A trip to the Owlery

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Ellie climbed the steep steps to the Owlery, stopping when she reached the top. Looking around the place she noticed the table she had broke was all in one peace, and the place looked like it always had. But for Ellie, it would never be the same, she didn't like the Owlery any more, it held bad news, for letters held bad news, and the Owlery was were she read them!
"Someones fixed it" She called to Harri, turning around to see if she was there yet.

Harri slowly walked up the last few steps, she still hadn't told Ellie about her parents, how could she? Ellie had enough on her plate with Harri adding to that, "Oh good!" she said fake cheer in her voice, "Well thats one less job for us!" she said softly, "So how you coping?" she asked, much in the way she would any other time.

Ellie turned around and smiled a little. "Yeh! Oh im alrite, but Mike dumped me and i made a right scene of that! I wouldn't usually cry over a boy anall, and now he proborbaly think's im all upset and desperate" She said, sighing. "How have you been?" Ellie asked Harri seriously, A few times when she'd seen her walking about school she hadn't seemed quite herself!

Harri gasped "Seriously? Why? I thought you too were getting on well!" Harri said genuinly suprised, "Me I've been fine," she lied quickly brushing it off easily. "But you and Mike? I thought that was going well!" she said quickly to make sure the subject steered clear of her.

Ellie smiled and sighed lightly, "So did I" She said truthfully, "I don't know what went wrong!"

Harri shook her head "Stupid boys," she said light heartedly, she looked out the window and saw a letter coming, someone would be recieving a letter from someone, she hoped and prayed it wasn't another of her dads letters.

"Yeh" Ellie agreed, before spotting a owl heading for the Owlery.
"Oh god" Ellie said under her breath, her breathing quickened. Who was it for?
What if it was for her? What had happened now!

"Don't panic Ellie its not for us," Harri said watching as the owl swooped straight past them "Its for someone esle okay?" she said softly.

Ellie smiled and let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding, "Sorry" she said to Harri. She had been paranoid about the smallest things for days now!

"It's understandable,"Harri said "You never told me what was so bad about that letter.."she trailed off thinking that was definatly the wrong thing to say "Sorry you don' t have to answer that," she said quickly.

Ellie suddenly realised she hadn't told Harri what was in the letter. She had totally forgot about it, and seemed to just assume she knew!
"Oh I'm sorry Harri, i totally forgot i didn't tell you! Well.. My dad has a girlfriend! Her names Lily, oh and i told you about her didn't I, it's just... She's moved in, and their planning on getting married! I can't believe it, i told my dad how i felt and he told me he hadn't been seeing Lily as muh, he lied to me! It was my Granny and Granda who told me! He doesn't care what i think at all".

Harri looked shocked "Thats terrible Ellie, I'm sorry." she said softly, "Your dad probably didn't know the best way to tell you." she said softly. Then a guilty wave washed over her, Ellie had confided in her but Harri didn't know if she could. No didn't know if she should tell Ellie, she looked at her best friend the last thing she wanted was for her to have to worry about Harri as well. She wrestled with her concious (sp?) before deciding the next time Ellie asked if there was something wrong she would tell her. She stood awkwardly biting her lip, her mind a million miles away.

Ellie smiled and continued to rabble on, "And my Granny and Granda found out she's a Veela, but my dad won't believe them, she's got him spellbound, wrapped round her little finger! I don't know why she wants my Dad though, she's a veela, could have anybody she wanted! But i know there's definately something up, they have nothing in common and she wouldn't be with him if there wasn't something! I mean it's not as if were rich so it's not for the money, i just have to figure out" She told Harri, running her fingers through her hair. "Are you sure your alright?" She asked, noticing Harri was biting her lip and looked a little worried. Crap Ellie, well done.. She said to herself, that was her fault, she was lumping all her problems on Harri!

Harri shook her head her eyes were glazed over and she looked far away, "Maybe she really does love him," she suggested feebly. Ellie asked ehr if she was alright, this was it she had to tell her. She was wrestling with her mind, should she be the one to dump something else on Ellies mind? But she hated keeping secrets from her best friend, she couldn't do it anymore. She knew she had been acting weird lately and Ellie deserved to know she decided to let Ellie decide "Well theres erm, been some home erm erm troubles," she mumbled "But I don't want to dump anything else on you, your already going through enough," she said quietly.

Ellie smiled reassuringly and hugged Harri, "It's fine Harri, please tell me!" She said, if Harri told her she could maybe help her in some way with whatever it was that had happened!

Harri took a deep breath and looked down and her feet which were shuffling nervously on the stone floor, "Well," she mumbled "You'll probably think I'm being silly. Because I am, it's just. My erm," she cleared her throat as she felt tears surfacing "My parents, erm they've split up," she mumbled a tear rolling down her face was quickly followed by many more, she shuffled around not looking at Ellie.

Ellie's hand flew to her mouth and she felt soo bad for Harri. "You're not being stupid! I'm so sorry" Ellie said, hugging Harri again and thinking that this was the last thing her best friend needed!

Harri flung her arms around Ellie the tears flowed quicker "I'm being silly though," she whispered and hugged her friend, all she could think about was her dad.

Tommy walked up to the owlery in HS. He had heard from James and Sam that Harri was in a difficult situation at the moment, he had heard all about it from Sam and knew that both Sam and James and were immensly worried about her and he knew he had to do something. He was always quite close with his cousin but since she had started school he had hardley seen her. He reread his letter quickly
Harri! Hows my favorite cousin?
I've heard your going through a rough time? I'm sorry to hear that, but keep your chin up for me ehh? I know it's hard so soon after Emma but thats life isn't it, I've spoken to your dad and hes really worried about you, whats this about you going to live with your friend here in Scotland? I know its hard for you and everything but isn't that a bit much for Sam? Maybe you should just go there for the first holidays, but promise you'll visit him, he misses you loads mate!
Tommy.
p.s I enclosed a picture of me and you just to cheer you up!

Tommy smiled as he looked at the picture of himself and Harri it was quite a recent one and they both looked great in it! He sealed the envelope and attached it too a small owl before returning to the common room.

((I haven't decided on a celeb yet so just imagine the pic :lol:))

Harri quickly pulled away from Ellie drying her tears as she saw an owl flying towards them. This one didn't swerve at last minute and it was clearly flying towards her and Ellie she bit her lip anxiously hoping Ellie hadn't spotted it, her own heart raced as she thought that it could be from her dad. The owl was getting closer and closer untill it flew right up to her, she was pleased it wasn't more bad news for Ellie and also glad that the handwriting on the front wasn't that of her fathers. She opened it her hands shaking slightly as she began to read. She smiled gently as she realised it was from Tommy her favorite cousin. Something fell to the floor and she slowly bent down to pick it up, she couldn't help but laugh at the picture of her and Tommy that had been taking last time he had visited brightstone, tears rolled down her cheek but she smiled and showed Ellie "It's me and my cousin," she said quietly handing it to her and reading through the letter again.

Ellie turned to see what Harri was looking at, and noticed an owl flying towards the Owlery. She hoped that it would do as the other had and keep on flying, but instead it flew right in through the window and upto Harri. Ellie bit her lip and hoped it wasn't anything bad, but soon grinned as she saw Harri smile. "Oh" Ellie said taking the picture. It was a great one of Harri and her cousin and Ellie was bit taken back, "Woah, Harri you're cousin is fit" She said, before blushing furiosly and going, "Sorry", remembering it was Harri's cousin!

Harri smiled, her face was still tear stricken, but Ellie being happy made her happy, she was used to girls being taken but Tommys appearence but she had never thought Ellie would be" Thats Tommy,my favorite and only cousin as of yet" she said remembering that James was soon to be a dad "Just what you need after Mike.." she said then the idea popped into her head, she knew Tommy was single and now so was Ellie her eyes lit up a little, a hint of her former self returning "Maybe you should write to him sometime..." she said casually.

Ellie grinned and bit her lip as she stared at the picture of Tommy, he was gorgouse! "Sure, I'd love to! That is if he doesn't mind, and you of course" She said as casually as she could manage.

Harri couldn't help but laugh "Course I wouldn't mind," she siad she couldn't wait to see if her plan would work! "He is really lovely as well," Harri said noticing Ellie kept glancing at the picture, "I'm just going to replie quickly," she said, she hadn't told Ellie that she was moving in with Caysi yet and so turned around so Ellie couldn't see what she was writing.
Hey Tommy,
it's lovely to hear from you! I haven't seen you in ages! I have a brightstone weekend soon maybe you could come down, I need to talk things through in person.
Yes I'm moving in with my friend and i know its hard on dad but I can't go back to that house Tommy, its too much, I need to be away from it!
My friends are helping me alot though!
Thanks for the pic i've sent one back of me and my best friend Ellie.
Harri wrote summoning the picture in which Ellie looked stunning and putting it in the letter. "Done," she said turning around and rubbing her tear stained face. "I put a picture of me and you in the letter," Harri said smiling softly.

Ellie smiled when Harri said she was done and that she had sent away a picture of the two, "Cool!" She said with a grin. She was starting to feel a bit better, cheerfull!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back