Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pan
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Applewood Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Michael was still somewhat surprised that Kas had agreed to go to the Yule Ball with him, seeing as his theatrics might have been a little over the top in hindsight. The Gryffindor gave the sides of his hair a pat as he walked in the Great Hall, reassuring himself that the gel potion he had used was still working. The boys hadn't made definite plans for the ball other than going together; Michael figured they'd just find each other there. Adjusting his jacket, he started a round along the edge of the room, keeping an eye out for the Hufflepuff. "How's it shakin'?" he sang once he found his date, performing an odd wiggling dance along with it.

School dances usually weren't Kas' thing. Hanging back and laughing at everyone was more Kas' thing, which made being here, with an actual date, all the more harrowing. Loitering near a punch bowl, Kas did his best to resist the urge to keep checking over his shoulder, reminding himself he didn't care what the general population of the school thought as he sipped at his drink. He was still relieved when Michael showed up, though the relief quickly dissolved into something closer to exasperated when Michael began.. wiggling. "You know, I'm thinking you don't even need me here, you can impress everyone else with those dance moves all by yourself," He said wryly, giving Michael a dry round of applause for his joke. "Happy Yule and all that," Kas added, giving Michael a small toast with his cup. He was actually rather impressed that Michael looked nice tonight, though Kas wasn't really sure what he was expecting, even if the image was thrown off by Michael's sense of humour.

Michael couldn't help but grin at Kas' compliment. His dance moves were adequate, but if you did anything with confidence, people thought it was cool. "Aw, but then I wouldn't get to hear your adorable commentary," he joked and then made a funny face at the boy. Maybe his dance moves were a bit out there, but he always seemed to bring a good time. Michael grabbed a beverage off the table and leaned against it toasting along with Kas and took a sip. "Well, let's not waste these savy outfits. Shall we?" he asked his date, holding his hand out as he finished his drink and placed the cup back on the table.

Kas scrunched up his face at Michael when he called him adorable, not missing the irony of them both pulling faces at each other. "My commentary is pithy and clever, thank you very much," He said with a sniff, though he still couldn't help the hint of a smile at Michael's antics. Kas hadn't realized sincerity or Merlin forbid, goofiness, was apparently a quality he found endearing, and yet here he was. At least Michael didn't take himself too seriously, Kas reasoned, setting his drink aside when Michael offered him his hand and Kas realized he'd actually have to dance now. "Uh, lead the way," He said, suddenly less sure about this as he took Michael's hand. It wasn't like he was worried about looking foolish, Michael had already dragged them past that hurdle in leaps and bounds, which was almost freeing, but despite all Kas' bluster, he realized he was actually nervous about tonight. Not that he'd ever admit it, but it was a bit daunting to be out here, dancing with a date. How very stereotypical of him, Kas thought, mentally reprimanding himself.

Michael was glad Kas seemed to be returning equally on their banter and grabbed his hand to lead him to the dance floor. The music a good beat and definitely not a partner dance kind of piece. He started to step touch and gave Kas a big smile. "I'm glad you ended up saying yes. I hope I didn't make you regret it too much," he said jokingly as he shook his head with the music.

Through sheer willpower, Kas managed to resist the urge to cross his arms, shuffling along with Michael's much more enthusiastic dancing. If he could focus on whatever Michael was doing it was easier to stop the running commentary in his own head about the unkind things he could imagine other people thinking about them. The kind of things he'd be thinking if he wasn't the one on the dance floor himself. "That remains to be seen," He said haughtily, though it was hard to keep up the stand-offish act and not smile as Michael kept dancing. "I think I'm actually having fun, it's terrifying. I don't know how you do it all the time," He said, side-stepping in time with the music to try and keep up with Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back