OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Tavia
They agreed to meet at a mutual place, a local scene where Rory could easily find it with his eyes closed. He has been here over two months, so that could be anywhere in the main parts of New Zealand. The benefit of riding the knight bus like Rory is that you end up discovering places far much quicker than if he was to go around the islands alone. He has been to places his sister hasn't heard of yet, she was impressed and a little annoyed how quickly he adapted to New Zealand. Today will be the fourth week since they started to hanging out consistently, Rowan mentioned it while she fussed over Rory's muggles knick knacks scattered all around her apartment. Is it serious, will there be wedding bells in your near future? That would earn her a full body flinch, Rory blinked, bewildered she would ask that question! "Too soon, too soon. I don't want to scare her off, and, now I'm off. Cheers for the broom and don't throw my stuff away," Rory bolted from the tiny witches sight, nerves setting in the moment he was alone. He's not a big flyer, he loved traveling muggel style more than anything in the world. Also, he not a great flyer. Why did he think this was a good idea? He sucked his teeth in regret, too late to contemplate on his recent life choices. There was a very nice, sweet girl named Octavia waiting for him. Rory hurried at their meeting spot, not wanting to take flight without her.

Last edited:
Octavia wasn’t sure whether to feel nervous or excited or both. Was this even a date? Or wasn’t it? Would there be a possibility of a second chance with Rory? Would he change his mind and decide this was a bad idea after all? God, she hoped not. She was starting to like him...or perhaps she had never stopped? Her mind was quite literally exploding with questions about today. She started drumming her fingers on the counter as she waited for her coffee to be ready, realising that the energy she had from the moment she woke up had been used in cleaning the entire flat and having a nice hot shower, all of this after a healthy breakfast. She treated today like a normal day when she had training, except that the only difference was she was to meet Rory. She basically had to force herself to remain calm as she finished her coffee and grabbed her broom before apparating to the meeting place. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw him and she smiled as she reached his spot. "Hi," she said, standing awkwardly as she wasn’t sure how to greet him - if she had to give him a hug or a wave, or what.

Rory's eyes lit up seeing the lovely Octavia, you would think he'd get used to meeting up with her all the time now. Nope, every time it felt like he hasn't seen her in years and all he wanted to do was spent every waking second with her. Was that too much? Probably. The wizard cracked a smile, waving his hand in greeting. "Hello, you look brilliant, Octavia," he says without a second thought. Rory familiar with the kind of stuff his friends would say to the girls they like and their girlfriends. Technically, they were together once...during the Triwizard Tournament between their schools. As brutal as tournaments can be, Rory had often wished it had never ended. It was the best year in school as he was fortunate enough to cross path with the pulchritudinous, Octavia Pourroulis. "So, since you're the expert at flying and I'm not, this should be interesting. Right? Get ready to take a trip down to St. Mungos, I'm catastrophic on a broom," Rory exaggerated with a laugh. He mounted the borrowed broomstick, gripping the handle to balance himself before taking it off. His sister's broomstick is normal length, thank Merlin for that. He couldn't afford a broomstick just yet, and there no telling if was going to attempt to fly again if he lives to see another day. "I'm following your lead, ready when you are."

Octavia waved back, relieved when Rory did the greeting gesture first, otherwise the girl probably would have hugged him or something. She shook her head to try clear her mind. Erm..what? "Thanks, you don't look bad yourself," she said, smiling warmly, unable to look away from him as she complimented him back. This sort of felt like deja vu, as back in the days of the Triwizard Tournament, they had been, technically, together. She blushed at the thought, wanting to move on from...well, thinking about it. She laughed. "You always had a funny sense of humour," she said out loud, not realising she did. "Don't worry, I'm going to teach you all the basics and more, if you want," she suggested, already mounting her broom and getting in position so that he would do the same. And, if necessary, she'd correct his flying methods - if he had any. "It's pretty safe," she added, just in case the man was wary. "Er, before we take off..." she said, adjusting her balance, "make sure you're not leaning too forward but also not too backwards when flying." With that, she kicked off from the ground and was in the air within seconds.

Rory likes the way she laughed, it was exhilarating to listen to. Maybe that's why he acted like a dimwitted idiot whenever he was ever near her. Or, it was naturally his personality, still, he gets to relish listening to her laugh at the stupid things he says. "For you, yes," he replies with an eager boyish grin on his face. Rory gives her playful wink and nods, "Of course, that's why we're here and the fact that I get to hang out with you," Rory says with no regrets. He's making it obvious that this was more than just them flying brooms, it was a date after all. But, if he gets better at flying, there will be more dates with them flying together. As a couple, he hopes soon. "Alright, an even middle?! Merlin, I can't believe I really forgot how to fly, first year at school felt like yesterday!" Rory laughs, then checks if he was balanced on the handle. He was okay in his point of view, he watched Octavia kicked off and followed her lead. "I'm coming from behind you!"

Thank god that Octavia’s face was turned away from Rory or else he would have seen the blush that was creeping onto her cheeks. Apparently, she wasn’t entirely over him. Perhaps she never had been from the moment they went to the Triwizard Tournament dance together. She smiled at the thought, she was definitely going to cherish that memory forever. "And I, with you," she returned playfully, deciding that two could play at this game. It was a bit of harmless flirting, right? Besides, Octavia hadn’t been with anyone since her school years, and even then that was a while ago. "Okay, but don’t fall on me," she warned, laughing. She shook her head as Rory called from behind her and soon they were both in the air. She glanced back to see where Rory was. "Okay, you can come fly next to me. Er, it’s a little difficult trying to talk to you when you’re all the way back there."

Rory smiles broadly, flashing his pearly whites. Take him back to the past, please, he would like to be living there with sweet Octavia. The future was looking hopeful, but he guessed that year had meant everything to him when he met Octavia. And the fun they had, it was easier for them to freely be themselves in those times. Everything was easier, as an adult, things were complicated. Screwy. Rory tries to live in those days of the past, but he wouldn’t achieve much and there were bills to pay! And then suddenly, Octavia was back in his life, showing him how to master a broomstick of all things. Why did they agree to this? Oh, right she a quidditch babe and if there was a chance this will become something more serious than the last time, it would be a little silly of him if he wasn’t able to keep up with the famous quidditch player on a broomstick? Wouldn’t it be?! Rory snorted, “I rather fall for YOU!” Merlin’s sake, he’s not very good at being subtle. “Okay, let me try,” Rory accidentally shifts upside down on his broom and speeds ahead of Octavia, “Am I doing it right? Whoa, everything is upside down!”

Octavia’s heart skipped a beat when Rory flashed his award-winning smile at her like that. Well, she knew now, that some feelings never change. The thought of the triwizard tournament dance had made her feelings for Rory resurface, not that she was complaining. Her life was a little more interesting now that she was reconnecting with an old friend...slightly more than friends...what even were they? Her mouth dropped a bit when he oh-so-openly flirted with her. She knew he could be like that, which she didn’t mind at all, but it still was unexpected. "Okay, but be careful!" she called to him, a blush so visibly appearing on her cheeks. She mentally facepalmed at what he was doing, before she laughed. "Oh you’re funny," she said, teasing, then she winked at him. "You’re supposed to stay upright on your broom, not slip upside down!" How he had even managed to get to that position befuddled the young woman. "Here, with one hand, try to take hold of my broom," she suggested, flying close to him so he could. She pointed to the top of her broom where neither of her hands were gripping the stick. "I’ll attempt to help you back up." Attempt being the key word.

Blood was quickly racing to his head, the nerves by his ears tingled. If he stays like that any longer that was sure to cut their date short. Rory did as he was told, swinging his legs to get him upright again. It took several tries, it must’ve been some sort of miracle or someone watching pity him. Rory was upright anew, flying straight in the right direction his fingers clutching on the handle more properly. “That’s better, cheers,” he graciously thanks the incredible Octavia. It had been all worth the trouble to see her laugh, then he didn’t think so after seeing the concern look in her eyes. It’s not a very good start to date if your date is near to having a heart attack. Rory dips lower, safely flying his broomstick at a preferred height for beginners. “I got a little ahead of myself, didn’t I?” mused the former Hufflepuff, getting back to the playful vibe. “I don’t know how you can play sports on these things, you’re amazing to make a career out of it,” Rory comments, just picturing himself playing quidditch gives him the willies. “How do you hold a bat while flying? That must be challenging for you?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back