Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Agnes<3
Wand
Ash Wand 17,5 Inch with Dragon Heartstring Core
Admin Approval: ID#87341

Another year had passed and Bryon still hated the fact that he lost control when his daughters went to school. He was sure especially Lauren thought it was one big playground and she could do what she wanted. Bryon was raised strict by his father especially and he felt the pressure always. As only child all the attention went to him and Bryon didn't always liked that. But that was in the past and he was glad his father raised him that strict and with discipline. He did that to his own daugthers too. But on his second daughter that didn't always seemed to have the result he wanted and that made him angry. He had been worrying about the reputation the girls would leave on the school. He still was furious about Gabriella not making it to prefect, he wanted to step to the school and ask why but he just knew Gabriella was distracted and he wanted to find out why. Perhaps he could let Lauren talk, she would sure know. But most that came out of that mouth of hers was nothing important. Bryon walked towards the living room and went sitting on the couch, it was a busy day at work and he felt a headache. And it became worse if he thought of the conversation last year. If Lauren didn't listened this time the consequenses would be the same or even worse. He was glad his wife stood next to him on this. Sometimes it just seemed like Lauren was from a whole other planet. He thought about having a son, that was a great desire but all he got were daughters. And that was not good enough.

Bryon tried to see if his wife would show up soon. Bryon was the boss in this house and he liked it to stay that way, he needed to make sure that his wife would support him on this again. They needed to be prepared for the worse. And if both girls would disapoint him he would give a warm welcome in his own way. And they knew, he was sure they knew. He had made sure that they knew and hoped that they were both thinking of it before stepping on the Hogwarts Express. Bryon poured in some whiskey and waited until they would come.
'' GRETA! More Whiskey.'' He than said loud to his housekeeping.

Last edited:
Gabriella thought about this day a year ago and she had pain in her stomach again. She hoped her father would be cooled down a bit about her not making it to prefect. There was nothing he could do or she to change that. But really if he knew that Liam was a prefect and not her, he would contact her aunt and uncle for sure she thought. From all of her cousins her father hated Liam the most, and if Lauren would open up her mouth about that he would lose it she was afraid. But actually how worse could it become, she was so scared people would find out of their family situation and she felt kind of sad for Lauren for the first time. Gabriella did what she was told to and was too scared to do anything against her father. He made clear that if Gabriella did the same as Lauren she would be next. And Gabriella was too afraid to help Lauren out, and she kind of felt bad about that. How would Marcos think of her. He seemed way more brave than she was. But after all her parents stayed her parents. And Gabriella would go to her last year after the break. And she still thought about that rose without a note, she wished it was from Marcos. Perhaps she could ask, but what if it wasn't from him? She had asked Lauren and it was no prank of hers gladly, because otherwise her pity for her sister would be gone soon. Gabriella walked to the front door and this time together with Lauren again ofcourse, but they hadn't spoken in the train. Until the moment they stood in front of the front door of their home. But Gabriella wasn't so happy being here, she remembered the cries from her sister and her fathers screams. And she hoped it would be all different this time. Gabriella looked at Lauren for a moment. They were not friends at all and so different from eachother, but Gabriella did not know how to act. Should she grab her hand or say something, she was almost sick of the feeling stepping into the house. But they had to and that was what they did. She was glad to see Greta her face as first. That was the most happy and sweet face in this house. '' Hello Greta.'' Gabriella said with a small smile and than put down her suitcase and walked towards the living room. Looking back to Lauren one time. Gabriella just had to pretend to be brave, but what did her father and mother expect from her? Gabriella saw her father sitting on the couch and this was just the exact same moment. And she hoped that Lauren would not make the same mistake of sneaking up to her room. '' Hello Father..'' Gabriella said softly and went sitting on a chair close. They were not hug persons so that was not the case again. She just went sitting and saw Lauren coming in too.

The day came that she had to leave. And how much she had tried to stay at Hogwarts, Gabriella had to drag her home. Lauren had been crying all night she was too afraid and she liked it on Hogwarts too much. Why could they just stay, in other breaks they could too. She didn't cared if they were no professors she could take care of herself. And they had lots of food where she could eat from and many beds to choice one. But that was just not how it worked. Lauren was mostly really chatty in the train, but towards Gabriella this time it was silence all way to home. Lauren felt more scared to go home than the last time, the last time she was in a bubble of happiness after leaving Hogwarts and experiancing such an incredible place. But this time she knew what was waiting for her. She had been sneaking some food into her suitcase to have some in case her parents wanted to lock her into her room again with only books around her. Lauren saw Gabriella looking at her when they stood in front of their door and Lauren just turned away quickly;. She was mad at Gabriella, but on the other hand what could they do? They felt powerless and Lauren was ashamed of her bruises, she was glad nobody seemed to be noticing it. One thing she knew was that she wanted to play quidditch next year, and her father had nothing to say about that. Gabriella would have her last year next year and Lauren would be left alone than on the school and she was kind of happy for that. Gabriella was no snitch to her father, but if her father would put Gabriella on pressure she would tell about Lauren and her bad grades and everything she did on the school.

The blonde followed Gabriella inside and wanted to turn around quickly. But than she saw Greta their housekeeper. And Greta was the only nice person to her in this house, so it was glad to see that face first. She smiled shortly to Greta, but she knew too what happend in this house. And the only look Greta gave her was one from pity, one that said good luck inside. And Lauren nodded shortly without saying anything. She knew better than last time and followed Gabriella inside the living room. The blonde looked towards the ground too afraid of seeing her father and felt tears burning in the corner of her eye. But she was stronger than this, she was brave and wanted her father too see that. So she put her head up and looked at her father while sitting next to Gabriella. And Lauren saw her mother not, and didn't mind that at all. Gabriella greeted her father and Lauren knew she had to do the same, because otherwise that would be another mistake from her where they could start about. '' Hello.. Father.'' Lauren said and felt her voice shaking a bit. She could not help it. The blonde looked into the direction of the hallway, she wanted to her room quickly. And just be alone.

Bryon was impatient, where the hell stayed his wife? He kind of felt confident that they were on the same page, but it would be more like a united front when they would be there together just like last time. But it was clear that he was the boss around this house and when he heard a door going open he had a feeling it was not his wife. He took a sip of his whiskey and hold the glass into his hand. And put his other leg over his other. He was ready to give a warm welcome home in his own way. And if Agnes wasn't here yet that didn't matter she would follow him anyway. Bryon saw a blonde head coming in his way and the first one that came in was Gabriella ofcourse. He nodded for a moment at his oldest daugther. She had been giving him a headache for days after finding out she was no prefect, but at least she did what she was told to do. She did her best at classes, but that was not enough for him. Than he noticed the other coming in. Lauren looked to the ground and he knew that his punishment worked. But he hoped she wasn't stupid enough to repeat bad grades from last year. The girls went sitting and he was suprised Lauren looked at him and greeted. Perhaps his special approach worked after all. It was going his way so far. '' Gabriella.. Lauren..'' He said shortly without smiling. He put his whiskey down and than looked at both girls. He saw Lauren looking to the hallway. He exactly knew how to play this. And he felt that he had been drinking too much alcohol that made his temper even more and quicker. '' I really hope that you both did your very best at school this year. I want to think that my children are that smart to understand that if not there are.. consequences.'' He spoke clear and looked strict to his children. He was a perfectionist and had learned that from his parents and Gabriella seemed to be getting that too. But Lauren.. he just got irritated by everything about her lately. And that look she gave him now made his blood boiling. '' Especially for you.'' He than said quickly to Lauren.

He wanted to start of to Gabriella, since he figured that would be more good. He saw the both girls looking where their mother was and he wanted to clear that up. '' Your mother is not home. She will be soon. We are going on vacation tomorrow. But it depends on your behavior on school and my opinion if that is good enough to be rewarded. '' He than explained. He needed a break too, his work was his life and he loved it but it was now time for holiday and luxuary. They would go to Greece and he kind of made up his mind that only Gabriella could come along. But perhaps his actions had made Lauren see the light. '' Gabriella. I'm sure you can bring me some positive news.'' He than said and his voice went a bit more gentle.

Gabriella was glad Lauren was following her right now. She just wanted things to be calm and not like the image in her head from last year. That summer was terrible. They stayed at home too and Gabriella hoped that this year they would go away somewhere where she could really relax and think of her last year. She could bring some books along with her too. Lauren greeted their father too and Gabriella just felt more happy than ever. It was such a small thing but those manners mattered a lot in this house. But she saw Lauren looking away quickly and a bit of angry look on her face. She hoped her father would be in a good mood though. When her father spoke she looked full of attention and he made his rules clear directly again. It was clear for her, she knew what she had to do. And so she nodded to her father. What else could she do? She knew what the consequenses were. And she didn't need to find out herself how selfish that sounded when she thought of what Lauren had to endure. But she could help Lauren with acting normally to her parents. And so far it went well. Gabriella looked at Lauren for a moment and than back to her father. She didn't saw her mother indeed and when her father told them they would go on vacation tomorrow she just felt a piece of happiness. But at everything there was a prize, she should know that in this house. Gabriella just did nothing wrong on school, the only thing she did wrong would be hanging out with Marcos, he would be a distraction. Her father didn't liked that if he would know. But it was only one more year and than she could find a place for her own. But it wasn't like she could hide her feelings. Gabriella would give it a good think over the break, but she liked being with Marcos for sure. She felt happy when being with him and he was serious too. And a captain for the quidditch team. Not that quidditch was something her dad became happy about.

Than her father turned back to her and she knew she would always be the one to begin. With everything she was the oldest but always they put a lot of pressure on her. She had to give a good example. And this year she had done her very best. She could just not say that she became prefect all of sudden, because that would never happen. Her father understood that too. '' I've been having an good year.. Just focusing on my lessons. I take as much as I can. No distractions..'' Gabriella than explained. It was what her father wanted to hear for sure. Her grades could be better, but they were good enough she hoped. Than she looked at Lauren. Gabriella just hadn't much too say. But perhaps still something about the reward. '' I even would bring my books along to Greece and prepare for my last year.'' Gabriella than added a bit more confident.

Lauren looked back from the hallway to where she wanted to go and back to her father. She would look at him, he could know that. Why should she act and be nice and all yes and amen? He had hurt her very much many times, and the bruises were on her body. Perhaps if he would be stupid enough to hit a blue eye she could let people know. But on the other hand she was too scared, why would they believe her? Her father was very manipulative and could easiliy win people over. She was a bit scared of how she now looked like her father, thinking like that. She did the same on school. She lied to everyone around her and was pretending to be someone happy. She could always do a carreer as actor after all. Lauren just figured she had to deal with it. But she wasn't gonna let her father win. How scared she was from him, also made her very mad. So she didn't even noticed looking a bit too angry at her father. But what did she had to do? She could do nothing! When her father explained directly what he wanted Lauren felt her hand shaking when her father pointed it directly towards her. It was clear that it was ment for her. Gabriella was the lucky one. And she was the one that would take it all. No matter what she did everything that went wrong in this family was pointed to her. Lauren was sure that if her mother would be robbed on the street her father would still point her as the one to blame. It didn't even mattered if she wasn't there. The fact that she was born was just a mistake. And they made that clear to her. Lauren figured of saying something back, but she didn't'dared this time. She just listened and still looked a bit angry.

Her father explained their mother not being home. And than there was a reward. Her father always worked with rewards. It wasn't like he could buy her happiness. Something in her fathers look to her said that she was screwed. Lauren knew that her grades were bad and she did everything but being a model student. Aonghas was sweet to her and she rather spend time with her friends than doing homework. Lauren didn't even liked one subject. The only thing she would wanted to try out would be Quidditch. She would have another excuse for her bruises. Now she went sleeping really late so that nobody in her dorm could see her bruises. But how long could she continue with that? But that rather than them finding out. Lauren listened as Gabriella gave the perfect answer. That was what her father wanted to hear. Lauren could lie, but she was too afraid. It was like she would stand in court. Her father felt like a judge. Lauren became a little mad when Gabriella said no distrections. She was lying! Lauren knew she hanged out with a boy. She smirked for a moment. She could not believe her sister. Than her father looked at her. Lauren wanted to go to Greece for a holiday, but on the other hand she could be alone here when they would be gone. It was now her turn. But what ever she would say didn't mattered so she just went for what felt the best she did not care. '' Well.. I think it doesn't even matter what I say. I'm sure I'm not welcome to come along..'' Lauren started of a bit more shaky than she wanted it to be. In her mind she was more brave. '' But I did my best. And I like it at Hogwarts.'' Lauren than said and looked to the ground. It was sure not what her father wanted to hear, but she just didn't cared.

Bryon was ready to listen to his oldest daughter. He hoped she would be smart enough. And when she spoke he nodded along. He was pleased with this answer. He was glad to hear that Gabriella focused on her study in case of doing other stuff. He wasn't a person of joining clubs and was glad that she hadn't. The clubs on schools were just distractions. '' Good.. Good.'' He responded at Gabriella but not too excited. She tried it was clear, but it wasn't like she had all O's. '' Though I am dissapointed that you don't have all outstandings.'' And he expected that. The suggestion she made of bringing her books was the thing he was glad to hear about. It was clear that Gabriella was raised well and she had deserved a reward. '' A good suggestion.'' He than said. She had to take her books with her because she needed to be prepared for het last year. '' Gabriella.. Go upstairs and grab your things. We will leave at midnight.'' He than explained and he was sure the example for Lauren was set. Gabriella didn't need to be around here, she was succeeded. And she did what he told her to do. He didn't forgot about her failure of becoming prefect, but she had a chance of making it up for that.

Than Bryon listened as Lauren started to speak. Without even permission of him, but what did he expected. And than the difference between her and Gabriella was clear again. That arrogance with she spoke. Before she could finish he interrupted. '' You like it? Doing your best?"' He started off a bit irritated. The vein at the side of his head started to show and he took a big sip of his whiskey and put it down hard. '' LIKE IT ON HOGWARTS?!'' He than repeated a bit louder. Was she really so stupid? She could say anything but this? He hadn't expected this. Bryon felt anger boiling. '' IT IS NO PLAYGROUND THERE! ARE YOU THAT STUPID!?'' He screamed and pointed his finger towards her. Than he stood up and walked fast towards her. And pointed his finger in her direction. '' You are right on one thing.. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME!'' He than explained. But if she thought that it would be a party at home it would be the wrong thought. '' THAT BIG MOUTH OF YOURS. I AM DONE WITH THAT. '' He than screamed still angry. '' GO TO YOUR ROOM.. NOW! I CAN'T STAND YOUR FACE HERE.'' Bryon told her and pointed at the stairs. If she would not go he would gladly help her.

Gabriella hoped her answer was good enough. And when her father reacted kind of positive she was glad and sighted befor she could understand what she was doing. But it wasn't enough still. And she knew that she had to do better. She wanted to do too. But the suggestion she made was the one thing that was perfect. And she ment it. It was not something she would just bring in to convince her father.
'' I understand. I will try harder next year.''
Gabriella than added. It was her last year and she needed to show the world what she got. And follow in her fathers footsteps on the Norwegian Ministry of Magic. She nodded as her father thought it was a good suggestion and stood up as she was send to her room because she could go on vacation. Gabriella was kind of happy she had never been to Greece. But than she looked at Lauren and felt a bit pity. She asked herself if Marcos would do the same as her. But she just wasn't brave enough. And she just hoped Lauren would be wise. But when she heard Lauren speaking while walking to the stairs she sighted. This was going wrong again, she just felt it. And she was right. When she heard her father screaming she wanted to walk back, but what could she do? Gabriella looked towards the window of the hallway and saw Lauren. She needed to go to her room, so Gabriella quickly went up the stairs to her room. If her father would see her here listening she was screwed.

She closed the door of her bedroom quickly after her but felt her heart going fast. And than she jumped on her bed to cry in her pillow. This way going on vacation was not what she wanted. She never had a good relationship with Lauren, but with this situation at home she felt more for her little sister. But she didn't want to make her father angry, she was too afraid of what would happen to her. Perhaps she could help Lauren with her study, but she had to work hard on her own too. Gabriella was a bit more selfish in that.'It were choices she had to make. The though of Marcos made her only more sad. If he knew this he would never like her anymore. And now she would be lying to him too. If Lauren would just do what her parents told her, there was no problem. Why did she had to be so stubborn! Gabriella went sitting on her bed. She heard her father still screaming and some loud noises.

Lauren had mixed feelings right now. She felt scared for her father so much that her stomach hurted and Gabriella had to drag her along to home. It was clear that Hogwarts felt more like a home to her than this one. Listening to all the things that Gabriella did good was terrible. It reminded of how less she was. And that hurted. Sometimes more than the bruises her father gave her. Gabriella could go along on vacation and Lauren looked at her older sister for a moment and than back to her father. Lauren knew what would wait for her. But she wished it would be different and had the hope it would be today. But when she saw her fathers face and he started to scream she felt her hands shaking. She almost could not breath, and wanted to leave this room as soon as possible. She put her hands behind her back she wanted to be strong. It had no point of going against her father now. He screamed so hard that he would not even hear it. She was not welcome that was clear, and she knew she was right on that. If she had told differently than the outcoming result would be the same. Gabriella would always be the better one, and she was the less. Lauren started to believe it. If she would not be accepted on the Quidditch Team she would have nothing that she was good at. That was her last chance. And even about that her father would not be proud, she had to lie about being a part of it. Her father didn't liked quidditch. He just wanted them all to work on the Ministry. But Lauren just had no intention of doing that. When her father came closer she put her hands before her head, afraid of what he would do. It was a defence move. She was send to her room, and that was exactly what she wanted. But Lauren became angry too of what her father said. She wanted to hold her tears but could not. It hurted too much, this decline. '' GLADLY!'' Lauren screamed and runned towards the hallway to go up the stairs. Her room was now the only place she wanted to be and even that didn't felt safe.

Bryon was glad Gabriella seemed to be understanding the messenge and he had made clear of that. The way he was punishing Lauren seemed to be working for Gabriella at least. And now he just needed to control his younger daughter. His other daughters still to young one six years and she was the perfect daughter and and copy of her mother so that seemed to be going well and his youngest still two years old. He had to put the most work in his oldest daughters it seemed now. But he seemed to be thinking Lauren didn't deserved anything anymore. She was a hard learner and hard learners needed hard consequenses. He felt his blood boiling and saw Lauren standing up herself, but than that face of hers and he looked at her with a strict look. He didn't want a word anymore nothing. But Lauren seemed to be wanting the last word always. And this time again and he lost it. This was the last drop. But she seemed to be running away from this but Bryon was prepared. He runned towards Lauren and was fast enough to grab her at the arm. '' Don't ever.. speak to me that again..'' He said not screaming anymore but looked at her directly in her eyes to make sure the messenge would be clear. He hold her really tight at her wrist. '' You wanted to go to your room... WELL THAN YOU GO!'' He said a little bit louder and dragged her up to the stairs and opened the door of her bedroom. He was done with this nonsense.

Lauren was angry, so angry and it became more than her fear at this moment. It was an usual pattern since last year this so she just had to find a way to get used to it, because she saw no way out. She was desperate, perhaps desperate for attention? And this was the only attention she got. And all she though right now when she saw her father coming at her again, usually she was a good runner and really fast but this time it felt like she had lead in her shoes. And her father came more quickly at her than before. All she thought was.. where is my mother when you need her? But what did she expect? Her mother had never gaven her anything. She would just look at it and do nothing or walk away from it. She ignored Lauren, and only gave her negative attention. Lauren tried to look away from her father but when he spoke in a strict voice against her she felt scared again. She screwed up again. She felt worse than ever and just thought of how not normal this was, this behavior. Why wasn't she born in another family? Her parents hated her right? Well they should send her away than? But that was not possible for them, because otherwise their reputation would be gone. And people would want to know why a daughter didn't lived at home anymore? And people would start to ask questions? Lauren looked at her father and remained silent. She decided it would be better now if just say nothing anymore. Perhaps nothing ever again, not to her parents. It would made things worse. If she would say nothing, perhaps that was better? She felt her fathers hand on her wrist and it hurted. She wanted to stay strong, but what was the point in that now? She just led it happen, and suddenly she saw her bedroom.

Gabriella heard noises around her. Their house was big, but silent. And she heard everything. Gabriella grabbed a book, but how could she focus now? Perhaps packing her stuff for the holliday would be a distraction? Lauren's room was on the other side of the hallway and she heard the door opening and her father screaming to Lauren. Gabriella figured he was so close so she started to pack her stuff her clothes, books and other stuff she wanted to bring to Greece. But she felt a tear in the corner of her eye. It was hard doing nothing, she knew what played out on the other side of the hallway and she was too afraid. Slytherin was the good house for her, she was not brave at all like Marcos. Gabriella looked of the window to see if her mother came home, but she saw nothing yet. She put her trunk on the bed and looked at the stuff she had been collecting. Gabriella heard a loud noice and couldn't take it anymore, she quickly turned her radio on with some music. It was terrible to act like nothing was happening, but she felt powerless. Than she heard a loud smash, like the door was closing and than she heard someone walking down the stairs. Gabriella waited until she heard nothing anymore, and turned down her volume of her radio to make sure. Than she walked over to the door of her room and slowly opened it to see if the hallway was free. Than it was so quiet in the house, like nothing was happening. Gabriella walked towards the hallway and looked at the stairs if her father was down. Than suddenly she heard Lauren's crying. She was kind of glad to hear.. because it could be worse.. if she would hear nothing at all. Gabriella doubted if she should go inside, but than she felt at the door it was closed. And she didn't want to open it, her father would know he casted a spell on it for sure just like he did earlier. Gabriella walked back to her own room and went sitting on her bed. She needed to rest a bit before going on vacation, but she doubted she could sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back