Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was bored out of her mind. Wasnt there anyone interesting to talk to?

Seeing Sapphire over the break had unnerved Frankie and he'd spent the rest of the Christmas break skulking about their flat, getting on his mother's nerves. The idea that Sapphire was so close, and that he could just go hang out with her any time, no questions asked, had been an appealing one, but still Frankie found himself hesitating. He'd really enjoyed Sapphire's company, but they'd made it clear that it didn't mean anything, and Frankie was okay with that, really. Still, once the holidays had ended, Frankie found he'd regretted not taking Sapphire up on her offer to come over.

Sending the letter had been his mum's idea, in part. It was also a good way to convince her he actually had friends so she'd worry less about his loitering habit. Sitting down to write it was harder than he'd expected, but when it was finally finished it, Frankie quickly sealed it and passed it to the owl they'd borrowed from their neighbor before he could overthink it and change his mind.

Princess,

Hopefully this letter actually makes it to you, I'm kinda gambling on how many Sapphires any one school could have. I haven't been about to find any good neighborhood bbq's lately, so I figured bothering you by owl was the next best thing, assuming you've got time to respond while you're off at school while you're busy doling out righteous prefect justice (I'm assuming you're not allowed to punch any more ex's now, huh).
I'm sure you've got to have a few boring classes in there somewhere where you could spare a moment to write a note to us poor unassuming folks back here alone in Brightstone. You were better company than anyone else around here, anyway.

-Frankie

Sapphire had been sleeping in a window when the flapping of wings startled her awake. She jumped, blinking her bleary eyes at the small creature. She took the letter and offered a small treat from her pocket- Stone would hardly notice it was missing- and sat up to read it. She hardly noticed the smile that broke out across her face as she read it. Frankie? She hopped out of the window and sauntered to the student lounge, sitting at a table and writing out a reply before heading up to the owlery to see Stone.

Hey, Frankie boy!

Unless you're after the other black-haired, blue-eyed gemstone, there's only one of me. Thank Merlin for that. Your owl did almost knock me out of my window. I was having a rather nice cat nap, thank you. And for your information, my ex is a prefect. He was when we were dating. If punching a prefect didn't stop me before I doubt being one myself is going to be an issue. But I don't date, so it's a moot point anyway.

I suppose I could try and find some time in the day- somewhere, I could probably squeeze in a few notes. Not like I missed your stupid face or something. What is nobility without a few peasants mucking about? There's not really anything interesting at school anyway. The usual drama, I suppose, but aside from the Quidditch team, there isn't much to distract me. I'm an alternate beater, and there's a game coming up so I've been practicing in case they need me. Do write back, yeah? It's rather rude to leave the nobility waiting.

~Sapphire

Frankie found he was pleasantly surprised when Sapphire wrote him back. He'd been half expecting his owl to disappear into the ether and never come back, it wouldn't exactly be the first time. Frankie was prepared for that outcome, he was the weekend visit, the rebound date, and not much else, it was fine. So when Sapphire's owl appeared at his window not longer after he'd sent the letter, he was still cautiously pessimistic, expecting a letter for his mum perhaps. But there was no mistaking it was for him, and he rolled his eyes fondly as he skimmed through it, absently petting the owl before slinking upstairs to respond.

Princess,

Don't worry, I already decided which twin I'd rather be talking to, your brother is safe. I'm glad my owl can keep you on your toes, perhaps more literally than intended. I didn't mean to leave you pining for so long you fell asleep in the window, my bad. I'll make sure to write you quicker next time, leave the longing stares out the window to a minimum. And if anything, I think you should be entitled to even more prefect punching now you have the badge. You should check the rules on that.

Don't worry, I didn't forget the no dating thing. It's too much hassle anyway.

I'm glad you're so generous to grace me with your time, goodness knows us poor peasants out here are in desperate need of the entertainment. Have you considered clocking your next ex with the beater's bat? Maybe it's for the best you're not dating, I fear for the poor guy's skull.

Hopefully my owl doesn't get lost, Merlin knows I'm not that far away.

Would hate to keep you waiting,

-Frankie

Sapphire was fresh out of the Quidditch pitch when she heard the wings of an owl. She looked up, grinning as the creature flew towards her. She paused, taking the letter and offering a treat. She stuck the paper in her pocket and found a quiet corner away from everyone. She couldn't help but smile as she read, sneaking off as soon as she'd finished to write back.

Frankie boy,

Well, that's good. It is nice to be the favorite twin. I do hope Stone didn't give you any trouble. He's a jealous little bird. He doesn't like sharing attention. Leave it to Onyx to find the dramatic bird.

As for the longing stares, I must inform you. I don't believe you've found your genie yet, so alas you must add it to your list of wishes. Of course, if this is your way of wanting me to miss you, you'll need to work much harder than that for me to admit to any such thing- if it exists.

Thinking back on it (I tend to think back a lot since I never seem to think when I'm doing) I can see how the 'no dating' comment in my first letter could have come across as a slightly cross reminder. We're friends now, so I suppose it isn't too forward to tell you that the 'no dating' rule has nothing to do with you and implies to anyone that may come into my life. I'm bad luck, Frankie boy. You have distance to protect you, so I don't worry too much about you getting the short end of the stick. I just don't want to find myself caring for someone like that and seeing my luck hurt them again.

Of course, the nobility can grace the peasants with a touch of time. If there are no peasants, there's no one to adore the royalty. Bold of you to assume there would be a next time. I've learned my lesson with dating and I don't need to be told I'm rubbish twice. I do have quidditch to keep me going, though.

Speaking of, we just won our game and the common room is a bit noisy. I should probably get back. I failed as a beater today, the seeker got taken out. I think I redeemed myself though- for some odd reason I was put in as her replacement and the alternate seeker took my place (it was just as well, I hadn't hit a thing the entire game). The point being I actually caught the snitch. It probably irritated the alternate seeker. He's got a rather big ego for such a young kid and he seems to be a bit full of himself.

I should get back before they come looking for me.

~Sapphire

Frankie tried not to smile too obviously when he spotted Sapphire's owl back at the window again, quickly excusing himself upstairs before his mum could notice and ask him about it. The last thing he needed was her good-naturedly prying into his relationships. She already worried about him enough.

Trading an owl treat for the letter, Frankie ripped into it, smiling when he saw this one was a bit longer. It was a little scary how easy it could feel to get carried away writing back to Sapphire. Things were easier to say in writing somehow, and Frankie had a few drafts balled up on the floor that revealed way too much before he could finally send his reply back off. At least writing let him start over again if he got a bit too personal.

Princess,

I think the secret to Stone's heart might be treats. Certainly seems to work for other people I know. But then again I am very likable. With good taste in snacks. So maybe take that with a grain of salt.

And I would never assume your wistful window staring was about me. I'm sure you have plenty of handsome, clever, funny Hogwarts boys who are amazing kissers to sigh about. No reason for you miss little ol' me then.

You don't need to protect me, don't worry. I think no dating is a perfectly sane rule to have these days. And you don't need to try to explain yourself to me. It's cool. I get it. What's a guy to do if he can't tease pretty girls via owl every now and then. No strings and no heartbreak here, promise.

Congrats on the win, not surprised to hear you're a girl of many talents. Though I guess I should be careful throwing compliments like that around, I think I've heard big ego is rampant in Quidditch player circles.
Hope you don't forget me and can find more time between your wild celebrating and Quidditch stardom. What would I do without my royalty to adore, right?

-Frankie

Sapphire was eating breakfast when Stone popped in, landing on her shoulder. She cooed at him, giving him some attention before opening the letter. Stone watched her as she read, and she couldn't help but smile. She dug in her bag, offering Stone the treat he was waiting for before grabbing a notebook and a purple pen.

Frankie boy,

I'm surprised he likes you. Maybe he just thinks you're cute. I do.

I can't confirm or deny any of those statements. I'm sure I wouldn't know, anyway. You must be susceptible to my thoughtless ways. I've stolen dances, given my best smiles, and I still can't seem to convince the boys here to kiss me. There was the one, but he was never much for kissing anyway. I'm starting to feel a bit left out, Frankie boy. And theres some kinds of attention I cant get from my brother.

I don't believe in promises, Frankie boy. They're just pretty words. I'll choose to believe you this time- we'll consider this your free promise. Do be careful of the next one, I might not believe it so easily.

There is one more game coming up, Slytherin versus the Beauxbatons school. I'll let you know how it goes. Leda and Liam, the captains, they've been working us hard. But I dont mind. I enjoy myself.

How could I forget you? You still owe me a ride on that bike when you get it fixed up. The big break is coming up, I'll have two months to sit around and play video games. Who knows, maybe I'll see the common riffraff about. Onyx is rather terrible at my games. Perhaps I should try to see if there are any better second players mucking about.

~Her Royalness

Sapphire plopped down onto her bed after the quidditch match, feeling rather exhausted. She wrote out a quick note, dreading the trudge up to the towers to send it but knowing she would anyway.

Frankie boy,

I know I already sent the one. Just letting you know you might need to worry about that Quidditch ego. I beat the tar out of the beaux team before Blake caught the snitch and we won. They beat us last year, so it felt great to kick their butt this year.

~Sapph

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back