Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Cyndi Kingsley had always loved Halloween, so she found a costume to join the festivities. She didn't have much choice about joining the event, it was her duty to chaperone, but it didn't mean she couldn't enjoy herself while doing so. Still she stood on the sidelines, well away from the dance floor so the students wouldn't avoid it as well. With a cup of pumpkin juice in hand and a ghost shaped cookie, Cyndi moved slightly to the beat.

Other chaperones dotted the space, though thankfully it was mostly quiet so far. Professor Alicastell ran a tight ship, and she was sure the students didn't want to risk her cancelling any of their beloved parties.

Kahurangi had never really celebrated Halloween outside of her time at school, and although the costumes people managed to put together every year impressed her, she had never really expected to be particularly good at it herself. She had put in a half-hearted effort last year and though her costume had just been a bandana and some plain clothes with a bit of extra enchantment, she had found dressing up much more fun than she expected. So she had put in a little more effort this year, actually going out and buying things she didn't already have this time, and though it was by no means the most elaborate costume in the room, she was definitely having fun.

Chaperoning school events could be a little tedious, but Halloween was always the most fun, seeing how much effort people put into intricate or silly costumes. Kahurangi hung around the sidelines, keeping an eye on the students and enjoying all the creativity on display from students and colleagues alike. Looking around the area at first she thought the cloud bopping to the music in the corner must be a shy student watching from the sidelines, and when she realised a moment later that it was in fact the woman who shared her subject, Kahurangi couldn't hold back a small laugh. Dancing her way over to Cyndi, Kahurangi smiled in greeting. "I thought it was supposed to be clear tonight, I wasn't expecting clouds..."

Cyndi gave her colleague a once over, before grinning at her greeting. "Well, they say clouds and professors have a lot in common. Things get a lot more fun when we both go away" she stated with a smirk. "I figured I'd remind the students and simultaneously let them know that I can't" she added, pretty pleased with her costume being recognizable. She had been a little worried about being confused for lint or some other equally wrong item. "I like your costume " she added.

Kahurangi chuckled appreciatively at her colleague's joke, giving Cyndi a nod. "Very nice." She smiled, looking out over the dancefloor. "Hopefully there won't be too much in the way of mischief tonight. If we're lucky they'll all be too concerned with keeping their costumes looking nice to get up to much." She commented, then smiled happily at Cyndi's compliment. "Thanks! My family doesn't do Halloween so I don't have much practice putting them together." She said, adjusting her chaps slightly. "Your costume is amazing, how did you come up with it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back