Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cavanaugh

On a mission
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Kaye Cavanaugh felt completely dumb. She pulled the unicorn hood down to cover her face, her hair down to cover the rest. She could see that there were people dressed just as silly and they seemed to be enjoying themselves but somehow she couldn't bring herself to feel the same level of enthusiasm. Kaye did an abrupt about face, coming face to face with a skeleton of some kind. Kaye yelped, jumping back as the skeleton moved on, a student looking for another. Kaye blushed furiously, hoping no one saw before pushing further into the crowd with her hands stuffed in the pockets of her costume.

Aonghas hadn't worn a costume, well, not a real one anyway. He had thought about wearing something, but he hadn't found anything and though his brother had told him that this was an event that would be occuring he had opted to not think about it until it was far too late for him to find something to wear for it. The boy had in the end just worn his robes, the ones that he had that weren't for school and wear those, he was just pretending to be any professor, he carried books around and carried a fake pair of glasses to put on to appear more professor like, but all in all, it was a rather awful attempt at a costume. He had to admit though he wasn't the only one who really scraped the barrel from costumes, the costumes in this place varied so much. Some were good and others were just oh so bad. As he made his way around he spotted a girl in a unicorn costume, or something close to that, she didn't appear too happy but he waited till she'd stopped moving through the crowd and walked over, "Hey, nice costume, dae ye like unicorns?" The boy asked her, he wanted to be friendly with as many people as possible, so despite the fact she didn't seem keen to talk to many others he would still attempt to speak with her. Maybe make a friend too.

Kaye peeked out from behind her hair at a boy she vaguely recognized from flying class. She paused for a moment, wondering whether to give him an honest answer or not. Coming to a decision, the first year Slytherin shrugged her shoulders. "Not so much anymore. I used to be obsessed when I was nine" she admitted. They were still pretty creatures but she didn't have the same obsession she once had. "Do you like..." she paused. "What is this costume?" she asked. He looked like a student, truth be told, which was pretty funny. Kaye smiled.

The answer the girl gave to his question was something he could’ve expected, ”Aye,” he replied with a nod, ”I ‘hink mast folk grow out ae it,” the boy replied with a shrug. As she asked about his costume he gave a little laugh and shrugged, his costume certainly wasn’t evident but it was all he could come up with, ”Am a professor,” he took the fake glasses and slipped them on, he probably looked more like a student that a professor but he hadn’t been willing to draw or paint on his face, that was a bit too much effort, ”Ah hadnae thought other would dae much fae this,” he admitted with a shrug to explain away the costume, he had been told it was a big event but he hadn’t really believed it, for halloween of all things. He could try and counter that this girl had also not put in a whole lot of effort but she was more visibly something. It was evident that she was something, where as he wasn’t clearly anything, it almost just looked like he had thought this evident was a school event requiring books and uniform. Though obviously the robes did not have a single crest or colour upon them.

Kaye stared at the boy for a moment, wondering if he was serious. Then, he put on a pair of glasses and Kaye realized he was. It wasn't a great costume, in her opinion. Not that she had a great one on. This was literally a pair of pajamas her nanny had given her and her sister one year. "Oh, nice" she said quietly, a habit she had when she lied. Nodding her head with some sympathy as he continued, once she'd understood him as his accent was difficult for her to understand, Kaye sighed. "I know. I didn't quite expect all of this" she gestured. She'd been feeling slightly overwhelmed a few moments ago but now with a distraction she didn't feel it quite so much. It was kind of how she felt about the school. She'd lived mostly with just her family her entire life, and now she was far away and on her own. "I'm Kaye" she added after a moment of watching people dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back