery too and Lauren smiled at them as she walked pass them, but suddenly a girl bumped into her and Lauren looked confused. The girl apologized and she than noticed the girl was crying. Lauren was wondering what was going on. Nobody could help her with her own problems, so perhaps she could focus on another. '' Not a problem.. what's going on?'' Lauren than asked the girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adorah tried to stop the tears from coming out, but it was all just too much. Not only had her life suddenly changed, but now her family didn't even want to talk to her? She turned away from the girl and sat on a couple protuding stones, rubbing her eyes with her sleeves. She had never seen this girl and was a little worried about opening up to her about her own problems. What if she made fun of her? What if she spread it around the whole school? Adorah sniffled and sighed. The least she could do was give her an answer to her question seeing as she was still standing there while Adorah had a meltdown. "My parents don't want me to write to them anymore or come home for the winter holidays because it might draw attention," she said mockingly. She put her hands in her face and continued to cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back