A Rose between The Shelves

Espen Manning

OOC First Name
Cian
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual, tbd.
Wand
knotted 9½ inch yew wooden wand, doxy wing core and unyielding
For a moment Espen was thinking that Evelyn even wrote a little alongside her cheeky sign-up, that he was meant to deliver as many roses as he could possibily be fed up with. Another rose, another yellow one and he was looking around; trying to find someone he did not even know. When he asked around, his voice always a little louder and piercing through the silence of the library he had received plenty of looks; people frowning and the librarian hissing at him in annoyance as he wandered around, wary and unaware of where to go next to find a student he had never spoken to. "Lennon Cohen-Knight. Please, tell me someone has seen him.. talked to him before, is his friend.. siblings.. I don't care; please, tell me where I could find him ??" Another hiss and a book was raised, the librarian almost seemed like she was threatening him to swap one of those heavy books across his head. That's the least he wanted from this holiday. Girls slapping him with hard objects.

Lennon had forgotten that today was Valentine's Day and the entire castle would be bustling with rose deliveries until he had received one of his own earlier today. It had surprised him but he didn't think he'd be getting any more for the day so she decided to hide out in the library to avoid the busyness of the day. He hadn't expected to be hearing his name being called out though. Curiously he stood up from where he'd just parked his stuff and stood up. "Hey, I'm Lennon," he said with a little wave of his hand to the boy who seemed desperate to find him.

As Espen tried his best to avoid the librarian at all costs, who only seemed to become more heated and angry with him as he tried to raise his voice in order to catch people's attention; to deliver the rose that he held in his hand; Espen noticed some movement and eventually a boy rose from his seat, waving at him and indicating that he was in fact the Lennon that the rose was meant for. Trying to be as quiet as possible, he walked up to him and smirked. "Rose Delivery." He nodded. "You want me to read it, or are you reading it yourself ?? I'd choose the latter, the librarian would probably send books flying after me to bite me in my bum if I raise my voice one more time."

Lennon raised his eyebrows in surprise when the boy announced that he had a rose delivery for him. "Oh," he blinked, "Cool," he added trying to rummage through his mind who would send him one. He chuckled when the boy offered to read it and shook his head, holding his hand out for the note. The boy was pretty loud and he didn't want his rose message to be announced to the entire library in case it was embarrassing. "No thanks, I'll read it myself," he said chuckling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back