Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Unknown
Wand
Curved 10 ½" Inch Rigid Pine Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
To the staff members, roleplayers and guests of Hogwarts New Zealand,
I am posting to offer a sincere apology for a breach in trust that I perpetuated last year on the site, where I began to roleplay this character, Tiberius Bethell, under the OOC ‘Tibby’, for several months.
As you can see, my name is not Tibby, it is Kelsey Ruth, and veteran members of the site may remember me from many, now inactive, characters.
At the time of this character’s creation, I thoughtlessly chose a name for myself that was not associated with my other characters to keep myself anonymous, which breaks site rule 5. I say thoughtlessly because it was not my intention to mislead anyone, however that does not mean that wasn’t what resulted, and it is for that that I offer my apology now. Regardless of what my intentions were, there is no excuse for misrepresenting myself to people who rely upon me to represent myself and only myself both in character and out of character.
To anyone I roleplayed with during that time or interacted with as ‘Tibby’, please let it be known that it is to you in particular whom my apology extends to. You deserved better of me. This site has always been a safe place for people to be themselves, and after so many years roleplaying on HNZ, I should have known that I could trust the board members with who I am.
I feel that it is important to explain my actions, not to excuse them but to give some understanding. At the time, I had been recently diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, a condition that Tiberius shares with me, and this was a frightening and vulnerable thing to be diagnosed with. I was not ready to be myself with this illness, and so I chose to be Tibby.
That is not an acceptable decision to have made, regardless of my concerns or state of mind at the time. It is one thing to be struggling to process something within yourself, and it is another to involve others in a deception. Self-protection should not come at the cost of a wider community, particular as I had nothing to fear.
Once more, I sincerely apologise to the wider community of HNZ, and thank you for your understanding.
You are all good people whom I will endeavour to give the best of myself to whenever I roleplay.
Kelsey Ruth

Thanks, KR - appreciate the honesty, and glad you're around again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back