Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Aspen Wand 12 1/2" Dragon Heartstring Core
Cyzarine had opted to spend half of her holiday at home and the rest at Hogwarts, with the important present time being done at home with both of her parents and oh boy had that been the most . amazing thing for Cyzarine. She had loved every moment of . it. The young gryffindor had decided it was the best thing that she could've ever done, it was so amazing and she had loved every second of it. The young gryffindor had some small feelings of resentment towards her father and a little towards her mother, why had it taken them both this long to reconnect and give her two parents. She knew that adult relationships were difficult as her mother had always told her, but she couldn't help but think that was a bit of a lie. In any case, Cyzarine was back at school and she was blissfully happy. She was enjoying the summer, enjoying how warm New Zealand was at this time of the year. It was nice, it felt nice on her skin. She was alternating between the writing she was doing, a report on how she had found the yuleball for her mum, it would be detailed and it was fun to write and then switching that up with the occasional ride around on her skateboard, or even just playing at the water's edge. Her father had instructed her to avoid actually swimming in the water, someone had supposedly died, and she was eager to listen to him, but she was just having fun. At that specific moment, Cyzarine was doing neither, just lying on her picnic outdoor blanket, looking up at the sky behind sunglasses and enjoying the warmth. It was so nice! She liked winter a lot, but she liked summer even more!

Alice felt happy to be back at Hogwarts, though she had really enjoyed the holidays as well. It had been nice to see her parents again, though she had definitely seen more of her dad than her mum. That was part of the reality of being the Minister's daughter, though, and Alice tried not to let it get to her. She'd had a great Christmas with her family, and that's what mattered. And now she was back at Hogwarts for more adventures and fun, and that was important too! The weather was very nice, and Alice was immediately drawn to the Hogwarts grounds. She preferred being outside to being inside, especially when the weather was as nice as it was today. With the sun shining brightly above, Alice felt like heading over to the lake. While the gardens were still her favorite, the lake was definitely growing on her. Maybe she could dip her feet in? It was certainly warm enough. She hummed to herself as she made her way over to the lake, pausing when she noticed a girl lying on a blanket. She was wearing sunglasses, so Alice couldn't make out if her eyes were open or closed. Was she asleep? Curiously, she leaned over the girl to get a closer look, squinting down. Alice's long hair fell forward as she leaned over, and she brushed some back behind her shoulder. She was fairly sure the girl was asleep. Right? Should she wake her up?

Cyzarine was enjoying looking up at the sky, casually laying on the blanket on the grass, enjoying and dozing against the sun. She was lost in her own little world as she did so. Caught up with just enjoying herself that when she reopened her eyes at one point and spotted a girl exceedingly close to her face that where she might’ve otherwise jumped instead she sharply gasped and said, ”Merlin’s beard,” softly in rapid russian. She looked at the girl, letting her features soften into a smile before she reached up and pulled off the sunglasses, ”Are you okay?” she asked the girl switching easily back to english, the girl seemed a little older than her, maybe a second year at best, and there didn’t appear to be anything wrong with her, she was just very close to Cyzarine and didn’t appear to think there was maybe a problem with being so close. She was glad that she hadn’t jumped or anything, because then they would’ve had two sore heads. She didn’t know why the girl had been so close, perhaps she’d been concerned for Cyzarine, which would of course be very sweet of her. Cyzarine was still laying on the ground, she didn’t want to move too much and would wait until the girl had moved away slightly before doing so, but Cyzarine would welcome a friend if that was what she wanted to be.

Alice looked at the girl and contemplated if she should try to wake her, but then she suddenly gasped, and Alice gasped as well, taking a quick step back. "Whoops!" She called, looking at the girl with an apologetic grin as she took off her sunglasses. "Sorry! I thought you were asleep." She said quickly, hoping the girl didn't mind her weird behavior. She had really thought her to be asleep, but that didn't mean it wasn't a little strange to hover over her like that. "I'm fine, are you? I mean. I thought maybe you fell asleep, and I wondered if I should wake you before some creature from the lake could bother you. Or some student who thought they were funny." She said with a small shrug. "But you're not, and you seem fine. So uh, sorry." She smiled sheepishly, though she was glad the girl seemed friendly. "The weather is great, right?" She asked, eager to change the subject.

Cyzarine was pleased that the girl took a step back and seemingly appeared to be okay. The gryffindor sat up and smiled brightly at the other girl and she nodded excitedly, ”I’m good,” the girl assured her, ”Just snoozing and enjoying the sunshine,” Cyzarine added since she’d obviously not been a little more tired than she’d thought when relaxing in the sun. She shook her head when the girl seemed to feel bad for waking her up, ”I appreciate it!” she told her sincerely, since should that have happened it would be bad, and at the very least this would prevent her from getting a pretty bad sun burn from just dozing in one position in the sun, ”You’ve prevented me from forgetting to put on more suncream when I would need to, sunburns are bad and though you did startle me a little, it’ll mean my skin doesn’t go all bad,” Cyzarine really didn’t want the other girl to feel bad about it. She knew that this person had only really meant well, ”It’s wonderful! I like winter a lot but there’s just something about the sun that’s like perfect,” the girl smiled happily looking for some agreement, ”I’m Cyzarine Haden,” she held out her hand happily, with a sense of pride as she introduced herself to the other girl.

Alice was pleased to see the younger girl wasn't upset, and actually seemed willing to have a fun conversation with her. She nodded as the girl said she was just enjoying the sunshine, and smiled happily when she said she appreciated her concern. "Okay, good!" She said happily. Then the girl said she had now remembered to put on sunscreen, and Alice felt even less bad about her intervention. Really, it had been a good thing. "Sunburns are horrible, so I'm glad I could help with that, at least." She said, smiling. "Is winter your favorite season? Mine is spring, I love it when all the flowers start popping out of the ground." Alice said happily. "I do like the summer sun a lot too, though." She agreed. The girl introduced herself and held out her hand, and Alice shook it. "I'm Alice Holland. Are you related to Professor Haden?" She asked curiously. She didn't think it was a very common nickname. After shaking the girl's hand, Alice sat down on the grass so they were both on the ground. That definitely made for easier conversation.

Cyzarine nodded, she didn’t often get sunburns, but they were horrible. At the mention of whether she liked winter most of all the seasons Cyzarine really began thinking about it. She liked winter and summer, they were good for two different reasons, there was no reason why one would be better than the other. But she was curiously listening along to what the girl was saying about her own favourite season, the spring, spring was lovely, ”I like the flowers of spring too,” the girl replied, ”I liked winters back home, they’re a bit lacking of snow here,” the girl replied with a little giggle, ”I think my favourite season is that time between spring and summer, when the two are blending together,” she knew it wasn’t a good answer, but she liked when it wasn’t too hot, when the days were longest and the sun was high.The name this girl had was familiar too, ”Yup!” she said with a pop on the p. ”And yours is it Holland like the minister?” Cyzarine might be wrong, she didn’t know how common of a surname that really was. She was glad when the other girl did sit down, ”Are you a gryffindor?” she was fairly certain that she wasn’t but it didn’t hurt to ask.

As Alice sat in the grass, she realized Cyzarine had picked a good spot to sit. The sunlight was pleasant, and there was a bit of a breeze as well. She was happy to talk about things like seasons with this girl, and eager to make a new friend. "Where is back home for you?" She asked when the girl said she liked winters back home. "I like snow too! Snowball fights are the best!" She said with a grin. "That's a good season, and it should have a name." Alice pondered it for a momfent. "Sprummer?" She said uncertainly, tilting her head slightly. "That sounds kind of weird," she added, then shrugged. "How are you related, is he your uncle?" She asked her, curious. She hoped the younger girl wouldn't mind her guessing. It wasn't a big surprise when she recognized Alice's name too, but it still was a little new to Alice to be recognized. "Yes, she's my mother." She said, her voice a little softer now. When the girl asked if she was in Gryffindor, Alice shook her head. "Hufflepuff." She said, pointing at herself. "My sister Rose is in Gryffindor, though. She's a prefect. You may have seen her around."

”Russia!” the girl said excitedly, ”I was raised there before I moved to New Zealand about this time last year,” the girl was always excited to talk about her home, she loved New Zealand, but her home would like most always hold a dear place in her heart. She had loved the people she knew and the life she had led. The girl was smiling, ”Are you from New Zealand?”’ the girl added and smiled happily at her, keen to learn a little more about this girl. ”Suming,” she countered which also sounded weird, but she couldn’t help the small fit of giggles from the silliness of the names they’d given to the season she liked. ”He’s my dad,” she told her, she didn’t think it was worth going too much into, the base level of what they were was best to say, no sense in describing something she wasn’t interest in. The girl smiled as Alice told her her own house, ”Oooh! I like Hufflepuff!” Cyzarine had seen her sister Rose about the place, never spoken to but she knew who she was. ”Do you have many siblings or just the one?”

Alice's eyes widened slightly as her new friend told her she was from Russia. "That's amazing! I've never been that far away." She said, then paused. "Well, I've been to France. But Russia sounds more interesting." She amended, shrugging slightly. "But I am from New Zealand, though my parents are from England." She said with a bright smile. It was something that still came through in Alice's own accent, though she definitely didn't sound nearly as British as her parents did. "Suming sounds funny, but not as funny as sprummer." She said with a small giggle. "But it also sounds less weird, so maybe it's better." She said with a nod. When Cyzarine said Professor Haden was her dad, Alice was shocked for a moment. She hadn't known he had a child, but then she realized she really didn't know that much about any of the professors, except Grace. "Oh wow, he must be such a fun dad. He's a great Professor." She said with a smile. "I like Hufflepuff too!" She added with a laugh. "But Gryffindor as well. I think I would have liked to be in that house as well." She shifted, extending her legs so they would catch some sunlight. She was pretty pale, and it wouldn't be bad to get a bit of a tan. "I have three older sisters." She told Cyzarine with a smile. "And they're all at Hogwarts too."

Cyzarine grinned easily at her, ”I’ve been all over Russia, and I’ve been to . I loved living in Russia, the winters were always so snowy,” the girl told her, she’d been to a few other places in Europe but she was eager to listen to the girl and where she was from, ”Do you have more of an english accent or a Kiwi one?” the girl asked, ”I’m pretty good at english now, but I can’t tell accents very well,” she was genuinely curious about what her accent fell more on the side of. She’d gotten fairly good when the accents were relatively thick, but the finer details were still a bit puzzling to her, it was just a little difficult to tell. The girl nodded at the two words they had made up, definitely agreeing that Sprummer was funnier than Suming, the latter sounded like it might actually mean something despite being fun but the former just sounded too funny to be anything. She nodded excitedly, of course she didn’t know too much about him as a father, since things were so new but he was a great and fun professor so she had to assume he’d be those things when it came to being a dad, ”He’s a fun professor,” she agreed with a nod. Cyzarine was surprised by how many siblings that Alice had, ”Wow! That’s so cool! I’ve always kinda wanted a sibling, but it’s just me!” the girl replied excitedly, ”One is a gryffindor like me, and you’re in hufflepuff are the other two with you or her or in the other houses?” she was a little curious about if a family tended to be in the same house or in different ones, from what she’d gathered so far it tended to depend on the family more than anything.

Alice was impressed to hear Cyzarine had been all over Russia, and she sighed softly as she imagined the snowy winters there. "That must be so fun. I bet you're a champion at snowball fighting." She said, turning to her with a smile. The question about her accent made her smile. It made sense that the girl couldn't really tell the accents apart. "Kiwi. I was born here and grew up here, and I went to a muggle school before Hogwarts." She explained. "Still have a bit of English in there from learning from my parents, though. At least, that's what people say." She said with a little shrug. Alice wasn't sure how accurate it all was, as to her her voice just sounded like herself. Cyzarine didn't really say much more about having Professor Haden as a dad, but Alice could understand not wanting to answer prying questions. She was starting to experience that herself with her mother. She minded questions about her sisters a lot less, so was glad that Cyzarine went in that direction. She smiled before answering, "the other two are in the other houses. We're all in a different one." She said happily. Alice knew it was a bit unusual, but to her it was pretty normal. She still thought she had similarities with all of her sisters. "How do you like Gryffindor so far?"

Cyzarine nodded, ”I like to think so,” she had always been good at making snow balls, it was something she and her friends had played often when it had snowed enough for it, which in the winter could be quite a lot, but it was just a lot of good fun between friends and had usually led to them getting into lots and lots of trouble when they came in cold and wet. It was a good thing they’d all been magical so it wasn’t too bad. The gryffindor was pleased that the girl didn’t think much of her question about accent and just told her where she was from, ”Oh really? A muggle school?” Cyzarine didn’t mean anything against muggles, but she was surprised, people who were magical and from magical families didn’t tend to go to school. It could get a little awkward to explain to the magical people where they then went when they turned eleven. ”I went to a magical school back in Russia, for kids whose parents work, it was pretty fun!” the girl told her with a bright smile. The girl was also very interested in Alice and her sisters, where they all were in terms of houses. It was odd that they were all in different ones, surely that was a little more uncommon, she couldn’t imagine going to school with so many people in her family, with three people older than her. She was brought out of her thoughts when Alice asked her about gryffindor, ”I love it! I think it’s half because I love the colour, but it’s just so nice and friendly,” Cyzarine replied, ”If you could be in any other house which would you pick?”

Alice smiled at her. "if it ever snows here, will you teach me your ways?" She asked the girl with a grin. It sounded like a lot of fun, though hard to imagine with the warm sun now shining down on them. Alice nodded as Cyzarine asked her about the muggle school. "My parents thought it was important to learn about muggles too. But a magical school sounds amazing." She said, trying to imagine a magical school for younger children. "Did you actually learn some magic there?" That would definitely give her a head start. Alice liked what Cyzarine said about Gryffindor. It sounded like what Rose said about the house, so she thought it was pretty accurate. "I think Gryffindor is great too." She said with a smile. "I think I would pick Gryffindor if I couldn't be in Hufflepuff. Which house would you pick if you had to pick another one?"

Cyzarine nodded excited, ”Of course I will Alice!” The gryffindor assured her excitedly, she would for sure show her friend how to be good at it, even if this was all a bit of a joke, she would still enjoy the mere thought of helping out a new and possible good friend in an easy and good task that they could do. Cyzarine nodded along, ”No, we couldn’t. But we did a bit of theory work, basics and we did muggle stuff too, like languages, mostly it was just to take of the local kids while parents worked, but it was good,” Cyzarine didn’t think it would be good to go much more into what the school had been like. There was little sense in doing so, when it was now quite far away. Cyzarine could imagine that Alice would make a good Gryffindor, she seemed like a good hufflepuff but she’d be good for gryffindor too. ”Hmmm,” the girl said thinking heavily, ”Maybe Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. It’s so hard to pick, I’m glad the hat did all the sorting,” Cyzarine liked her house a lot and knew if she had to make a choice between all of them she would always go for the house that she was actually in, but there was no harm in thinking about it. ”Is Hufflepuff next to the library?” she asked.

Alice beamed. "Now I hope it will snow in the winter!" She told the girl excitedly. "Another girl in your year taught me yoga a while ago, I'm learning a lot of things." She grinned. "I'm good at climbing trees, I could teach yout hat if you want!" She was interested to hear what Cyzarine's previous school was like, and listened closely. "I see, that sounds like it was fun." She said. It was sad to leave old school friends behind for Hogwarts, Alice knew out of her own experience. "I think you would make an excellent Hufflepuff." Alice smiled. "Maybe we can swap!" She joked, grinning. "And yes, Hufflepuff is near the library. On the same floor." She smiled. "And Gryffindor is in the tower, I know."

Cyzarine was also very hopeful about snowfall so that they could play around with it. She wondered who in her year taught yoga, Cyzarine was always keen to try, she’d tried to learn a bit of the native language of New Zealand, and she’d be open to also learning yoga so she maybe just had to find out who it was so that she could go talk to them and convince them to do it with her, ”Who?” she asked in a friendly manner keen and curious. But Alice had moved on a little saying that she could teach Cyzarine to climb trees, that was something Cyzarine hadn’t always been the best at and so she nodded excitedly, ”You’ve definitely got to show me how to climb trees,” the girl said with excitement clear in her voice. They were still talking about houses, but Cyzarine’s mind was still a little caught up on trees, they could definitely learn to climb them,that would be so much fun, ”Once you learn to snowball fight, and I learn to climb trees we can definitely swap,” Cyzarine grinned at her new friend with ease.

Alice was thankfully good at remembering names, so she had no trouble answering Cyzarine's question about the girl in her year. "I think her name was Seren. She's blond and very nice." Alice said, not knowing a better way to describe her. She grinned as Cyzarine seemed keen to climb trees with her. "Maybe I should start a class, I could be another Professor Holland but I teach tree climbing." She said, giggling at the idea. "And you can be another Professor Haden who teaches snowball fights!" She said, grinning at the idea. It was funny, to her at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back