Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Mazikeen was in a state of true disbelief. She couldn’t really believe that this was her last ever yuleball, that she would only have one last event before she would be graduating. She had always known that this moment would come but the fact it was here and now, felt pretty surreal to her. She had made a good effort for this event, though she didn’t have a date for this celebration, Maze had decided that much like all the other years, it wouldn’t stop her having fun and making sure by her own standards that she looked fun. She wanted to be fun, she wanted to have fun, and the dress and heels, though fancy were good enough for such a celebration and good enough for good movement. She walked into the hall with her head held high. She was walking proudly and she decided to not even waste time at the snacks table. She walked straight to the dancefloor where a good piece of music was playing and she just began dancing. She would have fun, she would forget her worries and just have fun at this yuleball. THis last yuleball.

Willow couldn't believe that it was the yule ball. her last yule ball. It was so different from last year she had come with noelle. it had been the night he had proposed. it had beeen their last date. tonight she was dressed in a short black dress in contract to the long white one she had worn last year. and she was alone. she wasnt going to let last year taint her last ball. she made her way into the hall taking in the decorations though not focusing on them as much as usual. after picking up a mince pie from the food table she made her way to the dance floor. she started to dance when she saw a familiar figure in a simple slip dress also dancing alone. "Hey Maze happy yule" she said spinning in time to the music. "you look great by the way" she said

Normally, Diana loved the yule ball. But this year, she was in a terrible mood. Without Cole to go with her, Diana was on her own again. She wasn't able to get a different date because she was dating Cole, and she didn't want to either. She wanted to be with him at the dance, but she couldn't. But despite knowing she had an amazing boyfriend just an owl away, Diana felt a little pathetic entering the ball on her own as one of the oldest students there. She sighed, crossing her arms as she surveyed the same old decorations. Maybe she shouldn't even have come. Maybe this whole thing was becoming too childish for her. She sighed and looked around for anything to amuse herself, smiling a bit as she spotted Willow nearby. The Gryffindor was fun to annoy, and the fact that there was another Gryffindor nearby just made it more fun. "Maybe I should stay near you." She commented as she passed blue-haired girl. "If I want some entertainment. Think anyone else is going to try to propose? It would be a great disaster to watch." She said with a small smile, then glanced at Mazikeen. "Don't suppose you have a ring burning a hole in your pocket?" She asked her innocently.

Mazikeen was as always lost in her own little world as she began to dance. She tended to just enjoy the music and let herself enjoy how freeing it was to just dance almost nonsensically. She was pulled out of it mostly, not stopping in dancing but taming it a little, as she was approached by Willow, ”Happy Yule Willow,” she said with a warm tone, ”Aww thanks Willow, I love what you’ve got on too,” she joked with her, the black on Willow looked good, she suited it. ”Can you believe this is our last Yule Ball?” she was a little surprised when a second girl joined them. Diana, one of the slytherins in their year, She was a little surprised at what she said to Willow. ”Wow,” she muttered before the girl turned to her, ”That's not a very nice thing to say Diana. This is our last yuleball, let us have our fun,”

willow nodded. "I know. It seems so long since we were first years" she said. trying to even remember what she had worn to her first yule ball. "were we ever that little" she said as a couple of first years, at least she could only think they were first years as they were so small, cam dancing past them.
Willow heard a snide remark come from behind her. she was going to ignore Dianna but she kept on talking. "Hiss off holland" she said. she was going to leave it at that however diana kept on talking about proposals. it had been a year ago when Noelle had proposed to her. and she was over it. "If there are going to be any proposals here tonight. it is not going to be to me is it?" she said. her eye roll clear in her tone of voice. "but for someone who claims to hate me you do seem to pop up all the time. there is not something you want to say is there? or if you just want some friends to dance with you can join us. but we are here for a fun evening. not for drama and pitching" she said hoping Dianna would pick up on what she wa implying. she quickly glanced at maze hoping that her friend was not going to take offence at it. "nice dress by the way, very Morticia Addams" she said. it did suit her. in a way, she was sure it wouldn't suit her. she was too much of an athletic build and while it was a classic black she didn't think her colouring would suit the sophisticated style.

Diana rolled her eyes at Willow's attempts to make her leave. She would hang around as long as she wished. "Well, I was surprised last time too." She told the Gryffindor when she said proposals wouldn't be for her tonight. "But you're right, it's doubtful there are two boys at Hogwarts with so little self respect." She used out loud. "I never claimed to hate you." She added with an innocent smile. Diana glanced at Mazikeen dismissively. "If my presence is enough to stop you from having fun, it can't be a very good ball." She said lightly. "Thanks, Willow. I'd return the compliment if your dress resembled anything at all." She said, eyeing her up and down with a disapproving glance. "Besides a mess, that is."

sorry I'll make her leave soon

Mazikeen listened as Willow aid something back to Diana. She knew from what others said and from previous years that Diana had a partner, they just weren’t at school anymore. She wondered if part of this was a little loneliness. But she didn’t think it was good for anything. It didn’t help anything. She shook her head a little at the girl. ”Diana please, just let us have our fun and you can have your fun with someone else, elsewhere.” she felt like she was repeating herself slightly but it was the only thing she wanted to say to the girl. She wanted her to leave them alone. She wanted to just dance with her friend, and they could have a good amount of fun without her.

willow listened to Dianna talk on a continuous stream of insults and jibes at her. She was about to give a comeback but she realised it was just bringing herself down to Dianas level. and anything she said dianna would just use as ammunition, twist it and send it back at her. "If you can't add anyhting good to the evening we dont need or want you and you can just bugger off" she said moving around a little to change how she was standing making it clear that she was talking to Maze and snubbing Dianna. "Come on maze lets dance" she said startig to dance not caring that she looked like an idiot but that she was enjoying her last ball and not letting Dianna ruin it.

Diana sighed dismissively as Mazikeen asked her to leave again, as if she was going to listen to her telling her what to do. But as Willow started to ignore her and started to dance, Diana realized this wasn't worth it. It hadn't been as much fun as she had expected, bugging the Gryffindors. And she rolled her eyes as she left. "Whatever." She muttered, her eyes already scanning the hall for anything else to do.

Mazikeen had half thought that Diana wouldn’t leave them alone. She looked to Willow and nodded in agreement, she would happily dance with her friend and never let the night get ruined by someone like that slytherin. She was pleased when she moved off. ”I’m sorry she was mean to you, Willow,” she said, she knew it wasn’t her fault, but she thought it might be good reassurance. ”But let’s just dance and it won’t ruin anything,” the prefect said, easily getting back into the rhythm of dancing.

Willow smiled when Diana left them and turned to Maze. she shook her head as her friend appologised for diana being mean "It wasn't your fault. that is just what diana is like at least to me" she said shrugging. yeah she was mean and wound her up but sheh ad sort of geten used to it and while it annoyedher she knew not to really listen to what the girl was saying. "Yes dancing is good. and i do like this song"' she said as an upbeat song started to play. as she spon she saw noelle was there with saphire she looked away quickly before she caught them watchng. She was glad that they were there together and having a good time. she felt a little guilty for what had happened last year but she was glad that he had moved on.

Mazikeen smiled at Willow, ”I know, but still, you don’t deserve that, you know that right?” she was sure WIllow did. Willow was a strong person and she was sure that Diana’s words wouldn’t really affect her, but she felt like she needed to say it anyway, she felt like she needed to be sure, assure her friend of it. The song that was playing was not perhaps her favourite song, but she could agree with Willow, it was a good song. The teen just went back to dancing, enjoying herself with her friend, ot thinking about anything but how much fun it was to spend this last yuleball dancing - it wasn’t that different to how she spend the first but she knew she was entirely different, that she was an entirely different person. It was fun. This was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back