Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ecosexual
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Rose loved the house she was sorted in. Everyone seemed so nice and every girl in her dorm had accepted the jungle surrounding her bed. Rose grinned and grabbed a pot of freesia's which were lovely in bloom at the time of the month. She planned to go to the Hogwarts Garden today, she had signed up for the Wild patch club and wanted to see the actual patch she was going to work with. She quickly walked outside. Clutching her pot tighter when she spotted people. So far she had met two first years that weren't as friendly and she wanted to keep that number down to two. Rose shrugged and arrived at the garden. There she spotted so many different kind of flowers. She walked over to the lilies that were in bloom. She knew she shouldn't touch these since the leaves could be poisonous. It was weird that there were plenty of plants here that were dangerous for cats. The there were plenty of cats running around in the castle. She walked around, enjoying the sun and smelling the flowers here and there. Life was great, Herbology classes were great and this was going to be a great year. Charms sucked, but who needed magic she wanted to be a herbologist not a charms master.

Estella was rather enjoying her time so far at Hogwarts. She hadn't spoken to too many people yet, as she didn't want to get herself out there too much, but had thought everyone so far had seemed nice. She liked Kard the most. He helped her study and always let her sit with him when they had classes together. She had enjoyed classes so far too, not even sure which one she liked the most yet. The girl wanted to go exploring, and with Kard doing his own thing, Estella wanted to do her own thing too. She didn't want to go anywhere dangerous, and so avoided the forbidden forest altogether. Instead, she found herself wandering into the Hogwarts Garden. Her Head of House was the Herbology professor, and she thought that role suited him well. She thought that perhaps she might find him as she made her way through the maze of flowers. When she saw a figure in the distance, she reacted instinctively. "Hey!" she shouted at them as she made her way closer. "There's so many flowers here, right? Do you know who plants all these? Is it the Herbology professor?"

Rose was still busy with the flowers in front of her when she heard a voice behind her. It did sound familiar, but not familiar enough that her mind came up with a name. Rose turned around and saw a girl walking towards her. She was sure she was sorted alongside her in Hufflepuff, but she had no clue what her name was. The girl asked her who cared for all the plants and Rose was pretty sure the Professor didn't plant and the plants. ''Hello'' Rose said ''I am pretty sure the Keeper of Keys and Grounds does the plant caring'' The Professor had no time to actually tend all these gardens. He had his lessons and his house to keep up with. Rose clutched the freesia's closer to her body and wished she had asked her name before. ''Don't think the Professor has time left to actually tend the gardens'' The flowers in the garden weren't dangerous, so they didn't require a master Herbologist.

Estella nodded when the girl explained to her that it wasn't the professor who tended to the plants. It kind of made sense, and Estella felt rather stupid that she even thought that. She hoped that the girl didn't think she was stupid too. "There's so many of them! I wonder how the Keeper of Keys and Grounds does any of this..." she said, looking around at them all. They were all different shapes, sizes and colours, and she thought that a lot of effort would have to go into planting them. It was then that Estella noticed the girl was holding a pot with a flower in it. "What's that? Is it yours?" Estella didn't want to accuse the girl of stealing from the garden, but it looked quite suspicious as she was standing amongst the flowers with one clutched tightly against her.

Rosemarie had no clue how the keeper of keys and grounds cared for all the plants. It was his job so maybe he only spend time watering plants all day. ''I have no clue, there must be some way we don't know about yet.'' Rose was muggleborn so she didn't know very much about the magical aspect of this world. ''They are freesia's'' Rose muttered when the girl asked about the plant she was holding ''I grow them myself in our dorm, I got the bed by the window so they get enough sunlight.'' Rose was pretty sure she had seen this girl in her dorm and she must have spotted the jungle that Rose had made. "I just love plants and flowers, growing them is awesome'' Rose said excitingly.

Estella thought that it was pretty cool that there was a way plants were grown so easily and she didn't even know. She hoped that she would eventually be able to learn it in Herbology. The Hufflepuff listened as the girl spoke about her plant. It dawned on her that she was a first year too, which had slipped Estella's mind as she just assumed she knew a lot about the garden and would be older than her. Estella's bed was on the other side of the dorm to hers, but it was good that she was able to talk to people in the same dorm as her now. "That's good you've already found something you enjoy. I'm not sure what I enjoy yet, or even if I have a favourite subject yet. I just don't know too much about anything really." Estella shrugged, hoping that somehow someone else was in the same position. Even Kard seemed like he knew a lot, and Estella hoped to know a lot too someday. "I'm guessing Herbology is your favourite subject?"

Botany was Rose her life and spending time outside meant spending less time inside with her little sister. Her little sister was nothing like her and her brother. She was a red haired brat and she always got her ways. The only power Rose had was her outside garden. The garden meant her life and she found sanctuary there. She knew there was a change Lynn was going to attend Hogwarts. She was weird and where she was weird things happened. She never thought much about it, but after knowing about the magical world things started to fell into place. ''We just arrived, give it time.'' Rose paused ''We still have half of the subjects to go, so there must be something you love in those.'' Rose knew she was also having major tunnel vision. All the subjects seemed like bright and fun then Herbology. She couldn't enjoy the magic, since she cared so much about the plants. Rosemarie nodded ''Yes, I love Herbology so much.'' Rose said while smiling ''It is the only subject I am good at.'' Rosemarie just realized she never said her name. ''I am Rosemarie by the way'' So she could also learn the girls's name.

Estella nodded at the girl's reassurance, thankful that she was making Estella feel better about the situation. It was true that they had only just started and Estella was confident that soon enough she would find her calling and find what she was truly good at just as the girl had done. The girl introduced herself as Rosemarie. "Oh that's a pretty name! Like the flower." Estella said with a smile. "My name is Estella. It's not really special for anything." Estella shrugged. She never liked her name and much preferred her middle name. "So, how many plants do you have in total? Is it a lot? Maybe I can help you water them." Estella thought that maybe if she tried to get herself to water the plants that her favourite subject could be Herbology too. She wanted to find her favourite subject soon and hoped Rosemarie could help her.

The other girl introduced herself as Estella, her name was beautiful. It did sound so exotic to her. Rose and her brother Thyme were just named after Herbs. Lynn was the odd one out, but she could never comply to anything so maybe her name did suit her. ''I like the name Estella, it sounds exotic.'' It definitely wasn't a name like Charlotte. She had three Charlotte's in her old class. When Estella asked how many plants she had, Rose had to think pretty hard. She hadn't counted them all and currently she was also growing a bunch of seedlings in her trunk. ''I think I have about thirty or so, but some require minimal care like the succulents or the cacti'' Rose smiled ''When the jungle in the dorm becomes to big, I place plants all around the castle and in our common room, I don't think Professor Carter notices them'' Rosemarie knew she couldn't make a greenhouse out of the dorm, that would be unfair for the other first years. She had also made sure to not grow any flowers that were poisonous for animals. ''I would love your help, just make sure you give each plant the water they need'' You could easily drown some plants whereas others needed a lot of water and care. ''I can give you a tour into the jungle that is my dorm bed tonight.'' Rose smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back