OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chaser <3
Aminia was quiet and patient, waiting her turn to speak with Lennon. Once everyone was gone was when the blonde made her steps towards him. He no longer was required to be friendly to her in this way, and she did not want to force upon him any more emotions than she already had. Veela or not she had no energy to force him to be interested in her - what was interesting about her anyways? "Lennon?" She inquired with a soft tone to her Russian accented voice. "I have... an article. A new introduction for the Monthly perhaps?" She suggested, wondering if he'd even read it. In her hand was a piece of parchment, which had a neat, calligraphic scrawl on it. It was her article, written for him to scrutinize. As Aminia was a dancer, opening up in any other art form was difficult - especially as her parents found it to be abhorrent if she wanted to do anything but dance. Anything but succeed. Staring at Lennon she waited for a harsh verdict.

When measuring success one might use many tools. A scale to weigh galleons, a measuring tape to measure your house size, or perhaps it's measured in children's laughter. For the Hogwarts New Zealand Librarian though it's clear that it's measured in timely book returns and gifting knowledge onto the students who roam the halls. In this months issues we will be taking a look at the Librarian here at Hogwarts and their job description - and how you become a librarian in general for our wonderful magical world.

(Interview not taken yet - if published will be conducted)

Now that we've seen the personal rewards of a Librarian, you as an aspiring librarian - or just someone looking for a job while you decide on another career path - might be interested to know what it takes. For most of Hogwarts jobs you have to have certain grades, but it seems here just applying with your love of knowledge, and a short answer as to how you'll make improvements or do your part for the school, is enough to get you a dream job corralling children, and enforcing late fees. If all of this doesn't make you want to grab a job at your local magical library remember that you are surrounded by all of the magical knowledge you could ever want, and it's all for you to read while you impart it on the future generations.

If you ask me that's a pretty rewarding career.
-Aminia Macksimov​

Now that the general meeting for the Hogwarts Monthly was over, Lennon was feeling particularly happy and excited for the future of the paper. He felt he was making some good changes and he was so happy to have so many people eager to help. The meeting had gone very well. As everyone slowly left the newsroom to head back to their common rooms or anywhere else around the castle, Lennon took a seat at the editor's desk and began to try and make sense of the notes he had scribbled so quickly and was going to begin to re-write them so they were a bit more legible, when he heard a familiar voice say his name. It was like his body reacted to her before his mind had a chance to catch up and tell him not to, so his heart skipped a beat. "Hey," he said tentatively. He hadn't spoken to Mini at all since he'd been dismissive towards her at the club fair, but considering she had broken up with him via letter even when they were not really together, he felt his behavior was warranted. Aminia wanted him to keep chasing after her when that's all he'd been doing for the past few years, so when she had written him the letter telling him it'd never work, he decided to take it at face value. He'd told her at the fair if she wanted to talk to come find him later and now here she was, he didn't know what to expect.

He was rather surprised to hear her say she already had an article written so he raised his eyebrows. He took the parchment from her as she handed it over and glanced up at her once before he set his grey eyes on the article in question. As he read it, his eyebrows shot up, surprised once more. When he finished he sat there for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts. "Mini, this is great," he said completely truthfully. "This is exactly the type of content I want for the paper. This is great," he repeated, since he was that earnest about it. A smile escaped his lips as he looked down from the article and back up to the Ravenclaw. "I didn't know you had it in you," he said to her. It wasn't really an insult but it wasn't a compliment either. Mini had shut herself off from him for so long he felt like he didn't know her very well at all, so he'd never known she was interested in writing. It stung a bit to know that she'd known about his interest in the subject, clearly, but she hadn't thought him worthy enough to share something in common with him. This reminded him to keep any lingering feelings in check and keep things professional now. "Can we use this for the upcoming issue?" he asked with a clear of his throat.

Aminia brought her non-manicured fingers to her lips and though she didn't bite down she placed a nail between her teeth, a comfort measure as she watched Lennon ready the small article. She should have gotten an interview - but she was already feeling as if she was embarrassing herself. After all her writing had never been public eye. Lennon was the first person to read it. Not even her family had - maybe her mother when she was a child most likely the root for her deep seated fear of not being approved of when it came to the skill. However when Lennon spoke Aminia's heart fluttered and she looked at him finally, golden eyes meeting his. "Y.... you really think so?" For once it was obvious Aminia was genuine in her shock and not just fishing for reassurance. Her forum was almost shaking a little, vulnerability something she had to force herself to be.

The girl was even more surprised that he wanted her to actually use the article in the month's issue coming up. Her heart fluttered in her chest and she looked at the floor. "Of course!" She said without a second thought. "I'll get an interview with the librarian right away! Uhm just let me know if anything needs to be fixed. And Lennon...?" She asked waiting for him to answer. "Can we leave my name off this article please? If my mom learns of it..." The blonde trailed off. Just the idea of talking about being pulled from the school because she wasn't concentrating her energy on dance made her nauseated, and the idea of sharing that fact with someone else made her more so. "I'd just like to leave it anonymous please." The blodne waited to see if he had anything further to say, shifting in an uncomfortable manner.

Lennon chuckled and nodded his head when she asked if he really meant what he said. Lennon had always been nothing but honest with her so he couldn't imagine why she'd think he'd be lying now. Though he realized belatedly that the insecurity probably had nothing to do with him and everything with herself. He 'hm'ed out loud when she said his name and looked up at her questioningly. Lennon pursed his lips and said, "Are you sure you want to leave it anonymous?" As the editor of the paper he encouraged everyone to speak their mind and not shy from it, and making articles anonymous wasn't his style - maybe Rumor Has It's style, but not his own. When she mentioned her mum, Lennon nodded slowly in understanding and exhaled slightly but not enough for it to be a full sigh. Her parents usually put a lot of pressure on her, it was one of the few things that he knew about Mini's personal life. "Ah I see," the Ravenclaw said softly. He sighed and said, "Sure, if that's what you want. But I think you're selling yourself short," he shrugged his shoulders. It wasn't his place to tell her what she should do, but hiding parts of her wasn't the best way to go about it. "How do you expect them to accept there's more to you than just..." Lennon gave up and shook his head. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that, it's not my place," he apologized. He took up the parchment and handed it back to her. "Just get the interview please," he said, returning back to the subject of work.

At the question posed by Lennon, Aminia nodded glancing away. She didn't have a choice. She was a dancer - her mother was clear that she wanted her to dance for the rest of her life. The woman's vicarious wishes affected all three daughters - though it seemed Amoretta was slowly breaking free of it. When Lennon began questioning her though, Aminia looked up in such surprise she thought she'd snap her neck. No it wasn't unusual for Lennon to care about her - but Aminia hadn't expected him to still give a d@mn. "No it's okay." However Mini did not elaborate. She took the article back from him, so that she could get the interview done, and moved toward the door. She didn't want to make him anymore uncomfortable than he might already be. Instead she decided to take her leave. However before doing so she stopped. Uhm... Hey." She spoke, gathering up all the courage she could. After all if she was going t at least earn his friendship back she needed to be honest - but an apology was not easily done and she knew she wasn't ready for that, so she settled on a statement. "Not that you probably... i mean.... My favorite color is Yellow." Aminia didn't know if it was misplaced to give the information or not, but now it was out there. Not feeling like sticking around much longer though the Veela left the room, heart thudding and face pinker than it'd ever been - fearing she'd made a fool of herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back