Open A New Surprise Area

Fenton Fuller

Goofball

OOC First Name
Sam
@Blake Lodge
Fenton had been exploring the school, there was so much to see! He had fallen in love with the lakefront, a place where he wished he could go for a quick swim, although he hadn't quite yet. He wanted to wait until it was warmer at least. Fenton was not one for cold weather. Instead of gazing longingly at the slightly cold lake, Fenton decided he would have to look around the area to see what else it had to offer.

Walking around the lakefront, Fenton noticed a cliff! Now that was awesome. He wondered why more people did not come to this area. It was basically just the young Gryffindor boy, maybe. He did see a moving dot in the distance, it could be another student or some wonderful animal. Fenton had yet to see a magical creature. He was told that they would be roaming around the grounds by his older brother, Declan. However, Declan was known to stretch the truth in attempts to mess with his younger brother. It hasn't been that long, maybe eventually. Fenton thought knowing at least he would be able to take Care of Magical Creatures in a couple years. That guaranteed magical creatures, right?

Pushing his thoughts away from the negatives, Fenton looked at the view in front of him. It was wonderful! The cliffs looked like they could drop down forever, almost as if it was a portal to another world. He wondered if any students had ever bungee jumped off the cliffs, a terrifying yet intriguing thought. Fenton had always wanted to do more extreme activities that caused that adrenaline, it was why he was loving flying so much. But he also cared about safety. He loved the thrill, but he wasn't stupid. There had to be a balance, much like the rocks that seemed to be perfectly balanced with one another to create this beautiful area.

Last edited:
Blake was watching a young boy from a distance. He started to get closer and she recognised him, he was a first year too. She remembered seeing him in class and he was also from her house. She saw him get too close to the cliffs and walk towards him.
"Careful!" she said to him as she kept walking in his direction "Don't go over that fence there, you might fall. The cliffs are beautiful yeah but like most things in nature beautiful means deathly too. Women are an example of that" she said winking at him. She could see the shine in his eyes, the same kind she had when she first visited the cliffs, the eyes of a young explorer that just wants to find a beautiful and breathtaking place maybe to hang out a couple of times and gather some thoughts.
"I'm Blake by the way" she said putting her hand in between them trying to go for a handshake "but you already know that from the Charms class where I presented myself. I remember you but I don't remember your name sorry, I'm just the worst with faces and names" she said apologetically. Blake could have sworn she knew him for years, something about that boy made her feel really comfortable around him.
"If you think the view is pretty right now you should check it out at night. This is the best view of the sky, I guarantee" she said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear "I can tell it's the best view because I was here one night and I was caught off guard when an Astronomy class came to see the sky. Don't come here on friday nights. It seems ironic cuz you are meant to have fun on friday nights but don't have fun here." she said laughing like she had just said the funniest joke she had heard "Sorry, I'm talking too much. I'm not usually like this though"

Fenton turned his head as he heard another voice. The moving dot in the distance was a person after all. The young boy looked at the girl moving towards him. She looked familiar, he was sure of it. Maybe she was in a few of his classes. Honestly, Fenton could not be sure. He did not have the best memory for dates or times or even names most the time. It was the random stuff he remembered, but never anything useful it seemed. If Fenton did not write down almost every important thing in his planner, the young boy would probably wonder around all day, none the wiser that he was missing something.

Fenton took caution as the girl warned him. She must know something he did not. Fenton was still in the process of learning, after all this was his first time even discovering this cliff. The young Gryffindor boy took a tiny step back as he listened to the girl who had approached him. Upon hearing the smile about women being dangerous and deadly, Fenton smiled wide. This new company was bold and honest it seemed. It intrigued the young boy. Fenton let out a laugh, "I'll have to keep that in mind" He added observing the girl, trying to get a feel of her personality.

Fenton was relieved when the girl introduced herself again. Charms Class that's it. That's why I feel like I've seen her The young boy thought extending his hand to give a handshake as well. "I'm Fenton, Nice to officially meet you Blake" He said shaking the girl's hand. He had never been great at formal introductions. He released the girl's hand and looked at the view once again. It was beautiful, yet terrifying. The young girl was spot on with her description earlier.

The young Gryffindor boy listened as Blake spoke about the spot at night. Fenton closed his eyes for a moment trying to picture the cliffs with a full starry sky above. The image probably did not even come close to doing it justice. Fenton opened his eyes and turned to the girl, who did not seem shy in the least. "I''ll have to come back at night then. But don't worry I'll avoid Fridays" He said with a kind smile. "I'll just have to have fun elsewhere friday nights." He added with a small laugh. This girl did seem easy to talk to. "So is this your favourite spot at Hogwarts then?" Fenton asked curiously. Blake did seem to know a lot about this particular spot and Fenton was always curious to find the best spots at Hogwarts. So far he had been exploring little by little, the castle and it's grounds always seemed to be growing though.

Blake never really thought about that, was this her favourite spot? No definitely not. Maybe? Well it was certainly one of them. Blake was torn and probably even let out a questioning face. She tucked again the same strain of hair that was being extremely stubborn and always getting in her face.

"Never really thought about that you know..." she said still thinking. She definitely liked the dorms better since it was there where she kept all her clothes and her make up but she wasn't going to give such a girly answer, it would only make her seem superficial, which was already noticeable since she was the only eleven years old student that wore heels all the time. She didn't even like them, and it certainly made her look like a snob girl, but her mom always forced her to think about her public image before anything else. She used to say "Your family might all be dead, your house may have burned and you might cry yourself to sleep every night but there's no excuse to ever stop smiling to the cameras" so yeah Blake already seemed superficial enough, she didn't need another person thinking that about her, so she remembered herself of the chocolate frogs she had a few weeks ago.

"My favourite place might be either the Great Hall or the Kitchens. Both of these places are related to food, and food equals dessert, dessert equals sweet, sweet equals happy!" she said chuckling "So yeah, wherever there's food that's my favourite place.".
She looked at the sky apologetically "Sorry but as much pretty as a view is... you can't taste it"

Fenton listened to the girl as she thought aloud about her favourite spot. He smiled wondering if he had a favourite spot here at Hogwarts so far. It was a difficult question actually. Fenton had not meant it to be, he was just trying to keep a casual conversation going. He watched the girl find her answer, the kitchens or the great hall. Food was the motivation. Fenton laughed audibly at the girl's answer. "Now that is a great way to think." He said with a smile as he ran his hand through his hair. "Can't go wrong with Food." He said thinking about how he enjoyed so many more meals and snacks here at Hogwarts. The food supply seemed never ending. It truly was magical.

Fenton looked out at the view once more, willing himself not to step closer due to the girl's warning. It was very tempting for this young Gryffindor though. His feet firmly planted on the ground, he once more turned to Blake. "Now you just need to learn to sneak food out of the kitchens and every place can be your favourite." the young boy joked. However it was not a horrible idea. Fenton could see himself enjoying a nice breakfast out here looking at the view of the cliffs or the lakefront. More picnics He thought making a mental note. He wished he could write it down before he forgot, but Fenton did not want to seem like a dork taking out his planner to jot something down mid-conversation.

"I did not mean to put you one the spot there. Sorry." Fenton admitted, signing along with his apology. "I'll try to ask less thoughtful questions in the future, if you aren't tired of my third degree yet." Fenton said with a little laugh. His jokes were never that grand, he had an odd sense of humor. "Maybe we can even move towards your favourite colour eventually" He playfully added

Fenton wasn't wrong. She had thought about sneaking food from the kitchen but she thought that maybe as a first year she would keep a low profile for at least this year but Blake felt that Fenton probably lioed that idea as much as her, he had probably given it some thought too.
Blake saw the Gryffindor boy doing some hand gestures "Is that sign language? Sorry I'm a bit of an ignorant when it comes to that. I had a friend who had some sepaking problems and she did taught us a bit but I don't think I remember anything. How do you know it?" she asked curiously, but then she remembered that she might have touched a sensitive spot. People who know sign language usually have someone in the family who can't speak like the average human so that might be a touchy subject or maybe it wasn't and Fenton was like her friend and he overcame a speaking disability and learned sign language on the way.
Blake dramatically gasped at the joke Fenton made "Those are some serious difficult questions. What are you? An inquisitor? I'm torn in that subject, my favourite colors might be either pink, taffy or ballet slipper" she said ironically remembering the time when her mom asked her to choose one of those three colors, that looked exactly the same, to paint her bedroom wall. Pink wasn't Blake's color of choice but she knew that against her mother her word didn't matter a lot as she would do whatever she wanted. She ended up choosing taffy.

Fenton had not realized he had been signing. It was more of a habit for him than anything else. At home that was the language every used. It was just second nature to the young Gryffindor. However, being at this school he had already had some negative encounters with individuals not understanding the beauty and necessity of the language. Fenton felt very passionate about this topic, it was personal to him in so many ways. This also made it a topic that frustrated about quite easily. Frustration was one of Fenton's downfalls. He tried to keep it in line, but somethings when he felt overly passionate about a topic, he just could not control it.

"Yes it's Sign Language." Fenton said smiling brightly when Blake said that she was familiar with it. Finally Fenton thought. It was always exciting to see someone else who was hearing know about the deaf community or at least the basic knowledge about sign language. "My mum is deaf" Fenton explained. "And most of my family is kind of hard of hearing." He went on to say, not sure exactly how to put it. Declan, Fenton's brother, was hard of hearing and so was he personally (not to the extent of Declan or his mother, but maybe one day). Fenton had trouble only hearing some frequencies right now in his left ear, but it could always develop to be more one day. It was not a secret that Fenton kept. There was nothing wrong with being deaf. It was simply not having one of your senses. You could still do everything everyone else does, just not hear. Fenton hoped to break some completely untrue stereotypes here while at Hogwarts.

Fenton laughed along with Blake as she played along with his joke. This girl had a good sense of humor. Fenton really enjoyed that. He was already feeling comfortable around this girl, he had basically just met. As Blake listed her favourite colors as pink, taffy, or ballet slippers, Fenton laughed slightly. He had never heard such a description of colors. This girl must really be into fashion or art Fenton thought. "I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that ballet slippers and taffy are not colors." He said sticking out his tongue slightly. "I'll stick with the basics. Purple is my favourite color if you want to know." He said playfully smiling at the girl.

Blake listened as Fenton mentioned his mom, she was kind of bad at showing emotions especially when the message had been confusing like that. She felt like she should say sorry about the boy's mom yet he talked about it like there was absolutely no problem in it so she decided to stick with what she knew it worked everytime, a shy smile.
She laughed as he said ballet slippers and taffy weren't a color, how she wished he was right and how she wished her mom was there right now to hear that, she would certainly give him a whole lecture about every billion of colours that exist in the colour spectrum.
"I wish you were right" she said with a forced chuckle "My mom would strongly disagree with you and would kill me if I considered agreeing with you" she said looking at the horizon, in all honesty Hogwarts didn't felt like home but she also didn't knew what home felt like as her home never felt like her home. Maybe Hogwarts felt like home but she didn't know. All she knew was that she was glad she left her home, she didn't miss it or her mom for a single second.
She suddenly turned her head to Fenton with a questioned look "Really?! Not really a lot of boys like purple. My favourite shade is definitely Lavender, it's a lighter shade of purple, the shade of the lavender flowers." she said trying to explain it, she hoped he knew that lavender was an actual colour and that she hadn't sound like her mom.

Fenton was glad that Blake laughed at his color comment. He was worried for a second that he had offended the girl. She seemed to know a lot about colors and their shades. By the look of her outfit (and heels), Fenton assumed she was one of those people who really understood and followed fashion. Fenton could never understand it personally. He appreciated nice clothes, but comfortable as well. No use being uncomfortable all day just to look good. This young Gryffindor boy knew this was not the belief of everyone, but it was personally his opinion.

Fenton could tell by Blake's tone of voice that her mother and her did not have the strongest bond. It seemed a lot of students had high pressures put on them around him. Sure Fenton's mother wanted him to be more organized, but she always prioritized his happiness above all else. "Well your mother is wrong. I'll say it loud enough for both of us" Fenton added with a small joking tone. He did not often do well with difficult conversations especially when he did not know how to react. Humor was always his coping mechanism.

Blake had seemed surprised by his favorite color. Fenton had never really cared what people thought about his likes and dislikes. His mother had always told him not to let any stereotypes types control his life, whether that be stereotypes about individuals with hearing loss or gender norms society tried to force on you. "Hey It's a great color!" Fenton said with a wide smile. "Plus colors don't have genders" He added feeling like his mother for a second as if she took over his brain, adding the words to his mouth.

Smiling and shaking his head slightly at his own words, he moved on to listen to Blake talk about Lavender. That was actually a color he knew, unlike ballet slippers. "Lavender is nice and an actual color" Fenton said sticking out his tongue at the last part. He was joking of course. "I like a darker purple though. Kind of like.... an eggplant." He said finally. He could not think of something any better than that right now. His mind was blank.

Blake liked that Fenton seemed brave like that, maybe that's why he was a Gryffindor, because he stood up to angry moms. Blake on the other hand was like a sheep, always following around her mom while always being revolted on the inside but never dared to go against her, she was still not sure how she ended up on Gryffindor.
She had to agree, colours didn't have genders but sometimes she got carried away by the stereotypes made and talked without thinking much, but she didn't judge people based on the colors they liked or didn't like.
When Fenton mentioned eggplant she immediately put her hand in front of her mouth to stop herself from spitting. "You know how that sounds right?" she said without being able to stop, she was now the definition of a crying from so much laughing emoji as tears started falling down her face "That was just bad! You could have just said amethyst or plum" she said still laughing but suddenly she got really serious "Technically the name is not eggplant puprle, is aubergine" she said trying to stop a smile from forming in her face.

Fenton laughed along with Blake for a moment. He knew his description was not great. That was why he didn't particular like fashion or color theory. It just was not something he mind could or wanted to get into. "Hey hey" He said between a laugh. "I just like eggplants better than plums I guess" He said with a shrug of his shoulders. The smile remained on his face as the laughing stop. This young girl was a lot of fun, Fenton was seriously enjoying her company.

"Then my favourite colour is Aubergine" He said in the most fancy voice he could muster. "I feel like I should be wearing a monocle before I say that" he added with a small laugh. Fenton was not the fanciest person you could say, especially at the dinner. This boy could eat vegetarian ribs like napkins were never invented! Luckily Blake did not have to witness that yet, maybe if they became friends. Right now Fenton knew he would scare her away.

The young Gryffindor boy ran his hand through his hair, messing it up slightly. "So now that I've asked the deep dark questions." He said with a smile looking towards Blake. "Do you have anything you want to know about the boy who you basically saved from falling off the cliff side?" He asked in a playful tone. Fenton knew he was no where near the danger zone of the cliff, but he did appreciate the heads up. He did not want to spend the night in the hospital wing.

Blake was shocked by what she had just heard "How come do you prefer a vegetable to a sweet, sugary fruit?! Are you feeling alright? I'm sure you are sick" she said with her eyes open wide. How can someone in he's perfect mind choose vegetables over fruit! With the exception of tomatoes, which are fruits but taste horribly, shouldn't even be considered one.

Blake laughed at the boy's fancy tone, she ised to have a monocle in her drawer where she kept her costumes, she wore it when she and her friends used to play pretend. She was upset for not bringing it with her "I actually have one just not here at Hogwarts." she said not saying anything else. The nostalgia of her home and her life before Hogwarts made her feel sick, it was a life she was more than happy to abandon, she had even considered not going home during summer break.

Blake just laughed at the boy's commentary "Oh, no need to ask questions. I can tell you are very humble" she said chuckling at him "And also have a huge and wide colour knowledge" she said teasing him. She gave it some thought and after a moment of silence she turned to him "Ok, so, are you muggleborn? Pureblood? Mixed? Just both parents witches even though you are not a pureblood? What secrets lie in your lineage?" she asked seriously and a bit ironically. She wondered if his family was as much complicated as his. Stupid question. His mom was deaf of course is family was more compicated.

Fenton smirked slightly at the girl's comment about his choice of food. "I swear my brother makes the best eggplant parmesan ever" He said happily thinking to his brother Declan. Declan was a restaurant owner and cook. He seriously made the best food Fenton had ever had. He even made all the family holiday meals. "if you tried that you would understand." Fenton said with a smile thinking fondly of his brother, the one that had his life together, something Fenton was working on. He just did not have that motivation that the rest of his family had. He was, after all, only eleven.

Fenton's mouth fell open slightly with a wonderful idea as Blake said she actually had a monocle, just not at school. "Well if you happen to find it, I have a great idea for next Halloween." Fenton said. He did love that holiday and he wondered if this costume would be more appropriate and a least a little less based on muggle media.

The young Gryffindor ran his hand through his hair messing it up slightly. Blake had asked him about his blood status, which Fenton rarely thought about. It seemed like everyone here at a bit of magic in them, where it came from Fenton rarely considered. "Both my parents are magical. Dad was from a muggle family. Boy were they surprised." He said with a laugh thinking about his grandparents. They had come around to the idea eventually. "Mum is from a magical family and I guess so am I technically." Fenton explained. The whole pureblood, muggleborn, half blood terms always seemed to confused him. He believed he was considered half-blood since his father was muggleborn, but as always Fenton was not quite certain.

Fenton was unsure if he should ask about Blake's family. It seemed like a tough subject for the young girl and Fenton did not want to pry. Instead he looked out over the cliff. "So" He began turned back to the girl with a goofy smile. "Would you rather bungee jump or sky dive off this cliff?" He asked knowing they would probably be expelled if even considered it, but Fenton was trying to get a feel of the girl, see what she was about.

Food was Blake's weak spot, she was a foodie and now Fenton was talking about how great his brother's eggplant parmesan, her stomach was already hungrh even though she had eaten just an hour ago "I presume he is an older brother because I'm not picturing someone younger than you cooking." she said with a smile "The best meals I had were either in a restaurant or made by the kitchen staff at home, can't relate to that kind of thing. The one time my mom tried to cook...let's just say that almost the whole kitchen suffered with it" she said remembering the awkward moment where her mom tried to prove herself by making a homemade six course meal, she didn't even got halfway on the first when the kitchen furniture got all burned, the sink was flooding, the room was filled with smoke, the fire sprinklers decided to go off and somehow her mom decided that the whole mess wasn't enough so she broke a window.

Blake remembered Halloween when the boy mentioned that, she saw the costume contest and she usually has the best ideas for costumes but she didn't exactly felt like participating, mostly because she wasn't really prepared and also because she didn't want to try to put effort on searching for a costume.

"Look at you! If your brother is a wizard and your and his kids turn out to be wizards too your family might become pureblood" she said impressed, she wasn't exactly expecting that the first person she met would be an almost pureblood since those are so rare and somehow important in the magical community.

"Well... hard question" she said evaluating both options, she knew that the height was not enough to skydive and with bungee jump she would probably end up hitting the rocks so she decided to go for a mix of a cynical and funny approach "I think it would depend a lot on the way that I would feel like dying that day. Today? Definitely skydiving" she said laughing. She didn't choose skydiving for any particular reason she just tried to complete the joke or else Fenton could really get scared with that type of humor, poor thing, if he lived in the same environment as her he'd either change his personality a lot or he would be eaten alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back