Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Kalif II
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Chestnut Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Liusiadh thought her costume was pretty inventive, though in reality it really wasn’t. She had decided pretty early on that given she wasn’t really trying anywhere else, she would give this a bit of an effort though as it turned out when you don’t give much of an effort anywhere, the motivation to do more was low. So, she’d decided she dress in muggle clothes, with muggle sunglasses and just be a muggle. She had her wand, tucked inside the pocket of her jeans but she wouldn’t get it out unless she really needed to. She was a muggle today, she didn’t know anything about magic. She walked into the room, and ignored the decorations instead heading towards the drinks table. She picked up a bottle of butterbeer and said, ”Butter..beer?” she was putting on what she hoped was an english accent but it was an obnoxious attempt at one, which seemed to only highlight the harshness of her own usual accent. ”What is butterbeer? I must check the internet,” she said loudly, speaking to no one in particular but speaking in the way she had heard muggles do - loudly and dumbly. She was sure that she was managing it just fine.

Fenton had forgot it was Halloween. It was not surprising, since Fenton seemed to have a memory of a fish when it came to dates and times. Although, it was last minute, Fenton knew he could not go to a Halloween Party without a costume. That was the whole point of Halloween after all, well that and eating enough candy to rot your teeth. The young boy had searched through his closet for a costume, coming up with little and far in between. It was then he noticed his sonic screwdriver on the table, it was a prop from an old time school his mother and him watched called Doctor Who. Fenton did love everything supernatural, so this time traveling show caught his interest despite the age and special effects of the time period it was being filmed. Afterall, his time machine was a flying phone box. That was not even close to being a thing anymore, but the plot of the show is enjoyable nonetheless.

Entering the Great Hall, Fenton was wearing his Tenth Doctor Costume, knowing not everyone, if anyone, would understand the connection. That did not bother Fenton in the least. It still meant he was able to make lame time puns all night. As the young Gryffindor boy walked around the wonderfully decorated Great Hall, he found his first opportunity to make a Doctor Who joke. He heard near the drink table, a girl about his age asking what Butterbeer was, in a joking tone Fenton hoped. He was not always the best at reading people.

Fenton walked towards the girl, who did not seem to have a costume on, instead was wearing her street clothes. "People assume that Butterbeer is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff" Fenton said quoting an episode of Doctor Who, but trying to make it relevant to the own skit the girl was completing. It was not the best joke, in all honestly it was pretty terrible. Fenton was always known for having a unique, 'dad' sense of humor. He smiled at the girl. "Sorry had to stay in character. It is Halloween, bad jokes, bad costumes, all the fun" He said taking out his sonic screwdriver from his pocket. It basically a metal stick that the doctor in the show would use to save the day. This one normally lit up, but either the batteries or dead or it did not work here on Hogwarts Grounds.

Liusaidh glanced around as a boy she recognised from those Defence against the dark arts classes spoke. Saying all too many words that she did not know, nor did she care to know them. She didn’t know what any of it meant, and wondered if it was this whole internet thing that she had overheard so much about. The boy then seemed to explain that he was remaining in character, and really she couldn’t get why he’d bothered to break character. ”I do not know what your costume is,” she said in the same fake english accent as she’d had before, speaking more loudly and making wild gestures with her hands, spending the butterbeer in her cup a little everywhere. ”Who are you?” she asked, ”Do I need to use the google to find out?” Liusaidh continued. She didn’t know what his costume was, or that thin in his hand, it could’ve been a wand, though it looked a little too muggle in her mind to be one. She was sure that if they were in the less fantastical muggle world it would probably make a dumb noise.

Fenton smiled as the young girl seemed to be confused by his appearance Fenton wondered for a brief moment if he should have went with a more relevant costume, but it was not like the boy had many choices in his closet. He would have to schedule Halloween in his planner for next year if he was going to make more of a wave.

The girl continued to make comments about the internet and google. Then it clicked for the young boy. She was pretending to be a muggle. Honestly, Fenton was not sure how he felt about the costume. Was it normal to dress up like a muggle as a costume. He had never seen it before, but maybe it was much like his muggle friends who went as themselves for Halloween, dawning street clothes like any normal day. It seemed to take the fun out of the holiday, but Fenton could not judge those who were different than him.

Fenton decided to play along. "You humans with your technology." Fenton said in the best Doctor Who voice he could muster, shaking his head as he spoke. "You can google image me, just get my good side" Fenton continuing turning his left side to the girl and pretending to pose for a picture.

Turning to face the girl once more, Fenton put his sonic screwdriver in his pocket so he wouldn't lose it. "I'll save you some time." the Young Gryffindor added trying to keep on with the deeper voice, but it was difficult for this eleven year old boy. "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Timelord, I'm from the Planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet." Fenton quoted. He had watched this show with his mother over and over again. He probably could quote most of the series, but he definitely knew about his favourite Doctor, the tenth Doctor.

Liusaidh was pleased that he was playing along though she wasn’t quite sure who he was meant to be. She didn’t know much about muggle culture and she had to assume it was that, she knew plenty about magical culture. She frowned a little when he called her human - was he meant to be some alien type thing? She would’ve imagined he’d be more green than he was for that, but he continued on a little, ”Google image?” she couldn’t help the question in her tone, ”Aye sure ah’ll dae that,” the accent she was putting on dropped but it was clear she was still playing along with he was doing, but she wasn’t particularly good at keeping in the accent. He went on more telling her everything that she needed to know about who he was. She didn’t know anything about that, but it seemed a bit crazy. What sort of media did the muggles have? ”Will you now?” she asked, the accent now somewhat back into play, ”Tell me how will you save us lowly muggles?” she said, ”What have we done to ensure an alien saves us?” she still had the accent and was trying to be more dramatic in her tone - she wasn’t quite sure it was working.

Fenton noticed a slight accent on the young girl. He wondered where it was from. Fenton had spent his whole life in New Zealand, in Westport to be more specific. He never really traveled, in honesty it never really occur for him to. He was content where he was at. You could not beat Westport with the beautiful water the basically surrounded everything. It was known for it's river after all. But Fenton pushed these thoughts away, noting the other student was attempting another accent for the night. They were in character after all, and Doctor Who was not from Wesport. He was from Gallifrey.

"Muggles?" Fenton said keeping character tone, wondering if he could keep this up all night, he was certainly going to try. "Surprisingly I have never met a species in all my 900 years that are called muggles, but the galaxy is vast. I still have a few regenerations left to see it all." Fenton said acting confused by the term. "Now Humans. I love Humans." he added talking with his hands as the doctor would in exaggerated movements. "From the day they arrive on the planet, and blinking step into the sun, there's more to see than can ever been seen, more to..wait that's the Lion King." He quoted knowing that was one of his favourite quotes in the whole series.

"Humans often do not think about what is out there. Naive in their young age. Other visitors see that and take advantage of their misinformation. I stand as the protector." Fenton said dramatically. "A protector of humans like yourself" He added, bowing slightly almost of if expected a thank you. The young Gryffindor stood up upright. He reached over to the drink table and grabbed a pumpkin juice. "Pumpkin Flavored everything. Reminds me of the 21 century." Fenton said trying to look nostalgic as he took a sip of the pumpkin juice.

Liusaidh wasn’t sure who this boy was supposed to be but she was certainly enjoying their back and forth. It was proving to be more fun than she would’ve thought it to be. She had decided upon cooking to the halloween feast that she would remain in character, in her muggle character for as much of it as possible. ”Muggles are general people, without magic and without alien powers,” she explained in what she would still call an english accent - though others probably wouldn’t. She thought it was funny that he was calling people human, though of course that was what they all were, but it still made her laugh to hear him say it. She could figure from what he was saying that this character - this person he was playing definitely was alien and definitely loved the muggles. ”You definitely need to protect me! I’m a helpless muggle, I can’t do anything for myself,” she knew this was a somewhat negative perspective of muggles but she was mostly saying it in jest…..mostly. She watched as he took a drink of the pumpkin juice, and took once for herself and took a light sip, ”Hmmm reminds me of halloween!”

Fenton tried not to smile at the conversation at hand. He had not planned such a witty conversation when he had walked into the Great Hall. The young Gryffindor knew he was going to have a great time and say some wonderful Doctor Who series quotes, but he had not expected to say in character as much as an entire conversation. By no means was the young boy disappointed.

Fenton listened as the 'muggle' girl in front of him described what a muggle was. Fenton touched his hand to his chin as he if was taking in the new information, considering it. "I guess I landed on the right planet then. I knew Earth had so many living species, but I had not imagine being able to find a new one. Parties always have fun surprises no matter the timeline!" He said looking around gesturing to the party guests. "I wonder how many of these humans are muggles in disguise?" Fenton thought aloud now tapping his chin with his pointer finger, thinking as if he was in the Doctor's shoes, which he was in reality due to the costume he had chosen.

Fenton almost lost his serious tone when the young girl mentioned she was just a helpless muggle. She was rather good at this, despite the hiccups in accent every now and then. He did wonder briefly she meant all the things she was saying. Fenton liked to believe she thought it was all one big joke. After all didn't most of the students here have muggle friends from back home?

"900 years of time and space and I've never met someone who wasn't important.” Fenton said attempting to puff out his chest slightly, demonstrating importance. However Fenton was rather slim and did not manage this well. "Well my dear helpless muggle, know that the Doctor is here to protect you this spooky All Hallow's Eve." Fenton said dramatically feeling a smile slowly creeping onto his face. Trying to make this less noticable, he took another quick sip of the pumpkin juice. If she was staying in character so could Fenton.

Liusaidh thought the character was quite interesting, but he kept saying things about time that made her think that he was a little more than just a long lived alien that was protect earth. She grinned happily, ”I’m the only one! All of these people are magic,” she told him, she restrained the urge to say that they were better, somehow she figured she was pushing it and her mother had reminded her in no uncertain terms to be more careful about what she said in relation to muggles. She was a little surprised that this character the boy was playing didn’t think he’d never met anyone who wasn’t important. ”Here, you should try this,” she picked up one of the cookies that was sitting on the snack table and handed it to the boy, she just wanted him to make more commentary about the different things. ”Doctor, I hate to tell you this, but i think there’s an evil creature over there trying to kill some people,” she pointed over to one of the other students who was dressed as a hag, but they could just have some more fun with this. Why act in one location when there was so much, so many people to annoy.

Fenton looked around the room as the young girl mentioned she was the only person who did not have magic. "It feels as if we infiltrated a party we might not be invited to" Fenton announced softly. His eyes gazing around at the crowd of students. Staying in character could certainly get interesting. This young boy had not imagined what would happen if the Doctor had entered the magical world they live in. It was interesting, and slightly difficult, to remain in character, to imagine how the Doctor would react in this situation. Maybe Fenton should have picked another form of fiction to imitate, but he certainly was still having a good time.

Fenton took the cookie that the girl had handed him. He held it up to 'examine' the food, as if it was foreign. He took a bit of the cookie which had a sharp snap. As Fenton chewed, he continued to look as if he was deciding what to make of the snack. Truly, like all of Hogwarts food so far, it was delicious. But would the Doctor like it?
"We must be wary of the food, but this has been tested." He said taking another big bite of the cookie. " Let's avoid the apples though. Apples are rubbish." Fenton said knowing that he was using a quote from the eleventh Doctor. It did not seem like the girl would notice, never seeing the show.

As the young girl pointed in the direction of the so called 'hag' Fenton swung his head fast in that direction. "I have not seen this much magic since the Shakespearean days. 1599, The Globe Theatre and Good old William Shakespeare. " Fenton said looking thoughtful as if he was remembering a memory from his own life, instead of racking his mind for Doctor Who episodes to get material from. "Those Carrionites thought they could open a portal using terribly magic. But they were no match for Martha or me, certainly not a match for the power of words!" He said his voice rising slightly at the end of his statement. Fenton reached into his pocket and grabbing his sonic screwdriver. He held it into the air, wishing the battery worked so it would light up and make that classic sound.

"Allons-y!"
Fenton said in his best Doctor Who voice he could muster. This was one of the recurring quotes in the series, almost a trademark of the tenth doctor. He could not mess it up if he wanted to do the series any justice. He reached out for the girl's hand with the intention to lead her closer to the direction where she pointed. "Let us get a closer look at what we have to face" He said in a soft voice, almost hushed.

Liusaidh nodded excited, ”Indeed!” she declared loudly, in her muggle accent, she wasn’t being as quiet as he was, seeing no point in doing so, of course they were remaining in character but she didn’t much care for being quiet. She looked around at the room. ”I wish I were magic,” she said as she watched the boy examine the food she’d given him. But shook her head, ”Wizards would never posion us.” she assumed him but mostly she said it because she didn’t want to stop eating the snacks she’d ready picked up. She nodded in agreement, apples were rubbish, who wanted apples. She definitely couldn’t see how any person would enjoy those. Liusaidh wasn’t quite sure what he was going on about, she knew of Shakespeare and given the alien was supposed to be old then maybe he’d been around in those days, but Liusaidh just broke off towards the person dressed as a hag. She approached but kept a certain distance. ”Do you have any weapons Alien?” she asked him.

Fenton knew he must seem insane quoting knowledge of Doctor Who to someone who had never seen the muggle show. The character, himself, was hard to understand, even if you did watch the whole television series. But crazy or not, Fenton was enjoying his time, surprisingly getting more comfortable with the accent as the night went on.

When the young girl mentioned that the wizards would never position their food, Fenton reached over and grabbed another cookie. "One must eat to have energy to save the world." Fenton said with a light smile as he took a bit of the cookie. I will have to grab more before I leave He made a mental note to himself as he followed the girl towards the so called 'hag.' Fenton pretended to walk cautious, glancing about the room. Fenton had learned surroundings were important while he attended boy scouts. He imagined the Doctor would have the same logic.

Fenton shook her head as the girl asked if he had any weapons. The Doctor did not use weapons. "They may have weapons. And I haven't which makes me the better person don't you think? The moral high ground is mine." Fenton said using a very self-righteous tone of voice. "Plus I haven't come empty handed." The young boy added as he reached into his pocket, pulling out the sonic screwdriver. "I love my sonic screwdriver. Doesn't kill. Doesn't wound. Doesn't Maim. But I'll tell you what it does do. It's very good at opening doors." Fenton said, once more wishing the batteries would work. It did look less effective without the sound and light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back