OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Avarian
Kami was so unbelievably nervous. She'd been so anxious all day. Of course, it hadn't set in until she'd come back home to find her house still a mess. She'd cleaned up breakfast with shaking hands. This had really happened. She had spent the night with Avarian. That just proved she was powerless against him. She couldn't do that again. She sighed, fidding with her hair in the mirror for the hundredth time as she waited for him to arrive. Was her dress too simple? Too much? She groaned. Why was she so nervous? She bit her lip, twirling a dark strand around her finger. Ian would be here any minute now. Of course, he would. Right? She glanced at the clock, her thoughts racing.

Everything was set. Ian checked everything in the house before deciding it was already time to pick up Kami. He checked himself in the mirror before picking up his wand. The man wondered how Kami would react to apparating for the first time. He chuckled at the thought just before apparating with a crack. He appeared in the middle of the room. Kami was there, twirling her hair. "Worried I won't come?", he teased as she approached her at the mirror. Standing behind her, he placed his arms on her shoulders before kissing her on one of them. Meeting her gaze on the mirror, he smiled. "You look beautiful tonight." He had lost count how many times he had to remind himself how lucky he was to have found her again.

Kami nearly jumped out of her skin as Ian appeared in the middle of the room. "Avarian, you're going to kill me," She declared, placing a hand over her pounding heart. "And.... Maybe just a little," she admitted softly. She turned to face him as he kissed her shoulder, breath catching in her throat. "Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself," She smiled up at him. "Oh, Ian." She reached down and took his hand to keep him still. "Do you have a cell phone?"

Ian chuckled at her response although it saddened him that Kami still doubted him. Who was he to blame her? He left her for a decade. If it wasn't for the chance encounter at the B & B, who knew they would meet again. The moment she turned to look at him, their faces already so close, he was tempted to kiss her full on the lips. He leaned in to press his lips on hers when she stopped him with a squeeze of the hand and a weird question. "A phone? Yeah, I keep one.", he pulled his phone from his pocket. Out of habit, he kept the muggle device in his pocket. "What do you need it for?", he asked when he realized what a stupid question it was.

Kami smiled nervously at him, tucking her hair behind her ear. He had moved closer and she didn't bother stepping away. "Well, Iiii was hoping maybe we could exchange numbers?" She bit her lip, looking away shyly. "I don't really... Like not being able to talk to you when you're gone." She admitted softly, rubbing the back of her neck. It was a tiny, tiny, tiny step in trusting him, but it was really hard to admit anything to him. But she wanted this to work. More than anything.

Ian smiled as he looked down on Kami while the woman was explaining why she asked for his phone. He chuckled, pressing his lips onto hers. He could not resist it anymore. "Well, type away woman. I'd love to send messages to you more every day." He engulfed her in his arms. "Although I could just appear him any time of the day if I want to see you.", he pulled away before adding, "Or you can just move in with me. Or I can spend my nights here. That way I don't need to come home to an empty house and you get to look forward to me coming home at the end of the day." He winked. He made it sound like a joke but he was serious and meant every word he said.

Kami hesitantly kissed Ian back, heart thundering in her ears. She patted his chest, chuckling nervously and stepping away. "Sure, sure, Killian would love that. Ten years, one date, and he's living in the guest room." She cleared her throat and pulled out her phone, adding a new contact and glancing up at Ian. "I-I suppose I could make up the guest room," She added shyly, "For every now and then, I mean." She bit her lip and shook her head. "A-anyway, quit distracting me. I am hungry, you know." She scolded playfully.

Ian's eyes went wide at the mention of Killian in the guest room. "Is he here?", he sounded worried although his voice dropped in a stage whisper. Killian did not know about his magic and it would be ironic to be caught by a muggle wherein he was the one to be monitoring improper use of magic. He took the phone, glanced at her number and pressed call. When Kami's phone rang, he grinned at it before holding it up to Kami's face and sneakily took a picture. Pleased with his shot, a professional photographer he was, he put back his phone and took note of Kami biting her lip. "Why make a guest room when we can share?", he jested with a wink. He pulled her close, brought out his wand and winked. "So dinner it is. Hold tight, sweetheart." With a flick, they disappeared and in seconds arrived in Ian's living room. His hold was steady on her as he let her get her bearings after magical transportation.

Kami giggled. "What, Killian? No, I locked him out." She whispered conspiratorially. Kami giggled as Ian called her phone. She needed a picture for him, didn't she? "Hold still," She told him, quickly snapping a picture. She looked up at him, about to scold him, but he pulled her close first and told her to hold on. Instinctively, she raised her hands up to his chest, looking at him with wide eyes. The next thing she knew, they were moving. She squeaked, squeezing her eyes shut and burying her face in his chest. She stood there for several moments after the movement stopped, holding tightly to the man. Finally, she slowly raised her eyes to meet his. "Well," She managed breathlessly, "You must save a lot on airfare." She teased, brushing her hair from her eyes.

Ian chuckled after Kami took his picture. "Now that was sneaky.", he teased. He thought of taking a picture of them together later on. This was one of the many perks he liked about the muggle contraption. With Kami using one, he seemed to be using it as often now.
The man knew the woman already had herself steady after an apparition. Yet, he did not want to let her go from his hold. Stroking her hair from her eyes, he claimed her lips in a kiss again. "Flying? I actually enjoy using the muggle version of flying." He then took her hand and led her to the dining room.

Kami smiled warmly up at Ian after he kissed her. There were a million things she wanted to say, to tell him, but they all stuck in her throat. She followed him as he took her hand and led her away, looking around. "You have a very nice house," She told him. "Did you decorate on your own or did Ava help you?" She inquired. "Oh, that reminds me. You have another child?" She asked curious.

Ian smiled at Kami's compliment. He fell in love with the house the moment he saw it advertised four, five years ago. "Thanks. It was already furnished when I moved in but Ava did more changes especially with room decor and paint." It had changed in the past few years though, starting with the wall decors made by Ava and Emily. The moment his second daughter crossed his mind, Kami asked about her. Ian pulled out a chair for the woman before answering. "Emily. You should meet her. She's a wonderful girl. I am sure Arthur would get along with her well. She's the milder version of me, perhaps." He chuckled. He took the seat across her and poured wine for both of them.

Kami listened as Ian spoke, pausing as they came into the dining room. Her breath caught at the sight of the table. She smiled shyly at Ian as he pulled out the chair for her. She took a seat, taking the wine once he'd poured it. "Thank you," She smiled softly, taking the glass in her hand. "Is Emily Helene's daughter as well?" She asked, swirling the wine around in her glass a bit.

Ian smiled as he watched Kami settled at the table. He was quite relieved that she took the idea of Emily easily. He was just about to ask how her day was when the woman asked the next question. He was silent for a bit before he took her plate, cut the steak into smaller pieces. "She was... Charlotte's daughter.", he said in a low voice, avoiding her gaze as he finished cutting the meat before placing the dish back in front of her. He braced himself for her reaction.

Kami grew nervous as Ian seemed to fidget in his seat. She raised a brow as he took her steak. She was going to tease him about it but he spoke first. She was silent a moment, ignoring the little stab of jealousy. She took a sip of her wine instead before setting it down. She hesitated before reaching across the table and cupping his face in her hand. "Hey, it's in the past, right? I'd... kinda like to focus on the now. I mean... I did just get this delicious looking steak. And it was my bed you were in the other night," She tried to reassure him. "I hope you still talk to Charlotte, of course. But... as long as this bit is mine, then... it's okay."

She bit her lip, pulling her hand back. Maybe she'd ask how that happened, but not tonight. She sat back in her seat and gave him a nervous smile. She hoped he knew how serious she was about this. To try and show she wasn't going to linger on it, she picked up her fork and took a bite of the steak. "Mmm," She moaned, shutting her eyes as she chewed. It was cooked to a perfect medium-rare and seasoned beautifully. "Did you make this?" She asked, suddenly very focused on her food as she took another bite. She hadn't realized how hungry she was before now. Had she eaten today? She couldn't recall.

Ian let out the breath he did not realize he was holding. He knew Kami was disappointed and it somehow showed by the silence and the wine sip. She took his hand and his heart swelled as he listened to her speak. He almost chuckled at the mention of the bed. Her bed. "Last night was your bed. We can try mine tonight." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, although he was joking. When Kami said he should be talking to Charlotte, his face became bland. "She preferred nothing." he just said with a serious tone.
When Kami pulled back her hand, Ian missed its warmth. So while she tried the steak, he reached out to take her hand back, giving it a squeeze. "Thank you. For giving me,us another chance." He gazed into her eyes lovingly, ignoring her question about food.

Kami blushed as Ian teased her, smacking his arm lightly. She didn't tell him that if she had much more than this one glass, spread sparingly throughout the evening, that ending up in his bed was an absolute possibility. She swallowed her food as he told her Charlotte preferred nothing. "Well... That's her loss, then." She wouldn't admit that the woman's disinterest in the man soothed her nerves a little. She bit her lip as he took her hand in his, looking away from the intensity of his gaze.

"O-of course." She stuttered, cheeks burning. She inhaled shakily. "I... I could give you some flippant response. Killian would be upset if I did, its better for Arthur. But..." She couldn't bring herself to look back at Ian. "Killian and I have argued about it for ten years. And you'll be a part of Arthur's life no matter the relationship we have. I..." She took a shaky breath before turning to look up at Ian from under dark lashes. "I've... Never really managed to stop caring about you, Avarian."

She looked away, pulling her hand from his to tuck her hair behind her ear. "Having you reappear so unexpectedly... I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to think." She laughed nervously. "Judging by what happened last night, I'm... I'm going to have to play this very carefully." She bit her lip to keep herself from finishing the thought. If she didn't watch herself, it would be much, much to easy to fall helplessly in love with the man across from her.

Ian just wiggled his eyebrows at Kami. He knew that she was a light drinker but even so, he was determined to respect her wishes on what he called it 'probation'. He took a big bite from his food, shrugging and implying they would not talk about Charlotte anymore for that evening.
His smile never faded from his mouth, instead, it was getting wider at her statements. He knew how hard it was to argue with Killian. That man saw no reason when it came to Avarian. If it wasn't for Arthur, her brother would beat him to a pulp already. "Having left you - it was the greatest mistake I've ever made. Having left you alone, without knowing that you'd spend all these years caring for Arthur. It's made me feel even worse." He sighed. "I'm gonna make this right. Gonna make this right.", he told her with conviction. He flashed him an assuring smile at her. He stood up and headed to the fridge to retrieve Kami's favorite dessert. He placed it on the table before bending over to capture her lips in a kiss.

Kami looked up as Ian spoke, a blush covering her cheeks at his words. She tucked them away for later, torn between wanting to believe them and not trusting that he meant what he said. She took another bite of her steak, and managed to get through three more before he returned. She had just taken a sip of wine when she saw what he'd brought out. Her mouth watered at the sight of the dessert. Had he really remembered her favorite after all this time? She turned to ask him a question but was stopped as he kissed her. Her breath caught in her throat and she brought a hand up to his face. She couldn't help but lean into him a bit, but after a long moment she pulled away.

With a shy smile, Kami brushed his hair out of his eyes. "Ian, you made such wonderful food. Why don't you sit down and we can eat?" She batted her eyes at him. "You've never told me much about your past, where you came from. I can understand why now, but now that I know, I would love to know more about you." She tried to steer him back to something else.

Ian just kept a soft smile on his face. He loved surprising Kami and the delight on her face at the sight of her favourite treat was more than enough for him to wink. Sat again across the woman, he took a couple of bites of his food before considering her question. "Well, you already know about my career before and my family. You discovered my cooking.", he laughed. "You already know about magic. I guess, there isn't much." Then he remembered. "I have a twin. Evelyn. She's married with kids. Ava had met them already and probably introduced Arthur to them by now." It was a wonder he did not have twins for kids when he has a twin himself.

Kami was content to eat in silence for a moment as Ian thought about his life. She looked up, taking another sip of her wine as he spoke. When he mentioned a married twin, she smiled. "Of all the things you chose not to tell me, Ian, you left out that we're both twins." She smiled. "It's a miracle then there was only one Arthurian." She giggled, taking the last bite of her steak. "Though I don't know if I could have managed twins." She shook her head. "Oh, Ian, I almost forgot. Karissa called yesterday and asked if you would be open to having lunch with us tomorrow. Killian might not like you but my baby sister still adores you." She joked lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back